The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Imperfect Asylum Staves

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone compared the effectiveness of the two? I’m a mag sorc (yes yes, just like everyone else) currently running 5x Necro, 3x Infal (4x on back bar with lightning staff), 2x Maw of Infernal and a nirnhoned imperfect destro staff.

I was wondering if I’d get more out of running a nirnhoned IA fire staff instead.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on November 23, 2017 2:38AM

Best Answers

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can play with three force pulses per rotation, however it restricts you form using frags or a additional DOT. I'm not a sorc expert, but at least for me this results in considerably lower DPS and sustain issues.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Answer ✓
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    Any asylum staff is not that good for pet sorcs. 4 md on front and vma back bar is a lot better.
    However, for NON-pet even imperfect asylum is pretty sexy.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
    Answer ✓
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    You can play with three force pulses per rotation, however it restricts you form using frags or a additional DOT. I'm not a sorc expert, but at least for me this results in considerably lower DPS and sustain issues.

You can still hit the 3 FP within 10 seconds on every rotation.
    Chances are you will hit a frag every rotation. since your rotation should be on an 8 -10 second timer anyway due to elemental blockade recasting.. you shouldn't worry about hitting your 3rd FP.

Usually when i run non pet sorc... i'll hit 2 FP + a frag in my front bar rotation. many times though, you get 3 FP in there... bar swap... apply your 3 dots (blockade, liquid, haunting curse) which shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 seconds. swap back and hit force pulse (or frag if it was proc'd as the last cast from previous front bar rotation)

Will uptime be better with the perfect staff? yep... but not by a massive margin. i think the parse i saw was something like..a couple percent difference for each status effect.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    Answer ✓
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better to have 4th piece of moondancer/IA/MA then imperfected staff. Only perfected staff makes sense to wear. Also if You have perfected staff willpower jewelery beats 3 pieces of moondancer/IA/MA.
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the off-balance changes go live then all asylum destruction staves will be taking a big nerf. The most valuable aspect was the ability to achieve 100% concussion uptime, resulting in near 100% uptime of off-balance if using lightning wall of elements. Now that will be capped at 25% uptime (according to PTS 3.3.3), making the exploiter passive and 75 points into thaumaturge questionable.

Sure the burning proc is still nice, but that can be achieved easily with a charged or infused staff and a fire glyph. Minor vulnerability is nice, but a shock enchant or a group member with IA can easily provide that. Chilled is the lowest damage effect, and the minor maim is usually provided by the tank anyway.
    Answer ✓
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 fp vs 3 fp is pretty big

also, infused front bar