The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mag Dk Skill changes

• NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't agree with unpergable talons, because that would be OP. I do think DK's, both mag and especially stam, need overhauling. I think tweeks and changes to a lot skills could make all the difference. I recently posted a discussion on my thoughts for improvements to DK's, it was primarily stamina based in nature, but a lot of those suggestions could help MagDK's as well. Here is the link https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381248/stamdks-suggestions-to-improve-mainly-pvp#latest
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    And fossilize ALREADY breaks on any damage done AND with Clockwork city was ADDITIONALLY nerfed to a measly 8 meters now while sorcs have a 40 meter rune cage that does the same damn thing. lol wut?

It does not break on damage anymore.
    power lash still can only be proced once every 6 seconds due to internal cooldowns for that. The point of this is the proc allowing Dk’s to have an ability to help sustainability since we have none in addition to the highest costing skills in the game

Try a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant. 1 blockade of storms can get you 4 free power lashes. With torugs pact you can get 100% uptime on free power lashes.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some suggestions for this particular playstyle and the class that would benefit the most underperforming class spec while leaving tanking aspects and BG tanks unbuffed.

Due to the continuing changes after Morrowind that nuked sustainability, and even more uneeded nerfs to the Dk’s Battle Roar and even to their Helping hands, the Dk spec and specifically the Mag Dk has almost zero sustainable options with no passives to help other than the now-near useless battle roar.

~<Here are 3 simple changes that would help the struggling DK non-tanks without buffing the PvE meta/PvP troll tanks

1. •Reduce the Highest magicka costs ingame
    of the Magic Skills in all the Dk skill lines by 5-10%. Why does the class with the worst sustainability have the highest costing skills in the first place?

2. •Allow Talons and Fossilize to be unpurgable/uncleansable **HERE IS WHY** Players inside talons can still; Cast skills, block, heal, even CLOAK inside talons and still attack within talons as well.
    This skill is the only option Dk’s have to reliably proc Power Lash, which since Dk’s have NO sustainability, this was our only option to help offset our resource drain. Now since Forward Momentum (2H skill) and all purges (like templars) can simply cast this off Dk’s have no sustainable damage skills for our Magic Spec without being pulverized. And fossilize ALREADY breaks on any damage done AND with Clockwork city was ADDITIONALLY nerfed to a measly 8 meters now while sorcs have a 40 meter rune cage that does the same damn thing. lol wut?

3. •Add an actual recovery passive in some fashion to the DK’s passive skill lines. Battle roar is WAY to weak. I don’t care if it’s a weaker form of it. Just something to help us out besides waiting for an ultimate to get back a pitiful amount of resources that get burned in less than 10 seconds because our skills are the highest costing in the game.

~~Please do something to help the DK’s who don’t want to be PvE tanks or PvP troll tank builds. I understand stam dk is doing well, but none of my suggestions buff the Stam by any means. Seriously what’s the point of having an entire flame skill line if the Magick Dk is relatively dead? It’s almost impossible to open world PvP as one. In duels I can still somewhat manage to kill people but not NEARLY as effectively as any other class spec is able to duel. Let alone Battlegrounds, Trials, or Open World PvP.

~~ I know there are threads upon threads of this, and entire page but come on. Help this class out, and the magicka spec.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Don't we know each other?
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    For myself,Ash Cloud cost too much,helping hand only benefit for stamina even include wipe's morph(molten's 70 spell dmg is nonsense,we all choose lash because its zero cost and more dmg,and they will make It not clean off balance form boss next patch!!but I think molten is the only one SHOULD be pve morph)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every class was destroyed by the CP system. Worse thing ever to happen to this game. If the game continues this way I fear there will be no class identity at all.

BTW, in heavy I'm lucky to get 3 casts from Battle Roar. If you're getting 10 seconds please give me your build! It's got to be a light armour PvP build for sure.
    PC EU
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can yall let this thread die?

I gave up on it. It's a pointless trend. And I've already turned my Dk into what everyone wants DK's to do. Stand blindly and block while being a good pack mule. But they will probably nerf blocking too so it won't even be able to do that next update from the looks of things lol.

Seriously though. The mag dk spec is pure pointless after I rolled Mag sorc and I'm 100%
    more effective, mobile, tanky, and damaging.
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    And fossilize ALREADY breaks on any damage done AND with Clockwork city was ADDITIONALLY nerfed to a measly 8 meters now while sorcs have a 40 meter rune cage that does the same damn thing. lol wut?

It does not break on damage anymore.
    power lash still can only be proced once every 6 seconds due to internal cooldowns for that. The point of this is the proc allowing Dk’s to have an ability to help sustainability since we have none in addition to the highest costing skills in the game

Try a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant. 1 blockade of storms can get you 4 free power lashes. With torugs pact you can get 100% uptime on free power lashes.

Pray tell you want me to use a ground based directional AoE skill in pvp? Duels? Cyrodill?
    In dungeons yes, that is a decent way to maintain power lashes every 5 seconds, because you can only set an enemy off-balance once every 5 seconds to proc power lash.

anyways I know this is used in trials by healers to boost everyones damage. It doesn't just benifit Dk's. And every other class beats dk in every parse besides wardens who are good at burst damage, healing, and tanking