Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want "character description"?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Something I leaned that WOW has...simply somewhere you can write something about your character, and you and other ppl run across you can have a look about it.

It will be great for role-playing, and also can have uses for other types of characters as well (for example, telling you which gear does this character miss or planning to farm for, what kind of role he/she has, or show others about your achievement or how much awesome your gear or dps is, etc)

So, what do you think?

Edit, adding: It will be a minor improvement and reuqire little work in UI, so I don't think it will "slow down other works" like some ppl will always claim
Edited by Lyserus on November 21, 2017 11:28AM

Do you want "character description"? 167 votes

Yes! (Feel free to add more foods for thoughts)
80%
GilvothMoloch1514Uriel_NocturneSBCArobainPheefsTurelusDanikatvrinexenowarrior92eb17_ESOLoralai_907Its_AlexisAlex_Lexfalcasternub18_ESOLoves_guarsHatchetHaroLazkinleeuxHuyenRajeeri 134 votes
No! (Give reasoning)
12%
vailjohn_ESOAcrolasBelegnolewenchmore420b14_ESOidkanothermeStreegaTandorbitelsRawkanMgghoolI_killed_VivecKatahdinO_LYKOSCloudlesswolfie1.0.ShezzarrineRANKK7Kiralyn2000EvilAutoTech 21 votes
Other!
7%
eklhaftb16_ESOSamadhistarkerealmsdtlcDurhamGhettokidlonestarrangerLadyNalcaryaOutLaw_NynxStaniaMinarasLaureAutumnhart 12 votes
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inspect mode with some data on the char would be nice :)
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh why not
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Inspect mode with some data on the char would be nice :)

Oh god, pls no full inspect option
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDO had this and I always found it enjoyable.

However I mostly suspect it will just be used for "lolz" or people listing all their crafting abilities or achievements.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what @Ghettokid will have in the description :D
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other!
    I would totally be fine with this. However I know some people wouldn’t like it because of “secret builds”
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    DDO had this and I always found it enjoyable.
    Yeah, I know the feature from other games, and always loved it. Would love it in ESO too, definitely!
    Turelus wrote: »
    However I mostly suspect it will just be used for "lolz" or people listing all their crafting abilities or achievements.
    I have no issue with that. They can write whatever, brag about their PvPness or make crafting advertising... that too will tell us about the mind behind the character, and who not to bother interacting with... ;)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, put it in! Wouldn't mind if it automatically appeared on screen when the Little "interact" wheel appears either. Maybe a tweet-long summary for this purpose, and a fuller description to be accessed with further clicks?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    I'd like to have it, but still voted "no", because... well, some people can and will come up with something so cringeworthy it would instantly make me regret we even got it as an option (looking at you, pink wedding dress-wearing male orc who spends all of his waking hours in Cyrodiil).
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    I'd like to have it, but still voted "no", because... well, some people can and will come up with something so cringeworthy it would instantly make me regret we even got it as an option (looking at you, pink wedding dress-wearing male orc who spends all of his waking hours in Cyrodiil).

I thought it would make this function more fun :D
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me.
    If you want gear inspection to be a part of it, it would probably be good to give the option to share that info or not.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    I don't have any objections to the idea, especially if there was an on/off toggle for allowing inspection by other players, but as the question was "Do you want character descriptions?" then the answer is "No" simply because they are of no interest to me and I would never make my own character descriptions or inspect anyone else's.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine idea but what I would really like is the ability to make up your own titles instead of the bragadocious canned ones. I'd like to be able for folks to see a title like 'Healer' or 'Medicine Woman' under my char's name than the available ones. I'd find that much more helpful that 'Mistress of Misrule' or whatever. Heck, keeping the existing ones as options would be fine, just let me create my own 'descriptive' ones to use instead.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! It would be awesome!
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    with this many agrees I feel safe to
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    and try to make it an official proposal ;)
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    Fine idea but what I would really like is the ability to make up your own titles instead of the bragadocious canned ones. I'd like to be able for folks to see a title like 'Healer' or 'Medicine Woman' under my char's name than the available ones. I'd find that much more helpful that 'Mistress of Misrule' or whatever. Heck, keeping the existing ones as options would be fine, just let me create my own 'descriptive' ones to use instead.

Oh please, for the love of the gods, NO!

I can assure you I have no wish to see the immature and pathetic titles that players would come up with given free rein, yourself excepted no doubt. I don't think it would ever happen because ZOS would fear an absolute flood of petitions complaining about the inappropriateness of the titles many would use.
    Edited by Tandor on November 21, 2017 12:47PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Oh please, for the love of the gods, NO!

I can assure you I have no wish to see the immature and pathetic titles that players would come up with given free rein, yourself excepted no doubt. I don't think it would ever happen because ZOS would fear an absolute flood of petitions complaining about the inappropriateness of the titles many would use.

People allready make immature names.

People allready walk around with pink armor.

When weapon dyes become a thing, people will pick the most phallic looking mace and make it a bright, fleshy color and smack people with a improvised ***.

You cant stop it, and limiting customization because you dont want to see these people is selfish.

And uh, I can personally attest? They dont care. They certainly dont care about people being disruptive, because the ammount of events that get trolled speak volumes about that. Back in the day, a simple report could get a bunch of stuff sorted out, including trolls screwing with RPers and such. Nowadays? They dont care, trust me.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on November 21, 2017 12:56PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine idea but what I would really like is the ability to make up your own titles instead of the bragadocious canned ones...
    a6984aabbb5d3a2249abac266b44bd266214648332f0aeb5bdd8b4fdd9d00331.jpg
    We all know where this would end. Anyone who knows the internet can imagine it all too clearly.
    You cant stop it, and limiting customization because you dont want to see these people is selfish...
    ...just because we cannot stop the trolls does not mean we have to give them more chances to troll people!
    I'd like to be able for folks to see a title like 'Healer' or 'Medicine Woman' under my char's name than the available ones. I'd find that much more helpful that 'Mistress of Misrule' or whatever...
    ...more titles in -general- would be a good idea! As long as you don't let the usual human garbage spew their mental excrement all over the eso title system and claim its just "for fun"...
    I would -love- if the powers that be added dozends of "everyday" titles to various low-key achievements. Titles like "Tailor/Cobbler" (clothier achievements) or "Healer" (dungeon/pvP heals) or "Sage" (lorebook collections) or "Lumberjack/Farmer/Miner" (resource gathering) or "Blacksmith" (blacksmithing) or "Medicine Man/Woman" (alchemy) or "Runecaster" (enchanting) or "Cook/Brewer" (provisioning) or "Game Hunter" (beast kills) or "Apprentice" (joined the mages guild) or "Squire (joined the fighters guild) or "Firestarter" (done the lightbringer achievement) or "Carpenter" (woodworking) or dozends more...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine idea but what I would really like is the ability to make up your own titles instead of the bragadocious canned ones...
    We all know where this would end. Anyone who knows the internet can imagine it all too clearly.
    You cant stop it, and limiting customization because you dont want to see these people is selfish...
    ...just because we cannot stop the trolls does not mean we have to give them more chances to troll people!
    I'd like to be able for folks to see a title like 'Healer' or 'Medicine Woman' under my char's name than the available ones. I'd find that much more helpful that 'Mistress of Misrule' or whatever...
    ...more titles in -general- would be a good idea! As long as you don't let the usual human garbage spew their mental excrement all over the eso title system and claim its just "for fun"...
    I would -love- if the powers that be added dozends of "everyday" titles to various low-key achievements. Titles like "Tailor/Cobbler" (clothier achievements) or "Healer" (dungeon/pvP heals) or "Sage" (lorebook collections) or "Lumberjack/Farmer/Miner" (resource gathering) or "Blacksmith" (blacksmithing) or "Medicine Man/Woman" (alchemy) or "Runecaster" (enchanting) or "Cook/Brewer" (provisioning) or "Game Hunter" (beast kills) or "Apprentice" (joined the mages guild) or "Squire (joined the fighters guild) or "Firestarter" (done the lightbringer achievement) or "Carpenter" (woodworking) or dozends more...

If people are really determined to troll we should focus on actually stopping it and making it harder instead of just cuting off everything that could be used to do it.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see this, with the ability to also see the guild description and contact information for each guild the player is in.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems ZOS doesn't know much about character profiles. They give you this, and that, like titles, achievements, skins pets, completions, etc., that you can show to no one, they are just stuck there in your account for you to see them only.

They haven't learned yet that people like to show what they achieved or like to communicate stuff through personal profile and so.

I'm not asking for a Facebook profile, but at least a player profile with some basic areas/tabs with info/stuff to show off.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    Have seen it in another game and never looked at it and rather did not care about filling it out on mine. Basically something of very little importance.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other!
    no strong objections
    but do not trust ZOS to implement something like this
    without attaching it to a gear inspect feature
    that started getting people kicked out of dungeons and trials
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    Do I want it? No, I've never used that feature in other games before, wouldn't now. I'm no creative writer.

Would I care if other people got it? No. Go right ahead, seems like a very small & simple thing to add. But that wasn't the poll question.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally yes! Anything that allows user to roleplay more deeply is welcomed!

This idea can be expanded further. In one of the best RPGs of this century, Pillars of Eternity, character's biography rights itself, while player completes key quests in the storyline. I think such feature can be a great addition to the already existing library of the lorebooks in ESO. In summary my suggestion is the following, allow players to write their own prehistory, but current history should be written in process, as the result of their adventures.
    Edited by logarifmik on November 22, 2017 10:38AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)
    It sounds like a nice idea but it's too easily ruined by immature 12 year olds that want to talk about your mom or certain body parts and functions.

Seen this happen before with customizable name placards in COD so it will definitely happen here.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see why/how it would hurt anything. Why not have it?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! (Give reasoning)

If people are really determined to troll we should focus on actually stopping it and making it harder instead of just cuting off everything that could be used to do it.

Yea, good luck with that
    Beta tester November 2013
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I liked it in MxO
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"