The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Preperation for Emp - Campaign reset

O_LYKOS
O_LYKOS
✭✭✭✭✭
I pvp from time to time but I've never gone in hard and committed to being Emperor.

I'm not a leader or a known player at all. I know becoming Emp can be hard work and come to those who work hard and deserve it. I just want the costume haha so I'm going to give it a shot.

I'd like to know if there's any special preparation I should consider before attempting this. I know I should keep up my AP buff by killing a boss in a delve.

Thank you in advance.
PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The road to Emperor is long and hard, and typically requires a lot of upfront effort in the first hours of the campaign. You'll want to get started on gaining AP right at the campaign reset (or even a little before?) keep your buff up and focus on the different ways you can make AP.

Here's a couple guides, (older but the general advice is still good):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/146634/eso-emperor-guide
    https://elderscrollsonline.info/emperor

The best advice I can give as a player whose helped with several successful emperor pushes is to know the groups that regularly run for your faction on your campaign. Many guilds/organized raids will help you make an emperor push to capture the map if you are already in first place and you ask nicely. Having a good group of your own will help immensely. From my experience, if those guilds/raids know you've been out there fighting for the faction, they'll often be willing to help crown an emperor for the faction. You'll just have to match sure you're in the top position.
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    The road to Emperor is long and hard, and typically requires a lot of upfront effort in the first hours of the campaign. You'll want to get started on gaining AP right at the campaign reset (or even a little before?) keep your buff up and focus on the different ways you can make AP.

Here's a couple guides, (older but the general advice is still good):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/146634/eso-emperor-guide
    https://elderscrollsonline.info/emperor

The best advice I can give as a player whose helped with several successful emperor pushes is to know the groups that regularly run for your faction on your campaign. Many guilds/organized raids will help you make an emperor push to capture the map if you are already in first place and you ask nicely. Having a good group of your own will help immensely. From my experience, if those guilds/raids know you've been out there fighting for the faction, they'll often be willing to help crown an emperor for the faction. You'll just have to match sure you're in the top position.

Or just go to shor and buy it
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Or just go to shor and buy it

That's rather embarrassing for anyone involved with buying or selling the emperorship. Plus embarrassing for the faction when they have a fail emperor.

So if you have advice for how to actually earn emperorship, let's hear it.

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Have fun: No servant (and or none servant) want a kingdom ruled. By an angry King/Queen typing warrior in PvP Zone chat (or any, including voice)

2. Must have real huge damage: must be way better than my 1132 spell and or weapon damage (for PvP in Cp and as a healer, I'm so ashamed)

3. Must not spam Healing Springs and or that 1 spell thing: Mainly don't spam easy restro skills. (Even though it's possible to spam if your a healer. Most likely I been EMP long time ago. But I think it's a forbidden thing.)

4. Be prepared to feel very sad: (only applies if your in a guild and or random group leader) Let me say I had a pretty bad experience trying to lead group (why I like to follow now instead of lead) Let's just say if your the only surviving, out of 10 very low lvl in group (10-15) Not only you should be very sad, you should be ashamed of your self (it does hit hard)

5. Don't get mad at me, when I helped you get EMP. Then due to Time zone difference from campaign reset. Even if warned before hand many times. That my guild want me be on a certain opposite alliance during campaign reset. Don't get mad at me when campaign reset and I take away EMP on other side. That I originally helped you to get and not to mention many times I warned before hand, it was going to happen. Once campaign resets itself. (speaking on my personal behalf and how I made a whole guild mad at me, in which I know some reads my stuff here anyway)

6.One must spread it's wings and fly, Seriously: Be happy towards each other. Give it all you got and all you have. Show us that no matter side you are or even if your enemy side. Show us what you are capable of and why you really want to be an Emperor. (Besides pulling out Excalibur from the stone) Show us if you are worthy to be EMP or not. If your an EMP whom mainly teabags enemies and or fallen allies because rather if they deserve it or not. In my eyes you don't deserve EMP no offense.But if you are very humbled and enjoy everyone in Cyrodiil (Including Enemy) who bow and show good faith towards others and kind. Then you are a worthy EMP in my eyes and proud to call you as my friend.

7. You must show really good leadership skills: Honestly I believe it's a very valuable skill still, even in game. Look at Alexander the great. Siege of Troy. Rome among many more. Including the book of War. Knowledge is power. rather if you choose to use the Knowledge is up to you. Same can apply in Cyrodiil as well. Trick your enemies, make your enemies come after you. But I know you want EMP don't rush it.

8. A good EMP must always have others whom are willing to guard EMP keep. (If your not in a dead campaign that is and or, enemy zerg you down)

9. One must not zerg to gain EMP. One must gather many followers of your side. may it be 24 and or 48. always, always spread out. Never ever have 24 or 48 zerg against 1 keep at a time. You as an EMP has valuable resources. Your people. Use them wisley. Spread the flock evenly. Hit many places at once. Whilst rest defend your keeps.

10. Expect to stay up late (I not suggest) because it's going to be very hard to get emp in a popular campaign. Go in a dead campaign if need be. But honestly it's not really fun for me. I rather like the challenge. Also don't account sharing and resource camping and always make sure to rebuild your Future Empire. You really have to, in order to get EMP.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me other than the obvious of potion poison repair kits and cold fire

No work
    No girlfriend
    Plenty of Snacks
    Gets lots of rest
    Friends in different time zones

Hit it hard right off the bat. I went for it 2-3 times casually and failed all of them. Someone kept playing when I went to sleep. So don't sleep. Failed because we already had emperorship and couldn't beat the emp on AP even though I was really close.

Ended up bombing my way to the top on the first day of the campaign. I ran my own guild and was able to benefit from being the group leader for a year so if I wanted a tick I would send the group to prep the next move. Making sure I was alive with two healers.

I had two setups for getting emp. A bomb build and a gank build for MNB that could be changed with no cp changes or mundus. So if the group got small I would gank to run the AP up. If bombing having another good DPS in the group for intermittent AP.

Hope this helps a little
    Edited by Koolio on November 19, 2017 12:06AM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting EMP is easy and difficult at the same time, basically:

-play 18/7 (6 hours sleep have to be enough)
    -leech everything you can - the faster your horse the better
    -zerg surf

that's how EPs get EMP on Sotha Sil PC EU - works every single time

side note: you can be the biggest noob, no skill required, just read the map and leech offensive ticks; AP buff helps too.
    If you're on PC EU then come and try your luck on Sotha EP side, if you cant get EMP there, then you probably won't ever get it :#
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One trick to get you a headstart:

- Grab every single quest and complete them on other campaigns, BUT, hand them in on the campaign you plan to become emperor on. Those extra AP is nice to have at start.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is when the campaigns reset. Some seem to sit on 'done' forget on the timer. I heard it was 30 minutes to reset but really.cant get my head around it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    real suprised @Crown 's guide wasnt linked over Deltia's completely outdated guide. .

https://darkelves.com/emperor/
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    What I don't get is when the campaigns reset. Some seem to sit on 'done' forget on the timer. I heard it was 30 minutes to reset but really.cant get my head around it

If you check the leaderboard under your quest/"J" menu, it shows the time until AP starts counting for the new campaign. I don't know why that isn't displayed under the alliance war/"L" leaderboard, but it seems to be a little-known but useful tidbit.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYp1ISlGQBE
    Tada! A complete guild video for u :)
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this not long ago..

https://darkelves.com/achieving-emperor/
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the summary of it all:

- It basically just comes down to time. You need a lot of free time to play and get points and stay in the lead long enough to have a chance of getting it when/if the faction caps the emp keeps.
    - The initial bit can be a bit RNG, luck of the draw for those that choose to dash and burn short term. But if you keep at it you will easily overcome all those initial players with no issues.
    - You don't need to be a top tier player.
    - It helps if you have a good pvp guild that can support you.

Good luck.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you even consider going for emperor in a primary platform campaign, you need to figure out who your off time guilds are and make friends with them. Like straight offer to blow them or whatever, just get on their good side. If you don't, then you'll have no one to support your push when it comes time to actually capture emp. Random pugs will almost never get emp for you, and guilds will definitely not support some jerkwad random from zone.

Be prepared for the long game, if you think you'll just skip sleeping for 3 days and get emp right in the beginning, you'll probably be disappointed.

If you have a job where leave can be requested... you'll probably need to use it.

Aim for around 300k+ AP per day, That's usually enough to get you in the lead or keep you from falling too far behind.

Talk to the others on the top of the leaderboard. Many of them are willing to help you or simply step aside if it is your "turn" to have a go at emp.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the past few resets, leader board on the first day of campaign in Vivec have hit about a million on the first day. 3-400k on following days seems to be the norm.
    Edited by Crown on November 22, 2017 8:10PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com