The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Plus, Worth it?

Snusmumriken
Snusmumriken
Soul Shriven
As a relatively new player I'm curious about this.
Edited by Snusmumriken on November 18, 2017 1:45PM

ESO Plus, Worth it? 229 votes

Yes!
84%
SirAndyGilvothAcrolasashenehb14_ESOBelegnoleBigBraggMonkLoHanArobainGlassHalfFullBeastnasDarcyMardinHanokihswyterice24b14_ESOalcelenielHrogunTurelusLadyAstrumixiekmufc77b16_ESOAllPlayAndNoWork 194 votes
No!
15%
CavalryPKMojmirNewBlacksmurfcalitrumanb14_ESOCatsmoke14MercyKillingDanikatTommy83DanteYodaZaldanJWKeGhettokidvamp_emilyNordSwordnBoardRatzkifalMustardRT_FrankBosmeriPrideStrawberryKitsuneDJ_TYR 35 votes
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    The craft bag in itself is the best thing I have from ESO+ along with double bank space, I would really love ZOS if they give double character storage space. Everything else is added flavor.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    For me it is.
    The craft bag is super convenient for inventory management, especially if you're a crafter.
    Dying costumes is nice for character customisation.
    Plus you get 1500 crowns each month.

Also, if I play 1 hour a day for the month and pay $15 for eso+. It costs me only $0.50 an hour.

I can live with that. Besides I blow way more than that at the pub on the weekend anyway.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    I subbed for 2 years and last month I cancelled both my subs. Why? Everything that is nice is hid in the scam boxes.

It is nice having the crafting bag, and extra storage and dying your outfits. I do miss dying my outfits the most, but I am doing fine without it.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    If you have never purchased any DLC yes.

If you have purchased DLC a little less.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    For me? No.

For you? Maybe.

I don't think any of the benefits are worth the price for me, mainly because my play time is limited and pretty erratic. I could easily pay for a month and then barely get time to log into my crafter to do research and maybe a couple of days of writs. I prefer to buy the DLC directly so I have it available whenever I want it and I'm fine without the other perks (I do open-world PvE and casual dungeon runs only so I don't need tons of spare equipment for my characters, which leaves me plenty of bank space to store materials).

I have bought ESO Plus twice, both times so I could dye costumes on my characters. I can't see myself buying it again until I have lots of new characters/costumes or when I finish decorating my house and want to activate the extra 200 slots so I can put a bunch of lore books in there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Totally worth it.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Like the other guy said, if you're asking for my personal opinion? No it's not worth it for me, for similar reasons as @Danikat does. Plus I prefer buying stuff outright than renting it and I have a private guild bank for storage.

For you though, possibly, it's more based on opinion than anything.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • TheLebowsky
    Hi guys, just one question.... Eso+ grants this unlimited storage for materials. Does this mean that I - the moment i sign eso+ - i get a lot of free space in my bag/bank due to the fact that material does not count in my inventory any more?
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    For me it's worth it.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Hi guys, just one question.... Eso+ grants this unlimited storage for materials. Does this mean that I - the moment i sign eso+ - i get a lot of free space in my bag/bank due to the fact that material does not count in my inventory any more?

Yes. As soon as you log in after getting ESO+ all the crafting materials in your bank will move into the craft bag, which has infinite space. I think you might need to log into each character to move any which are in their inventories over. Then as long as you have ESO+ active any new materials you pick up will also go into the craft bag.

If you cancel ESO+ any materials still in the craft bag will stay there, but any new ones you pick up will go into your characters inventory. And somewhat annoyingly when you craft things it will pull materials from the craft bag first - so over time you'll empty it and fill your inventory/bank. But you can always resub for 30 days to move them over if you want to.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    If you are a crafter/merchant or someone who needs a lot of space in bank yeah its worth it
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    VxlH18Z.jpg
    Happy Patch day!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you mainly pvp, not so much. Morrowind isn't included in ESO+, so you would need to buy that anyways for battlegrounds. A transmute crystal cap of 100 is not so bad, geodes can be stored on an alt.

If you hoard, or you are big into customizing character or house, ESO+ is practically required.

If your needs fall somewhere inbetween, maybe. If you get used to the bonuses, it can be hard later to give it up. I think as long as you don't overfill your bank, doing a short sub when a DLC you're interested in comes out might work for some people.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    No. Ppl are paying for it to gain QoL features which are intentionally set short to make you buy the service.

It’s not worth it, I’d much rather buy dlc with QoL updates included as pay for cosmetics.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes, though they surely could do better, like adding siege and furniture bag, or expanding characters inventories slots (right now it's only the bank).

The possibility to dye costumes I think it's something that should be offered to anyone, I see it like a very basic feature that should be available just for any player.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Unsubbed after several months just to see what it was like. I resubbed 2 days later. While I wish inventory didn't suck without it, the 1500 crowns a month is worth it too. I was able to get by just fine before with mules last year, but because I'm now a max level crafter, that extra inventory space is crucial.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    It is worth it for me, but only occasional for certain months. It doesn't offer enough for me for a non stop ongoing subscription, I cherry pick months. Like with promo's linked to eso+, new dlc just came out and so on. These are times when the month subscription is definitely worth my money.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    The possibility to dye costumes I think it's something that should be offered to anyone, I see it like a very basic feature that should be available just for any player.

I agree, also seems like a good idea for ZoS themselves as all the costumes become way more interesting for those without ESO+
    Tying dying of costumes to ESO+ does not make me subscribe ESO+ to dye them, it simply makes me not want to buy the costumes from the store as they feel limited most of the time because i don't have ESO+ most of the time.

Same for housing. It doesn't make me want to keep subscribed to get the max out of housing... it just makes me do less with housing as I know when ESO+ lapses it will influence my builds negatively. Hate that feeling. It would mean I can't change anything out when over the non-ESO+ itemcount as it will just pack it up and be unable to place anything instead. So the house feels locked for me creativity wise. So I keep to the non-ESO+ limits regardless so my house remains fully workable no matter what. And the store bought furniture is not interesting as I have no place to put it anyway with non-eso+ limits. So why pay real money? I can't place half of what i want and can get without them already.

Both feel like they should be part of the base deal, so without ESO+ as they feel like a very artificial limitation, just for the sake of pushing ESO+
    Edited by Orticia on November 20, 2017 5:42PM
  • TheLebowsky
    Orticia wrote: »
    It is worth it for me, but only occasional for certain months. It doesn't offer enough for me for a non stop ongoing subscription, I cherry pick months. Like with promo's linked to eso+, new dlc just came out and so on. These are times when the month subscription is definitely worth my money.

Do i keep dlc after quiti quiting monthly payments?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Lebowski No, you lose access if you stop subbing.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Normally I'd say yes since it's awesome and I sub for around half a year usually.

However, since you said that you're a new player I'd advise for you not to get it... yet. There are many things in eso plus that you wouldn't take FULL advantage of such as crafting bag, dlc dungeons/trials, costume dyeing, more bank space, etc.

There is so much to do in the base game already that your first few subscriptions would end before you dip your toes into the all the stuff previously mentioned.

Once you're experienced enough in the game to where the eso plus perks start to become more and more attractive (or necessary as is my case as a crafter ;) ) then I would recommend getting eso plus in order to get your money's worth.
    Edited by RT_Frank on November 22, 2017 5:32PM
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Definitely it is worth it to sub every once in a while, to clear your inventory and mules of all that stacked crafting materials - and to binge-play DLC content without paying for it ;)

If there's one thing that stops me from subscribing regularly, it is the item pricing at the crown store. Weird, right? I'll explain: they give me a 1500 crown stipend with my sub, then they price limited-time items at 1800 or 2000 crowns so I couldn't afford them for one month worth of sub, thus trying to force me into spending more money. What am I, a milking cow? :p
  • TheLebowsky
    Do the 1500 crowns per month expire or do they stock up every single month?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the 1500 crowns per month expire or do they stock up every single month?

They do not expire, and if you sub multiple months, you get them in one lump.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Even though I voted no, it is definitely worth it and even the best deal for buying crowns in certain cases. Imagine that there is a new dress in the store and you'd purchase 1500 crowns to get it. Instead you could buy one month of ESO+ for the SAME amount of money and still get 1500 crowns AND ESO+!
    Whenever that condition is met for me, I am buying ESO+
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    cynic the game is designed (intended, deliberately made) to be harder to play if you don't have eso plus. The game exists to make money so a combination of "carrots and sticks" are used to make us player donkeys go towards paying every month.

Crafting is made very difficult without subbing at least occasionally. The craft bag let's any character gather materials and all characters always have access to crafting materials. Without the craft bag many players choose not to gather materials because of the time it takes to manage inventory.

This is particularly noticeable during events like the witches festival and new life festival where you will get lots of varied rewards.

Storing gearsets is important too, and with so many gearsets in the game, as well as an every expanding collection of furnishings, maps, pardon edicts, those weird dazzler consumables, etc, you need a lot of inventory space.

Playing the inventory management mini-game is more of a mid to endgame activity. In the early game gold and experience are all that matters, so eso plus gives a noticeable increase in those too.

In conclusion, eso knows what buttons to push, so to get the most out of the game you will have to pay for it with eso plus. If you don't you will progress more slowly, not just because you get less experience and gold, but also because you will spend more time tidying up your inventory and bank more often and you will probably rely on others to do at least some of your crafting for you.

P.s. I sub occasionally, usually for in-game events. I would prefer to buy things out right but there is no way I could be a crafter without getting the craft bag occasionally.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I like it.

I'm a packrat - I LOOOVVEE the crafting bag.

I mostly run around in Tamriel or IC, I use the DLC's but if I had "paid for them" I'd get all stressed about was I using them enough.

I sorta like dying costumes - but costumes based on armor sets (like the Lyrissa's outfit and so on) dye in annoying ways (the trim is the "middle" bar on one part, the "left" bar on another part) and that's just .... silly.

Getting ESO plus is about equal (for me) of going to a movie or two on most weekends (I sub two accounts), which I did before I subbed, so it is (for me) an actual functional trade-off.

YMMV
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

As said above, you loose access. ESO+ just rents it for it's duration, not buy it. I mentioned it because I use the ESO+ the month a DLC comes out to try it out, play it a lot, and after that see if it's still worth buying it outright with crowns for me. If it is I have the crowns from the subscription month to go towards it. If not I save the crowns for the next time in case I want to buy it (a DLC costs more then the 1500 crowns generally speaking).

In case of CWC, I done all I wanted in this month, got the collectibles and such. It sure added a lot to the subscription to be able to do that. I decided to not buy the CWC DLC as it's not worth it for me at this point anymore. So being able to revisit it next time I subscribe for the next DLC is enough. And I have the 1500 crowns still and with what i still had saved up enough to buy a DLC outright without subscribing if I so desire or something else. And filled the craft bag nicely again so I don't have to fill my bags with provisioning items till the time comes I subscribe again.
    Edited by Orticia on November 24, 2017 6:30PM
  • BuffyLynn
    BuffyLynn
    Yes!
    Gotta have that craft bag. Also the monthly crowns are nice too if I want to get crown crates occasionally or anything new from the crown store.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Only for the crafting bag. The DLCs are boring. If the DLCs were the main game this company would be bankrupt. They latest DLC we are being charged 20 dollars for 1/5th of one zone. I know this game makes enough money to provide more effort than that.

Orsinium was probably the best, but that was miles away from the fun of the original.

Clockwork City has no dolmens, only 2 delves, no public dungeons, only two world bosses. Nah... I get more out of an original zone that is free. If it wasn't for the craft bag, I guarantee 90% of us would not be ESO plus.

Ahhh, I forgot to mention double bank space. So I do feel they bend us over a barrel. I don't want to sub to a game that comes out with pathetic DLC that is clearly lacking any thought, effort or care. But, yeah, need that bank space and crafting bag. Just stop with the DL. ZOS ruins their reputation when you put this garbage out then throw a 20 dollar price tag on it.

They are going the path of EQ. What happened to SOE? They sat on their hienies, and a company moved in and destroyed them almost overnight. Keep coming out with garbage, and the first MMO that comes out on console the players will leave in droves.
    Edited by Jpk0012 on November 25, 2017 5:32AM