The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Light attack weaving with a staff as Magblade....

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
.....is driving me crazy. I'm finding it so difficult its unbelievable.

I only seem to be able heavy attack - skill, NOT LA - skill. It seems almost like I can't get the LA to fire or can't interupt it with th skill. :(
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean weaving light attacks with Strife(or any of it's morphs)?

If that's the case it's because a long time ago, like 1 year ago or more ZOS released a patch that changed the way the animations for skills work, I don't remember the exact details but it was something related to the animations and when you were able to cancel them.

Ever since then light attack weaving strife has been clunky, which is really notorious when you compare it to weaving force pulse for example, and the higher your ping the worse it gets.

EDIT: Also I have heard some people say that weaving inferno staff LA is more clunkier than weaving lightning staff LA since a few patches ago.
    Edited by Alaztor91 on November 18, 2017 4:59AM
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Almost impossible in Cyrodiil for me. Incredibly annoying.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Channeled staff attacks are better for weaving strife untok you get it down
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I've been weaving light attack in my burst (pve overland) at the start and cancel with crippling grasp and it's been working well, you can follow it up with anything you want because of the snare idk about pvp but when I can get in there I'll try it out
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another note, always weave on resto bar and weave before bar swaps
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »

If that's the case it's because a long time ago, like 1 year ago or more ZOS released a patch that changed the way the animations for skills work, I don't remember the exact details but it was something related to the animations and when you were able to cancel them.

Ever since then light attack weaving strife has been clunky, which is really notorious when you compare it to weaving force pulse for example, and the higher your ping the worse it gets.

EDIT: Also I have heard some people say that weaving inferno staff LA is more clunkier than weaving lightning staff LA since a few patches ago.

THIS - EXACTLY, THIS! I think it's swallow soul or funnel health - it's absolutely horrible (the mouse nearly got launched through window. lol).Is it worth dropping and using a Destro skill instead? The reason is because Funnel/Swallow is only really there for some health recovery, but I have loads health tricks on the back bar?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • JayDoc
    JayDoc
    ✭✭
    I started using shock/shock as I've had better luck with the weave timing. Also swapped swallow soul for pulse and use HA to help sustain before reapplying dots, weaving crushing shock in between (destro skill on the back bar also gives AOE boost to shock blockade).
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Alaztor91 wrote: »

THIS - EXACTLY, THIS! I think it's swallow soul or funnel health - it's absolutely horrible (the mouse nearly got launched through window. lol).Is it worth dropping and using a Destro skill instead? The reason is because Funnel/Swallow is only really there for some health recovery, but I have loads health tricks on the back bar?

Yeah this is the most frustrating thing I have even encountered. What happens to me all the time is I a no cast. I have left click LA and wheel scroll down ands my keys so it's really easy to weave. However with flame staff weave what happens like 70% of the time is I get the animation of the LA but no sctually attack. It's almost like I have to "one mississippi" before I cast funnel. This is infuriating because the LA weave is pivotal for magblades. Fix this *** asap ZOS because you make a weave dependent class that has a bugged weave
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    .....is driving me crazy. I'm finding it so difficult its unbelievable.

I only seem to be able heavy attack - skill, NOT LA - skill. It seems almost like I can't get the LA to fire or can't interupt it with th skill. :(

Its different to other staff weaving. Crushing shock is quicker. In your head just count one after every weave. 1 tap 1 tap 1 tap. Youll get used to it. Once you get used to keeping up buffs and weaving youll enjoy the class alot.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Another note, always weave on resto bar and weave before bar swaps

I have always been a big supporter of destro resto play style and this problem has made me trying other styles where I resto weave and gap close dw for fear and burst. But... I hate that play style. I have been Julianos/necro/skoria forever where I kite and cc with dots never getting close or in one spot for long... the dw up close just feels like I might and as well play stamblade
    Edited by Datthaw on November 20, 2017 4:54PM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok for light attacks.. with swallow soul you have to basically wait a nanosecond longer before you do skill.. otherwise light attack will not go off and wont count towards your MR proc.

Worst thing you can do is medium or heavy attack with magblade.. there is some sort of bug.. where if the enemy is all over the place then your get stuck in a medium heavy attack animation....

you gotta get used to it.....
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    ok for light attacks.. with swallow soul you have to basically wait a nanosecond longer before you do skill.. otherwise light attack will not go off and wont count towards your MR proc.

Worst thing you can do is medium or heavy attack with magblade.. there is some sort of bug.. where if the enemy is all over the place then your get stuck in a medium heavy attack animation....

you gotta get used to it.....

That's funny I've noticed sometimes getting stuck in a heavy attack, I always thought it was my crap Internet laggin. As if we need another bug for magblade
    Edited by Datthaw on November 20, 2017 5:18PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly annoying weaving. Meanwhile resto light attacks are almost perfect even with Strife.
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Ashamray on November 21, 2017 9:49AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the hardest weave in the game. Which is really annoying because you need to be able to light weave effectively on a nightblade for siphoning strikes and merciless resolve.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

While we are all up in arms about image being bugged still I figured I would bring this back to the top. #failweave #weavedependent #nightbladelife
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Bump

While we are all up in arms about image being bugged still I figured I would bring this back to the top. #failweave #weavedependent #nightbladelife

Read the advice already posted in here
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah Strife... how you're the pain in every MagBlades butt.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After years using strife, I changed to force shock some weeks ago and my weaving is waaaaaaaay better. Yesterady I tried swallow sould again and in 5 mins I went back to shock.

Just make sure to keep siph attacks up
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Bump

Read the advice already posted in here

I have kinda gotten the wait half a second thing down but it's just that I shouldn't have to. We're the most heavily dependent on light attack weave and the light attack animation cancel is soooo busted
    Edited by Datthaw on December 4, 2017 5:53PM