The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is no such thing as a 3 roles character???

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I was blamed for signing up as 3 roles in Banish Cell, (although the problem imo, is the people keep dying from last boss meteor and not curing after being lifted up). They claim that there is no such thing as a 3 roles build.

I've been doing 3 roles for awhile before I took a break from this game, before One Tamriel. Although I don't do trial, but I did totally fine with all roles, even in vICP and vWGT, which considered the hardest pledge at that time. I only swap gear and skills, change mundus and foods. No attribute or skills reset everytime I swap role.

But its been over a year, many things have changed, and I just came back so my gear are just mix and match from what I had before, and a few cheap pieces I just bought. However, I don't think, in this Banish Cell run, the problem is mine.

This is my stats (no attribute or skills reset). Tell me is this not enough for small group dungeon?

Tank spec:
Bar 1: 70fd552dc99a1a4be13f2e69492af9f3.png
Bar 2: 8f1bab27271d70affa179e5f3c077df1.png

DPS:
Bar 1: 5996e2c53e7cb269d8dfdcda8bd59ae7.png
Bar 2: 79e03a6ddc77ce302d27927d173d8c62.png

Heal is kind of like dps, but less spell damage and crit and more magika regen. I also have an AoE tank spec with less health but more regen and more damage.
Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 14, 2017 10:12AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because it doesn't fall within the norm. So people are hesitant to trust/believe it.

If you're able to clear the content then it's not an issue. It's not like veteran dungeons need massive DPS numbers (which is the only area you would really be less efficient).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seeing that you use addon to swap gear, it really just take one sec out of combat to respec to a different role.

it's not difficult to respec between dps and tank on my stam character, so i assume it shouldnt be hard to respec between 3 roles on a mag character. heck you can even prepare a few more intermediate builds, like a healing tank to run with 3 dps, or a half dps half healer.

anyway i'd say it's better for you to queue for tank+healer instead of all 3. ppl would be slightly less skeptical and those two are the roles you would get anyway.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything outside of Vet DLC dungeons you pretty much have free reign to run whatever you want, as long as you can perform your role.

My mate has tanked vet White Gold Tower on a DPS Mag Sorc, by slotting Inner Fire, and then spamming shields. It wasn't a perfectly smooth run because pugging never is, but we completed it along with hard mode.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that nightblade healers are not as effective as sorcs or templars due to lack of burst heal. But if you are tanking with mins 30k hp or dpsing at least 20k. Then there is no problem.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I find that nightblade healers are not as effective as sorcs or templars due to lack of burst heal. But if you are tanking with mins 30k hp or dpsing at least 20k. Then there is no problem.
    You don't even need a burst heal on a properly built NB healer... 4k+ hot crits from funnel health, in addition to other hots are more than good enough. As always it is a lack of knowledge that causes people to make judgements such as this. People build their NB healers like a templar healer, which is the road to failure. On a NB, you need to build for high spell damage and crit rating. That will make your hots crit for mad numbers. And if you absolutely need a life saver: soul siphon or healing ward.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can do the job of a tank: taunting, holding boss aggro, staying alive, holding the boss more or less still, buffing the group, debuffing the boss, and providing crowd control...

If you can do the job of a healer: healing everyone, buffing the group, and helping with sustain...

If you can do the job of a DPS: dealing damage on the boss, adds, and mobs, while respecting the boss mechanics and not standing in stupid...

...all on the same character, go for it.

(But I'll be honest, until I see differently from your gameplay, I'm going to assume that you're a DPS who queued as all three for a shorter queue time. Its not a slight on you, just a recognition that there are a lot of DPS who do that and can't fulfill the jobs they queued up for.)
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can do the job of a tank: taunting, holding boss aggro, staying alive, holding the boss more or less still, buffing the group, debuffing the boss, and providing crowd control...

If you can do the job of a healer: healing everyone, buffing the group, and helping with sustain...

If you can do the job of a DPS: dealing damage on the boss, adds, and mobs, while respecting the boss mechanics and not standing in stupid...

...all on the same character, go for it.

(But I'll be honest, until I see differently from your gameplay, I'm going to assume that you're a DPS who queued as all three for a shorter queue time. Its not a slight on you, just a recognition that there are a lot of DPS who do that and can't fulfill the jobs they queued up for.)

I CAN do my role just fine in 4 man dungeons, even in the harder DLC contents (I dont do trial, have problem listening so I can't use voice chat). The number of Molag Kena helm I've thrown away can say that. And I only do pug, no raid guild. The problem is, when the group failed, because someone don't understand mechanic, don't block the heavy attack, or healer health/regen too low they keep dying by unavoidable damage... and people are too blind to understand the fight, they will open the group tab, see that you have 3 roles, and immediately think "oh, must be this guy fault, he queue as 3 roles" and blame you for it.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 17, 2017 1:19AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much. Which is why I said what I said. If you can do all three, that's awesome! But the fact that most people can't is why you get unfairly blamed.

Which is kind of silly, because its usually pretty easy to tell whether there's a weak link or this is a whole party failure in my experience. As a tank, I can tell if the heals are lacking or if the DPS aren't pulling their weight. As a healer, you'd better believe I know who's too squishy or who stands in stupid when they shouldn't. Its also pretty apparent when its not a matter of someone being the weak link but just that this party isn't going to make it.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s called a master of none.