The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WTF.. this is just so disheartening!

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes.. this is another rant thread on the f-ed loading screen and another beating the horse on it. Well, this forum is available for such rant posting, and we'll keep beating the horse until this crapshoot of a gaming experience is improved or fixed.

So.. the longer playtime, the more this "usually" long loading screen occurs and crashes. Yesterday, about 5 hours of gameplay, I lost count. I think it was around 12-14 times of this long arse loading screen and 12-14 times of having to close app and reload; 3 of which occurred during Cradle of Shadows. Then, you also get the blue screen crashes.. 2 of those as well. WTF?! Usually, the weekend are my longer playtime and catch up, but I just gave up yesterday (again like the other couple times during the weekdays.) I'm sure today will be the same crapshoot. Zen/Bethesda/developers, you all suck right now, and no patch or fix foreseeing for this coming week, apparently. So we are awaiting more of this crap today and all next week.. perhaps the following week or weeks as well?

Oh, and watch out if you get lazy sometimes, like me, and want to recall to wayshrine without going to a wayshrine. Well, when you get that long arse loading screen, then have to close app and reload and am back on, it's already showing you had recalled, even though, you didn't transport anywhere. It will cost the successive recall cost of 700 or 800 gold or so for another recall. WTF.. oh man. Ha ha ha

I give Bethesda and its developers big kudos, though, on such as ambitious and expansive game. I, not being an IT or game coding/developing guy, is at awe at what can be accomplished with video games nowadays, in general. ESO is one hell of a video game. However, damn, all the craps going on following every single installation/release of a new DLC or contents to ESO; which we have to endure and play through crap until the issue (or issues) has been addressed or fixed. WTF, man?!

Edited by GreenhaloX on November 12, 2017 3:16PM
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish a real gaming company would take oveer eso
    Options
  • Il3rotherhood
    Il3rotherhood
    ✭✭✭
    The "funny" thing is we might have to wait until next patch for a fix, because it seems it's the rate they are trying to fix the game: 3 months at a time.
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You express exactly what I came to post. I love the game, wanted to play but I simply can't anymore.

Disconnects, infinite loading screens, lag and today even small rollbacks. It's just not playable and I had to go play something else.

PC NA.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done anything but mount training, writs, and hirelings for 4 days more. Yuck.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to hire more employees it's as simple is that. When game-breaking issues like this are being looked at for over 24 hours without a fix, lack of people-power is almost guaranteed to be part of it. With how much money this game rakes in from crates and subs, it's actually a joke that people say "Well it's a small studio they can't be expected to fix everything right away". This game is a giant cash cow there is no excuse for ZoS to still be a "small company". Get more people, get better structure, get more testers, improve your QA process. The profit margins in this game have to be out of this world. Would love to see that information. I bet we would all be disgusted.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    I wish a real gaming company would take oveer eso

i have seen that happen before and it really does make things "Worse" for the community.
    what is always better is for just new management persons, or even new people hired or promoted, or new way of doing things within the company instead of completely selling the company.
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can deal with the load screen for now. I really wish they fix whatever is causing so many dc's. Maybe it's related and both can be fixed, pls?
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    They need to hire more employees it's as simple is that. When game-breaking issues like this are being looked at for over 24 hours without a fix, lack of people-power is almost guaranteed to be part of it. With how much money this game rakes in from crates and subs, it's actually a joke that people say "Well it's a small studio they can't be expected to fix everything right away". This game is a giant cash cow there is no excuse for ZoS to still be a "small company". Get more people, get better structure, get more testers, improve your QA process. The profit margins in this game have to be out of this world. Would love to see that information. I bet we would all be disgusted.

Hiring more people wont solve the problem. It will only make the prices go up even more. What they need to do is get away from the stock-exchange (screw the shareholders imo!), fire the CEO (or lower his salary by 75%) and get the game back to where it belongs: of the players, for the players! Games these days are only made for one goal: to make as much money as possible before the crowd moves on. Wich is going on since investors discovered the gaming-industry...(Btw, there is a nice reference in Fallout 4 to ESO: a family called the Summersets)
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »

Hiring more people wont solve the problem. It will only make the prices go up even more. What they need to do is get away from the stock-exchange (screw the shareholders imo!), fire the CEO (or lower his salary by 75%) and get the game back to where it belongs: of the players, for the players! Games these days are only made for one goal: to make as much money as possible before the crowd moves on. Wich is going on since investors discovered the gaming-industry...(Btw, there is a nice reference in Fallout 4 to ESO: a family called the Summersets)

Hiring more people will certainly help. Why else have there been so many bugs that have been going on for a year plus? (Mounts traveling over non-flat terrain and the activity finder to name 2) Probably because they do not have the man-power to spend time fixing them. Unless you are suggesting that they have the man-power and are just choosing not to fix them? I do not understand why you think that having more people working on these issues will not help. There are clearly plenty to go around.
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had know this game was going to end up ending like this I wouldn't of put so much time into playing it. I can't believe there is no answer yet why the load screen's are happening or a fix. I know it's the weekend and everyone is off work right now. but with this being such a huge issue I would of thought the people at zos would of wanted to work overtime to solve this issue. since its such a major one it's crazy to think no one at zos cared enough to. perhaps you guys have faith your customers will stick around during this *** show. but that's just not going to happen. sure there will be people who will play no matter what but you guys are also loosing a lot of player's do to this issue. if zenimax doesn't care anymore about this game maybe think about giving it to another company that will care. so the players don't have to suffer your laziness.
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 12, 2017 6:43PM
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hiring more people will certainly help. Why else have there been so many bugs that have been going on for a year plus? (Mounts traveling over non-flat terrain and the activity finder to name 2) Probably because they do not have the man-power to spend time fixing them. Unless you are suggesting that they have the man-power and are just choosing not to fix them? I do not understand why you think that having more people working on these issues will not help. There are clearly plenty to go around.

"I do not understand why you think that having more people working on these issues will not help."

"Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    another beating the horse on it
    Here you go ... dead_horse.gif

Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

"I do not understand why you think that having more people working on these issues will not help."

"Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

This isn't creation of software. The software has existed. For almost 4 years. And its still constantly buggy and broken. The current system is not working. They need more employees for a game of this size.

My point was literally certain bugs have existed for years and have received no attention. This would be solved by more man power. There are plenty of bugs to go around just go look at all the bug post threads. Your sassy Wikipedia link does not apply here.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 12, 2017 7:23PM
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, 6 times today just for myself just within a few hours of playtime and not counting the other group members during the dungeon/pledge runs; but, who's counting. I needed a break again from that. It's really more than just this debacle. It's after or following every new DLC and anniversary contents. It's just so messed up. Why have they not learned or improved upon, or have they been actually trying? Is it because things are so complex, because the game is so expansive to include new contents every few months? I'm not complaining much about the contents. The game and all its contents are quite enjoyable when working right. Between the months until the new DLC, it seems like it's working fine half of the time and jacked up the other half.
    SirAndy wrote: »
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    another beating the horse on it
    Here you go ... dead_horse.gif

Ha ha ha.. aside from the saddle, it looks a dog, rather than a horse.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on November 13, 2017 12:01AM
    Options