Porting to a Friend Now Counts as a Cash Port to Wayshrine?

Storymaster
Storymaster
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed in recent days that porting to a friend (which I do frequently) now counts as a cash-wayshrine port in so far as the increase in wayshrine port gold cost is concerned, which I also have a tendency of taking advantage of when the cost cooldown is reset at 146 gold. Whereas the cost only increased if you actually paid gold to do a wayshrine port, now the cost increases when you port to a friend, even if you haven't paid gold to do a wayshrine port.

I'm just a bit baffled as to why this was suddenly stealth implemented after almost 4 years of wayshrine port costs and social port costs being completely separate and unrelated.
Character Profiles:
Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has ALWAYS been a thing. Like for as long as I can remember, and I have been around since Beta.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure that any port not from a wayshrine didn't cost money? I believe that's how it always has been.

If not, they just make things even. Porting from map to shrine costs gold, why shouldn't this come with a price?
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always been.
    Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is bizarre--I must have just never noticed it, as I frequently do both!

Thanks for the responses!
    Character Profiles:
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats working this way for atleast a year now.

Solution is to port to another friend (its free), and then use the wayshrine where you landed to port where ever you want to go....and tadaaa its free :D
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused that people are saying this has always been. Why would you ever Social port if so? That's always been the way to skip the big cost if you just hard ported.

I.e. Travel to a group mate to leave a dungeon or social guild member?

If this now stacks with the wayshrine cost alot of people will be suprised
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm confused that people are saying this has always been. Why would you ever Social port if so? That's always been the way to skip the big cost if you just hard ported.

Sir you are misunderstanding. We are not saying that social porting costs gold, we are saying that after you do social port and then try to port using only your map you will see that the cost of such a thing will be really high, just as if you would have ported with the map already. And this have always been the case.
    Options
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has ALWAYS been a thing. Like for as long as I can remember, and I have been around since Beta.

Yeah pretty much this :smiley:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sir you are misunderstanding. We are not saying that social porting costs gold, we are saying that after you do social port and then try to port using only your map you will see that the cost of such a thing will be really high, just as if you would have ported with the map already. And this have always been the case.

AH HA! thank you sir! Appreciated, that makes sense!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly this. You can port to friends or guildmates repeatedly as many times as you want, as quickly as you want, and all of those ports are free. But using a port to a friend or guildmate has always started the random spot to wayshrine cost countdown timer ticking.

Same thing for the free port to one of your homes I believe - that also starts the timer.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Exactly this. You can port to friends or guildmates repeatedly as many times as you want, as quickly as you want, and all of those ports are free. But using a port to a friend or guildmate has always started the random spot to wayshrine cost countdown timer ticking.

Same thing for the free port to one of your homes I believe - that also starts the timer.

Yea, free porting to house does the same thing. And correct me if I am wrong here but I do believe that using a wayshrine to teleport resets the costs down to 148gold.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always been like that
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely, when porting to a friend, you tend do something with that friend or in that area so you play through the cool down. Or, if your going to immediately use the Wayshrine to port to another Wayshrine, then you would not see the cost increase either. That could be why some folks did not notice the increase in price.

BTW, porting to your house has the same conditions.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate all the feedback!

tenor.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Yea, free porting to house does the same thing. And correct me if I am wrong here but I do believe that using a wayshrine to teleport resets the costs down to 148gold.

The amount will depend on your level I believe.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp I NEVER pay to port to a wayshrine, I rather walk, so no trouble for me
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use my trade guild to travel, so I never pay.

I've invited many poor souls to group on accident. (I think the option is right by it)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many houses I sometimes just tocthem as well such as the inn rooms in cities and the penthouse in vivec city which I always use when doin dailies to come back to city quicker
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed in recent days that porting to a friend (which I do frequently) now counts as a cash-wayshrine port in so far as the increase in wayshrine port gold cost is concerned, which I also have a tendency of taking advantage of when the cost cooldown is reset at 146 gold. Whereas the cost only increased if you actually paid gold to do a wayshrine port, now the cost increases when you port to a friend, even if you haven't paid gold to do a wayshrine port.

I'm just a bit baffled as to why this was suddenly stealth implemented after almost 4 years of wayshrine port costs and social port costs being completely separate and unrelated.

Yeah I'm kind of wondering that that too.. You could always port to your friends for free.. It was the wayshrine ports that cost money. I've had a few friends say they noticed the increase cost, but didn't realize it was associated with porting to and then from a House.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on November 11, 2017 4:55PM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fast Travel addon for PC
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fast travel is for nubs - better to ride your guar and enjoy the scenery