The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remember when PvP looked like this ?

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unplayable, and utterly stupid to record a pvp with grass on.
    Unbearable lag, as well as those screams...
    Today Cyrodiil looks much better.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Those were the good old days when people actually had to fight with their weapons and use class/weapon abilities. Felt like an actual "fight". I saw it going down hill once vicious death and destro ult were introduced.

Proc sets are one of the reasons I stopped playing this game and took a 6 month break. I should not die from rng, that is just, blech.
    Options
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time when skill matters and not the sets.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
    Options
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oooh looks like Azura's star before cp
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When PvP looked like Angry Joe
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was before the bomber plague.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone complains about the size of zergs today. :lol:

You could actually take them back then, even solo.
    Only because:

....did nobody know how to use abilities back then? I see like 2 abilities going off, the rest are just LA / HA spamming.
    Even accounting for adjusted skills and proc sets:
    The average skill level has massively increased in PvP...

BtW, I can understand the nostalgia for past gameplay. It's why I stayed so long in the non vet campaign.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, PVP will always be whacked out. One cheese set gets fixed and three more pop up. Look how many people where cheesing the befoul CP bug.

Unfortunately, toxic players will always exist.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    You can see more players in that one battle of old ESO PvP than all of the players allowed in a campaign for today’s PvP combined. Also enormously better performance and no hidden effects.

Great job ZOS.

Like yeah since then we have had all of this cool new content and bug fixes but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GAME PERFORMANCE???

Yes this!
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    It's funny because the guy in that video made another video about a week later talking *** about the game because it basically wasn't "Skyrim 2". I remember him deterring a lot of players for trying out the game, albeit the non-reflective flock peasents who cannot think or formulate an opinion for themselves. Yet that would still have been more people paying and playing the game, which means we might not have gone away from pay to play, which means the game would have been better off in terms of maintenance and regular updates.

This doesn't really touch on the subject of the post, but it's just funny that the video you chose actually comes from a guy who *** all over the game under a false/ignorant premise.

Well his name is angry joe? Not say, intelligent joe or unbiased joe.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Ah yes. The same Angry Jerkass video that is posted every few months because people are so enamoured with the past and nostalgia they forget that the game was a buggy mess and horribly unbalanced back then.

No, people are nostalgic for the time when we could have huge AvA battles without dropping to single-digit fps. Having hundreds of players on your screen and still having your skills work, sound too! And doors. The doors opened, every time!

unimaginable now, isn't it? :/
    Back then lots of the calculations was done on client, rampart cheating had they move this to servers and an increased server load was generated.
    On the other hand had plenty of PvP issues back then, now day its smooth, always in zergs and no issues outside of long loading screens, back during the double ap event I was always in zergs on pop locked campaigns with queues, no issues outside of even longer loading screens on teleport.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Lylith wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Ah yes. The same Angry Jerkass video that is posted every few months because people are so enamoured with the past and nostalgia they forget that the game was a buggy mess and horribly unbalanced back then.

No, people are nostalgic for the time when we could have huge AvA battles without dropping to single-digit fps. Having hundreds of players on your screen and still having your skills work, sound too! And doors. The doors opened, every time!

unimaginable now, isn't it? :/
    Back then lots of the calculations was done on client, rampart cheating had they move this to servers and an increased server load was generated.
    On the other hand had plenty of PvP issues back then, now day its smooth, always in zergs and no issues outside of long loading screens, back during the double ap event I was always in zergs on pop locked campaigns with queues, no issues outside of even longer loading screens on teleport.

it was precisely because a lot was client side that ZOS said they had to change things... bots were their main reason at the time for saying why they made the changes... and just look at how many bots there are again today (all over the place)

so was it really worth it?

of course, had they remained with being client based then the amount of cheating/exploits/3rd party software that would happen would be out of control

but whether or not you are nostalgic or are a fan of Angry Joe, it was indeed much more fun to have these immense battles back in 2013/14 and it was hilarious to do this drunk :)
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the last time the entire Cyrodiil server crashed? I can't remember that happening in years.

This video is proof of better performance? Did you even watch the video? Specifically 12:45.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember but the past is past the future is now
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options
  • Stiffmeisterr
    and then....just like that....all the deer in Cyrodiil died.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is a shame ZOS doesn't make any effort to bring more people into PvP. It really is a shame
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isnt that angry joes video, after they tried moving off. Over half of them lagged out?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    It really is a shame ZOS doesn't make any effort to bring more people into PvP. It really is a shame

They only had a gigantic two week double AP event that brought so many PVPers/PVEers to Cyrodiil that they had to open several new campaigns and Vivec was lagging like it was primetime by mid-morning. Shor was as hopping as Vivec normally is all day.

They've held firm on the PVE incentives to come into PVP, such as achievements, skyshards, caltrops, vigor, purge, and warhorn.

They've even held firm on requiring players trying to get to the Imperial City to ride through Cyrodiil!

About the only thing they could do more would be to remove Battlegrounds from Morrowind's pay gate and make No CP and CP versions of Battlegrounds.

Oh, and fixing the load screens might help.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

They only had a gigantic two week double AP event that brought so many PVPers/PVEers to Cyrodiil that they had to open several new campaigns and Vivec was lagging like it was primetime by mid-morning. Shor was as hopping as Vivec normally is all day.

They've held firm on the PVE incentives to come into PVP, such as achievements, skyshards, caltrops, vigor, purge, and warhorn.

They've even held firm on requiring players trying to get to the Imperial City to ride through Cyrodiil!

About the only thing they could do more would be to remove Battlegrounds from Morrowind's pay gate and make No CP and CP versions of Battlegrounds.

Oh, and fixing the load screens might help.

Because advertising.... must not exist right?

This game needs to be advertised more as a PvP game to attract players. The game needs a lot more players overall.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about potential players for the game. I think ZOS has done a reasonble job of providing incentives for people who play the game to do some PVP - after all, that's how I started to PVP. I came to Cyrodiil for the fish, then for the skyshards, then to try this siege thing, and now I PVP regularly.

But I don't know how well PVP is marketed for potential players who haven't yet joined the game. If they do make it a part of the marketing, they are going to have to fix the load screens.
    Options
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Wish we could turn back time

/removed image/

That was terrible. Noisy, awkward shouting, and...crashed.
    I do not miss that.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Back then?

It's always been unbalanced and a buggy mess, it never got fixed...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »

Back then?

It's always been unbalanced and a buggy mess, it never got fixed...

Its not buggy, load screens work as intended
    Jokes, this is garbage needed to be fixed 6 days ago.
    Options