Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need advice on what trait to retrait my Netch lightning staff to

Mephisto939
Mephisto939
✭✭✭✭
Should I go nirn, sharp or charged? I am running Netch and Elegance. This is for PVE.
Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Training
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Training

Lose your way?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama

• Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Training

nothanks.jpg
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Training

Lose your way?

The lesson (training4064dd653230573.gif) of the day
    is that the best trait to use depends on the player using it
    and what he or she wishes to accomplish

Not that my presence here was necessary
    just wandering
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused or Nirn. I prefer infused. Either will outperform all other traits.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Infused cuz the boosted enchant gives more DPS. Nirn is good for backbars.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused on all staves except frost. Frost staves get defending...Because I use them for tanking.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I go nirn, sharp or charged? I am running Netch and Elegance. This is for PVE.

Have u tested other sets. ? ,I am,to,lazy as,of,yesterday to,use test,dummy. But I am going to go,ahead and test.

Tbs worked really well with elegant.
    I have netch and Neco right now.
    Thinking even Julia,os and Nero.

Tbs was nice becase it,has more wd than Julio and 4k magika.

Anyways let mw know thanks. And ill post when I actually test .
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    infused front back
    Nirn back bar

Don't ask me why I just follow the meta.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

Have u tested other sets. ? ,I am,to,lazy as,of,yesterday to,use test,dummy. But I am going to go,ahead and test.

Tbs worked really well with elegant.
    I have netch and Neco right now.
    Thinking even Julia,os and Nero.

Tbs was nice becase it,has more wd than Julio and 4k magika.

Anyways let mw know thanks. And ill post when I actually test .

Was thinking about trying necro/netch to compare, but I am pretty happy with the current set up. The only downside is i had to swap out my 2pc illambris for 1pc Kena. Can't wait to put a better trait on the staff.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    infused front back
    Nirn back bar

Don't ask me why I just follow the meta.

What if your front bar is my back bar? and visa versa...
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netch is suppose to be the best for,lighting . which is what I am running.

Still not sure about second set. Seems,like stuff just,melted when I ran elegant.
    Just got necro.
    I guess I,also need to test if netchs really buffs heavy attack.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be annoyed if you change it and then have to change it again?

Maybe wait to see what happens to concussion. Zos insightfully shared that they are looking at adding a cool down to the lightning status effect, and this could be a huge nerf to using charged and maybe to lightning staves as a whole.

A sorc running netch is probably (hopefully) doing all shock damage, and in any group content (especially pug dungeons) the charged trait enables higher group dps than any other trait. You are often reapplying concussion/off-balance quicker than it is consumed by heavy attacks.

In solo play Charged + the exploiter cp passive = a good uptime on concusion on all mobs which is very nearly as good as inirnhoned or infused weapon damage glyphs. But all this may change in the near future. It is worth mentioning that you can currently over-apply concussion so charged can be overkill, especially if you are playing solo and not doing many heavy attacks.

Fortunately charged netch's lightning staves are a named drop ('grobul's charge') so I'd say don't make a staff you could easily farm. Infused front bar for the win.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retrait it to julianos ;). Or run Juli or Mothers Sorrow along with Netch, allowing you to in 5-1-1 since sustain is fine on a heavy attack build. Elegance is pretty lackluster IMO. It used to be good for overload builds, but those were kinda killed off.

To answer your question though, go with infused on weapons.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Will you be annoyed if you change it and then have to change it again?

Maybe wait to see what happens to concussion. Zos insightfully shared that they are looking at adding a cool down to the lightning status effect, and this could be a huge nerf to using charged and maybe to lightning staves as a whole.

A sorc running netch is probably (hopefully) doing all shock damage, and in any group content (especially pug dungeons) the charged trait enables higher group dps than any other trait. You are often reapplying concussion/off-balance quicker than it is consumed by heavy attacks.

In solo play Charged + the exploiter cp passive = a good uptime on concusion on all mobs which is very nearly as good as inirnhoned or infused weapon damage glyphs. But all this may change in the near future. It is worth mentioning that you can currently over-apply concussion so charged can be overkill, especially if you are playing solo and not doing many heavy attacks.

Fortunately charged netch's lightning staves are a named drop ('grobul's charge') so I'd say don't make a staff you could easily farm. Infused front bar for the win.

Thanks! I hadn't heard about the possible nerf. I have run darkshade so many times, but never got the named drop, but did get 2 staffs with crappy traits. Based on what you wrote, charged is off the table.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Retrait it to julianos ;). Or run Juli or Mothers Sorrow along with Netch, allowing you to in 5-1-1 since sustain is fine on a heavy attack build. Elegance is pretty lackluster IMO. It used to be good for overload builds, but those were kinda killed off.

To answer your question though, go with infused on weapons.

I already have gold elegance jewelry, otherwise I'd consider it. i run Mother's Sorrow on my NB with willpower and illambris. Wondering if i would be better off ditching the willpower/illambris and running julianos on that.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decisive :trollface:
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are the only person in a group running Charged it is actually strong but it doesn't stack, I prefer it on a healer.

For single target infused is better. For AoE Nirnhoned is better. So it depends on the skill you have on that bar.

A common set up is Infused on the front bar with the direct damage spammable and Nirnhoned on the bar bar with your AoE Dots.

Sharpened is best for solo or unoriganised groups, it adds the most damage but you can over penetrate and get no advantage out of it.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 11, 2017 3:28AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharp, precise, nirn or infused, they are all within 3% of each other, so you can't really go wrong with any of those, the real secret is to practice your rotation and get good at the game, if you are nither of those things, you will have crap dps no matter what.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    i ran some tests and you guys were right. Infused is best. I was doing about 3-4% more damage with infused over nirn. The real shocker came when I retraited my staff and put out almost 25% more DPS.