The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Endless loading screens, why they happen and how to prevent/fix them manually

Hexys
Hexys
✭✭✭✭✭
In our raid Zerg Squad we found out that the main reason for endless loading screens is group members being invisible to other group members.

This means that if 12 players are in your group, from which player 3 sees player 5 in the ground (invisible), upon porting to another keep, player 5 arrives before player 3 and due to this player 3 won't be able to load the game because it is waiting for player 5 to load up, which won't happen.

When does this happen frequently?
(1.) When porting to other keeps
(2.) Spawning at forward camps
(3.) Upon repairing keeps, making it so the game will put you in a loading screen.

So a few ways to help this problem:

Prevent
(1.) Play solo :trollface:
(2.) Before you port to another keep make sure you are grouped inside your home-base and everyone is visible to each other.
(3.) When inviting new members to your group and someone is invisible, make sure to leave the rendering area (Walk away from your group for a distance) and return.

Fix
(1.) Kick the players with endless loading screen from your group, leave the rendering area and when this is done, you can re-invite him back into your group, because your friend just got out of a loading screen!
(2.) You can crash your game, but only do this through the task-manager > end process, this way 99/100 times you won't be kicked from Cyrodiil.

ZOS has been informed, I hope this helps some of your groups out!
Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Hexys! Those endless loading screens are a real PITA.

If your assumption is right and the endless loading screens are somehow connected to players being invisible, ZOS will probably never be able to fix them as the root cause (players being invisible to others) is a bug that exists for waaaaayyyyyyy too long now.

So as they were obviously not able to find the fix for this roo of all evil during the past couple of months/years I highly doubt we will ever get rid of this... unfortunately.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice attempt, but everyone knows the ZS destro ults are the reason ;)
    Nice show in Roe inner yesterday!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Robs_NB
    Robs_NB
    ✭✭✭
    You must be talking about PC cuz there's no way this works on xbox or ps4
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is talking about the normal cyro long loading screens, not the infinite ones recently introduced by the CwC patch on consoles which is a new feature bug.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 10, 2017 1:01PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting them solo waaaaay more often. That's no longer a reliable fix.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no fix
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

Prevent

I play almost exclusive solo and still have the problem. I PVPd for an hour and got the never ending loading screen 5 times. I took a 6 week break from the game due to frustration. Doesn't seem like ZOS has improved things at all in my time away.

I think ZOS inability to react quickly to GLARING gameplay problems shows a stunning lack of competence and care for its player base.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    I think ZOS inability to react quickly to GLARING gameplay problems shows a stunning lack of competence and care for its player base.

TRUE,
    just read here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/375281/has-zos-abandoned-pvp/p1

here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378374/poll-are-you-enjoying-pvp-so-far-in-clockwork-city-update/p1

here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380245/whats-the-trick-to-not-crashing-when-using-transitus-game-year-3#latest

or here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343600/someone-or-whoever-can-poke-the-one-to-fix-the-infinite-loading-screens-in-cyrodiil/p1

No Insightful Comments from ZOS everywhere. I Think, they are sitting in their Office, patting themselfs shoulders, because they are so gooooood people to give away a Pet for FREE...
    "Yessir, we are truly Playerbase-Saints..:"
    Edited by Mahabahabtha on November 12, 2017 10:00AM
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In our raid Zerg Squad we found out that the main reason for endless loading screens is group members being invisible to other group members.

This means that if 12 players are in your group, from which player 3 sees player 5 in the ground (invisible), upon porting to another keep, player 5 arrives before player 3 and due to this player 3 won't be able to load the game because it is waiting for player 5 to load up, which won't happen.

When does this happen frequently?
    (1.) When porting to other keeps
    (2.) Spawning at forward camps
    (3.) Upon repairing keeps, making it so the game will put you in a loading screen.

So a few ways to help this problem:

Prevent
    (2.) Before you port to another keep make sure you are grouped inside your home-base and everyone is visible to each other.
    (3.) When inviting new members to your group and someone is invisible, make sure to leave the rendering area (Walk away from your group for a distance) and return.

Fix
    (1.) Kick the players with endless loading screen from your group, leave the rendering area and when this is done, you can re-invite him back into your group, because your friend just got out of a loading screen!
    (2.) You can crash your game, but only do this through the task-manager > end process, this way 99/100 times you won't be kicked from Cyrodiil.

Prevent:
    Didn't ever get in group since update, still infinite load screens in solo on ps4(in the middle of the fight when keep changes color? of course, something like 4 times yesterday)
    Fix:
    Look at prevent
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on November 12, 2017 7:08PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most loading screens in Cyrodiil can easily be avoided by following the hints hexiss pointed out. However, sometimes only killing the client helps.

I usually kill the client after 15 seconds and about four times per evening.
    Edited by Berenhir on November 12, 2017 9:02PM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve played solo a lot recently and still got the load screens.
  • marcusthebearhunter
    marcusthebearhunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    ways to solve it
    1. Dont die
    2. start the horsesimulator 2017
    3. get rapid manover
    4. get a nightblade medic in your group
    5. dont die
    6. enjoy pvp and send your enemies in the hell of infinte loding loops :p;):o:#:D
    only way is ebonheart
    we are ebonheart the dragonborn coverd in the blood our enemies
    nord templar marcus the bearhunter
    breton healer marcus the healer
    nord warden marcus the bearkeeper
    imperial nightblade marcus the shadow walker
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely, this actually makes a lot of sense ...
    unsure.gif
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I usually only run a group with one other person in pvp. Had a stuck load screen, asked other member to boot me from group and for him to leave the area, 2 seconds later I was back in Cyro. This actually worked, thank you for the suggestion. :)
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Happens alot for people not running in any group at all but glad you gangmembers have some sort of fix at least.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say I have seen this work in groups but I get infinite load screens even when I am playing solo.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star