Telvanni Wizard Costume

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The costume is class but the dye capability is AWEFUL. One half can be seen from space even with the mildest of dyes and the other half wont dye and just stays bright grey!
This surely cant be intentional for a 2k costume??
@ZOS_GinaBruno can you please note the comments below and pass this on to the costume designers. This isn't the first costume to cause disappointment because it takes dyes really poorly. It's such an obvious function that it's hard to see how this could be an oversight.
Edited by Zypheran on November 10, 2017 7:17AM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    Yep they never look like what is advertised.

2aenl77.jpg

I so no grey on the bottom half of it in the advertisement but yet the in game costume shows it as grey. Even the pattern is different. Waste of money.

1zc2yxh.jpg
    Options
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have bought it if it looked like the advertisement.

But it looks tragic in-game.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I was going to get it probably won't now.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Looks like theres another costume Im gonna skip. :|
    Why even pay for ability to dye costumes if they dont dye properly?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it dyes poorly like the others, I’m out.

2K is a lot too.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preview it on female char and prepare for Lol.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should have been a motif
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like on Fyr? Curious to know if he has a slightly different version, never mind that it's supposed to be his costume.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On male argonians with demonic mask it looks pretty epic tbh, especially since it has polished material and dyeing apply "pure" color.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dye Is great perfect shade of white I use lamae white noxiphilic black and nirncrux red in that order
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, you can just equip Telvanni heavy armor and look like this:
    G6XFk2P.jpg
    Options
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Before buying any costume I head over to ESO Fashion to see what the costume looks like in-game and what parts of the costume can be dyed.

Telvanni Master Wizard
    PC NA
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the back plate as bulgy and odd looking on male characters as it is on female characters?
    Options
  • Amour
    Amour
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look that bad imo.

KkVftVb.png
    Options
  • DigitalEulogy
    DigitalEulogy
    ✭✭✭
    That’s too bad. I was saving my monthly crowns for this. Oh well guess another round of crime crates for me.
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the femme model is clunky and proportions are terrible, honestly this is a worse disaster than the Breton Hero Armor.
    Is the back plate as bulgy and odd looking on male characters as it is on female characters?

It's even worse back bulging, with the added absurdity of hyper inflated boobs (like even my small chested characters AKA most of them are like triple D's in this stuff).
    Edited by ParaNostram on November 9, 2017 8:33PM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amour wrote: »
    Doesn't look that bad imo.

KkVftVb.png

show legs, I dare you :trollface:
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k crowns though? Thats $20-ish in Australia though, bit pricey for me
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs more hip flaps.
    Needs more pouches.
    Needs more hip flaps on the pouches.
    signing off
    Options
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a preview feature before you purchase? Why waste crowns if you don't like the preview...
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k crowns for a costume is a *** ripoff. It doesn't even take most dyes properly, and looks very different from the picture.

Just when I thought ZOS was getting better with gestures like the free Brassilisk, then they pull something like this.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is horrible on female character. My girl became twice her size :(

EPIC.png
    TELV2.png

And yes. It dyes horrendously. Colors are bleak and you can't do anything with silver skirt. Well... Guess my Telvanni character will have to do without Telvanni robe :D
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »
    It really is horrible on female character. My girl became twice her size :(

EPIC.png
    TELV2.png

And yes. It dyes horrendously. Colors are bleak and you can't do anything with silver skirt. Well... Guess my Telvanni character will have to do without Telvanni robe :D

I'd pester Support for a refund. 2k crowns wasted.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like someone dropped an anvil on her stomach. I had high hopes for the costume :confounded:
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JiKama wrote: »
    It looks like someone dropped an anvil on her stomach. I had high hopes for the costume :confounded:

Yeah it sucks in the stomach so bad, so bad, and puffs out the chest and back so much!
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed it on my Sorc main. Not too convinced this is worth 2k.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, aside from the skirt pattern not actually matching the promo art, the main problem w/ the costume is the skirt portion just does not take dye colors pretty much at all. All it does is very slightly change hue, but stays super light colored no matter what you do.

I'd have been satisfied even with the poor dye performance if the default skirt actually matched the promo art with the dark grey/black colors - cuz those actually match the black armor.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally like the costume. Its a bit on the expensive side but Im not surprised at all with the price tag. Theyve been marking up anything related to a so called popular character since the Hero Costumes. Im not bothered by the dye issues (though that does seem to be something they need to fix if they want to continue to release costumes...) as I didnt want to change its color anyway.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, you can just equip Telvanni heavy armor and look like this:
    G6XFk2P.jpg

Wow, very pretty. And I didn't know that the new costume looks almost exactly like the house motif anyway.

I feel like less people would buy it if they knew that though.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much money for a costume. Even if it dyed perfectly, I still wouldn't get it, and I usually love to throw money at the crown store for costumes. Way overpriced.
    Options