The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

VAMPIRES AND FIRE DAMAGE PVP

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a build specifically to fight Vampires in open world Cyridil on Vivec campaign.

If you have a great build, plz share.

PS. Argonian, DK, sword/shield and bow, CP 700

There were a lot some patches ago. My StadK was a Vamp hunter but:

1- All DKs skills in ardent flame were flame based, even stam ones
    2- Silver shards used to stun vamps and WW.
    3- Zergs were less common.

After the changes to FG and ardent flame skills, my build died and had to respec as mDK. The other day tried it as stamDK again and I didn't liked it...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes also remove fire siege weapons because vampires.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 class aaaaaaaand anywho slots an inferno staff or flame enchant or uses Sunderflame or force pulse or flame rune.

Remove fire from game cause it hurts my vampire mmkay.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Damien_Uvirith
    yodased wrote: »
    1 class aaaaaaaand anywho slots an inferno staff or flame enchant or uses Sunderflame or force pulse or flame rune.

Remove fire from game cause it hurts my vampire mmkay.

Don't forget oil pots and trebuchets, also. I just can't seem to find my way out of the gigantic bright red circle on the ground. Fire being hot is OP and needs a nerf.
    Options
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the good old Camouflaged Hunter, he he he, then vampires will have something serious to complain . :wink:
    Edited by Pastas on November 9, 2017 7:00PM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice post, I will add this observation to my thread on buffing players' ability to not choose vampire. Thanks!
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two of my toons are vamps and I honestly don’t even notice the fire damage even against other mag DK

You should have 15% in Thick Skin(37 points ) as fire dots are your biggest threat...you should also lean more towards elemental defender then Hardy. I mean the cp system is so noob friendly shoring up weakness I’d say leave Vampire alone

Vampire is really strong now, and the fire damage and skills like Evil Hunter are already nerfed...vamps got it easy now compared to the buffs they get and you can defer to stage one have no weakness and laugh at fire damage. What more do we want?

A few. Points in Thick Skinned you will wonder if the vamp fire weakness even exists at all....
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on November 10, 2017 3:45AM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an issue for balance when one class has such a disproportionate advantage over vampires. I do see an issue there.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread honestly shows how many people don’t actually read threads
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pastas wrote: »
    Bring back the good old Camouflaged Hunter, he he he, then vampires will have something serious to complain . :wink:

Proc-set within a skill xD

Loved the old Camouflaged Hunter
    Options
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    So what do you suggest it's changed to op? Vampire take 15% extra dmg in general maybe?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    It is an issue for balance when one class has such a disproportionate advantage over vampires. I do see an issue there.

There is no issue as every class can potentially build with lots of Fire based abilities/gear sets and have the same advantage over Vampires...

I am a Magicka Templar, and can equip Skoria, Burning Spell Weave, get a Flame Destro Staff, slot Eye of Flame, slot Vampires Bane, and be able to eat through Vamps just like a Magicka Dragon Knight can...

Should I be nerfed too?
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 10, 2017 10:49AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

There is no issue as every class can potentially build with lots of Fire based abilities/gear sets and have the same advantage over Vampires...

I am a Magicka Templar, and can equip Skoria, Burning Spell Weave, get a Flame Destro Staff, slot Eye of Flame, slot Vampires Bane, and be able to eat through Vamps just like a Magicka Dragon Knight can...

Should I be nerfed too?

I remember good ol scorching earth. Great skill for stam to deal with vamps

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • kritonX67
    kritonX67
    Soul Shriven
    Fire * Poison Vulnerabilities should be nerfed considerably to the point that they are just a novelty (5% tops).
    As a downside, Vampires/Werewolves should not have access, to Fighter's Guild tree at all. This would make for a much more balanced downside and it would make sense too. (maybe even mage's guild?)
    Edited by kritonX67 on November 10, 2017 3:02PM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kritonX67 wrote: »
    Fire * Poison Vulnerabilities should be nerfed considerably to the point that they are just a novelty (5% tops).
    As a downside, Vampires/Werewolves should not have access, to Fighter's Guild tree at all. This would make for a much more balanced downside and it would make sense too. (maybe even mage's guild?)

FG tree is crap. The only good thing there is FDB. Even trap is kind of weak.

edit: Having no access to a bad tree to get great pasives seems too good for vamps and WW. 25% dmg is OK where it is. Just use CP stars to mitigate or just dn't go Vamp
    Edited by Xvorg on November 10, 2017 3:33PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats with 90% of people in Cyrodiil having mist form? There some kind of regen exploit with it or something?
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Whats with 90% of people in Cyrodiil having mist form? There some kind of regen exploit with it or something?

For mag DK and magplar, it's the only source of major expedition and damage mitigation that isn't blocking. It's also a magicka based snare removal tool. And Dark Stalker is also very helpful in PvP for non-stam toons especially.

People run mistform in pvp to solve specific problems that are widespread... so mistform is widespread too.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stealth, speed, and an effective purge for CC effects. If your preferred PVP style is "Hit & Run", mist form is a must-have.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stealth, speed, and an effective purge for CC effects. If your preferred PVP style is "Hit & Run", mist form is a must-have.

And as you still recover Stam, is very effective mitigation tool for Stam toons
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    So what do you suggest it's changed to op? Vampire take 15% extra dmg in general maybe?

Nop. 15% in general is too much, but we know that vamp passives are very strong, and honestly the way how this "fire downside" is working... it is not good... it is not working correctly, i made this post for new ideas and suggestions about it, but in my opnion this extra dmg must be apply from more "dmg types"... spell base maybe, i dnt know
    Edited by LordSlif on November 12, 2017 5:21AM
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two of my toons are vamps and I honestly don’t even notice the fire damage even against other mag DK

You should have 15% in Thick Skin(37 points ) as fire dots are your biggest threat...you should also lean more towards elemental defender then Hardy. I mean the cp system is so noob friendly shoring up weakness I’d say leave Vampire alone

Vampire is really strong now, and the fire damage and skills like Evil Hunter are already nerfed...vamps got it easy now compared to the buffs they get and you can defer to stage one have no weakness and laugh at fire damage. What more do we want?

A few. Points in Thick Skinned you will wonder if the vamp fire weakness even exists at all....

It is not the problem, but I really appreciate that you tried to help.
    Edited by LordSlif on November 12, 2017 5:38AM
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    kritonX67 wrote: »

About mages guild: it is not a bad ideia, but it will be a downside for magplayers and there are a lot of stam players. Maybe if wolves were more attractive.
    Options
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    then dont vamp out.
    i left my last 2 classes without vamp or ww and trust me its not class breaking.
    10% recov might be 100ish extra rexovery to your main attribute and 50ish to your secondary attribute.
    undeath isnt THAT noticeable really, if you have 3-5k health left and get hit with an 8k executioner, your dead, undeath or not.
    BUT, guess what?
    you shake off dawnbrekers, and no longer have to fear the magDk as much ( a good magdk is still a good magDk, if hes a badass hes still gonna murk you)
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O get what the op is saying and I counter his arguement with Templar and any other classes using a fire staff or enchant

Personally I feel dungeons should have more of different elemental damages, nearly every dungeon has fire damage making them much harder for stage 4 vamps
    Edited by SugaComa on November 13, 2017 5:43PM
    Options
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't undeath passive still buggy as hell, in vamps favor? I know I still see it having an effect at times where he is unkillable because of undeath bugging out, fix that first then maybe balance issue's can be addressed. However I think the trade offs are fine, you can build to try to be a vamp killer or not. It is one of the main thing that make this game great, you can always build to kill a specific build, and it should always be that way. Cheers
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And as you still recover Stam, is very effective mitigation tool for Stam toons

Exactly and the downsides have been nerfed so much since launch that they aren't really downsides anymore. Thats why there are so many vampires these days.
    Options
  • Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    ZOS should change the extra fire damage and poison damage that vampires and werewolves recives, specifically on pvp. I do not care about the werewolves, but a lot of players are vamps in this game and there is a class that deals fire damage as
    their main damage type, so they are the only one class with an advantege of 25% damage above a lot of players and the all other classes too, do u really know what is 25% extra dmg on pvp? (1/4 more dmg, it is a lot of extra dmg). The problem is: there is a class that deals fire damage, exclusively, with all their skills, so this class is getting huge advantge above the others classes.
    U should remove/change it.

Edit: im not talk about the 25% extra dmg only. Im talking about the class that is exploiting it and how it can be changed, im not asking for remove a downside.
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

best way of crying about mdk indirectly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGsyGJCAnWo&feature=youtu.be
    Options