The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can't play after update

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i didn't login for 2 or 3 days, and today i got an update. after it i'm still able to login pick a character and reach the game, but i see all players stopped and i can't interact with anything. after a while i'm removed from the game.

i didn't change anything on my system, my internet connection doesn't seem to have any problem, the only change was the last update. any idea on how to fix this? is there any way to remove the update?
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't remove updates for mmo's or MP games. Won't go into detail as it's kinda obvious why you can't.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't remove updates for mmo's or MP games. Won't go into detail as it's kinda obvious why you can't.

i understand that we can't for PVP but it would be nice to be able to login with an older stable version at least for some PVE :\
    Edited by NeKryXe on November 7, 2017 9:11PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repair your game install OP.

Game works fine, so it sadly is on your end.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... i found out 2 strange addons that i never installed: LibAddonMenu and LibLoadedAddons

i disabled both and i'm now able to stay in the game. there's still a lot of lag on clockwork bosses but at least i'm no longer being removed from the game :)

i have no idea how i got those addons, i can't even find them on my live directory, but i'll keep both disabled.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like i talked too soon. it was a coincidence after all.

i was playing now with all addons disabled and the behavior returned - everybody stopped - can't interact with anything - removed from the game. i logged in again and the same happened over and over. looks like i just got a strike of luck, a few minutes ago. my game is still damaged :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeKryXe

As already suggested, please try running a repair and see if that helps. Making sure all add-ons are removed could help as well.

To completely remove add-ons from game, you can perform the following steps:

PC:
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    try repairing the launcher, that help usually.

or try this:

If the game will not start and the play button does nothing, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    Bethesda.net_launcher: C:Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnlineLauncher
    ESO.exe: C:Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnlineThe Elder Scrolls Onlinegameclienteso.exe
    Steam.exe: C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    C:Program Files (x86)Zenimax OnlineThe Elder Scrolls Online
    C:Program Files (x86)Steam

Repair the ESO Launcher
    Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    Close the ESO Launcher.
    Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    By default, this folder will be located here: C:Program Files (x86)Zenimax OnlineLauncherProgramData.
    Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    Restart the ESO Launcher.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tried everything except the repair. anyway, if i need to download again the game it is game over for me, because i'm on a metered connection and i no longer have enough traffic for that. it would take about 3 months to download the game and 3 months without using internet for anything else than downloading the game.

i have no idea what changed in the last update but it clearly got me out of the game, at least at this hours.

the weird thing is that yesterday at the same time period i was completely unable to play, but i didn't change anything and later at night, i was able to play very well. i played until 2 am very very well. but now i'm facing the same behavior - everybody stopped - can't interact with anything - removed from the game.

i checked my internet connection and the ping is perfect and i have 8Mbps. usually i can play even with 2Mbps.

so... how can't i play now and i can access perfectly during the late night? how can my game installation and setting be damaged only during the afternoon?

btw... there's no option to repair on my launcher.
    Edited by NeKryXe on November 8, 2017 6:31PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another fun fact: at the same time i noticed that i can play any other game online with a nice ping, but i'm always removed on ESO since the last update.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somehow in the last try i was able to access the game and played for a few minutes. i did all my writs with no problem, walked around the clockwork city with a good ping and framerate, and then i was waiting for one boss, with a lot of people and it was all good, i was even able to chat. the the boss appeared everybody started to move and immediately everything stopped and i couldn't interact anymore with anything.

i have no idea what's happening, but i played this since the beta and it really seems that the last update killed the game. at least for me the game is over.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting. same thing again: in was able to login, reached the same boss, waited with about 8 to 10 players for the boss and everything was ok. i was able to chat and interact with everything. then the boss appeared and immediately everything stopped and after a while i got removed from the game.

the framerate was great and the ping was bellow 115. looks like my account was limited or something.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @NeKryXe

As already suggested, please try running a repair and see if that helps. Making sure all add-ons are removed could help as well.

To completely remove add-ons from game, you can perform the following steps:

PC:
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

i completely delete the "Elder Scrolls Online" directory on my documents removing it all and didn't change anything.

looks like i'll have to wait for another update and hope that the next one fix this problems :(
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is really weird.

from 3pm to 9:30pm i was completely unable to play, but now i'm logged in and playing without any trouble, using the same installation, same computer, same system, same router, same settings, all the addons activated....

so... it happen exactly like yesterday. when there are a lot of people playing i'm removed from the game, but after 9:30pm i can play very well O_o

if this is a problem on my system it is quite a weird problem :|
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeKryXe

Since the game is working fine at certain hours of the day, it could indicate your issue is connection related. At this point we suggest contacting support here and opening a ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @NeKryXe

Since the game is working fine at certain hours of the day, it could indicate your issue is connection related. At this point we suggest contacting support here and opening a ticket.

yep. i'm going to do that because i'm starting to hate this game because of this problem.

meanwhile i'll probably stop trying to play this.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also possible that you have a corrupt file installed which only triggers your issue when a certain action is taken or certain in-game circumstances arise (such as it raining, being dark with house lighting on, or you or another player casts a particular spell/skill with particle effects etc). Repairing the files from the launcher would address such a cause, failing which the connection suggestion is also clearly valid especially as it seems likely that you have a very slow or restricted connection. However, it's entirely up to you whether you want to follow up on recommendations on how to fix the issue, both ZOS and your fellow players can only give you advice, whether you choose to follow it is entirely up to you. However, I hope you don't give up on a great game!
    Edited by Tandor on November 10, 2017 6:35PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in fact I end up doing the suggested repair, and it was surprisingly fast, maybe because I have the game installed on a NVMe drive, but unfortunately it just verified the files and didn't repair anything.

My internet connection should be enough, it's 20Mbps and i usually get around 20ms to 50ms of ping. It's the same connection I used for 3 years playing ESO, and I'm still able to play a few other games without being constantly removed from the game. I have all ports configured on my router, all exceptions on firewall, no anti-virus active, I already flushed my DNS, still... I'm only able to play at night.

The tips from the reply from my ticket didn't help me, so I'm going to wait for the next update and hope that something changes.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NeKryXe My characters were crashing at dolmens and other events in game. Even the clockwork city target dummy was increasing my latency to 999. Turned out the cause was due to the destinations addon. If you have the destinations addon, disable it.
    Edited by phairdon on November 13, 2017 2:10AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    @NeKryXe My characters were crashing at dolmens and other events in game. Even the clockwork city target dummy was increasing my latency to 999. Turned out the cause was due to the destinations addon. If you have the destinations addon, disable it.

last week after the update i tested many times without any addons and nothing seemed to help, i always kept being removed from the game. the suggestions i got from the ticket didn't solve the problem too. but somehow, after the update of this week , i'm no longer being removed.

yesterday i was able to play with a flat framerate and a perfect ping, during all day, even with all addons on, including destinations. but today i started to get higher pings, i'm still not being removed but sometimes i can't interact. just for safety i disabled the destinations addon as you suggested, but i still didn't see much difference. i wonder why yesterday it was running so good. (it doesn't seem to be related to my connection because i'm getting the same values on bandwidth tests that i got yesterday)
    Edited by NeKryXe on November 14, 2017 10:18PM