The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

You get a Brassilisk! And you get a Brassilisk!

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    The announcement page says ALL players, then it adds a line that only Xbox Gold players can get it. I share the Xbox with my husband, and he has the Gold account, but does not play ESO. On my account, I play ESO, but I don't have Gold. I can play ESO just fine with online connection because the primary account (my husband) has Xbox Gold. I cannot get the brassalisk pet, because I do not have Xbox Gold. My husband who has the Gold account, but does not play ESO, can get the exclusive Pet.

Thanks a lot Microsoft. You pulled a fast one over Zenimax, and they can't do a thing about it.

I know it is just a silly vanity item, and a marketing ploy by Microsoft, but it is infuriating. I doubt if I will log into the game for a while now, because I will see those silly pets and be reminded that somehow I am not good enough to play this game.

edited: Because DLC and Morrowind are tied to Zenimax accounts, I can play all of the added things on my account, but my husband can only play the base game.

Same here, but I'm on ps4. My partner has the plus sub on her account, but doesn't play ESO, only I do.
    On that note, do PC players have to subscribe to anything like console players do just to play ESO? If not, it doesn't seem fair that ALL PC players would get one, but console players can't if they have their ESO account on an other user console account that doesn't need a sub. Just wondering...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink_E_808 wrote: »
    The announcement page says ALL players, then it adds a line that only Xbox Gold players can get it. I share the Xbox with my husband, and he has the Gold account, but does not play ESO. On my account, I play ESO, but I don't have Gold. I can play ESO just fine with online connection because the primary account (my husband) has Xbox Gold. I cannot get the brassalisk pet, because I do not have Xbox Gold. My husband who has the Gold account, but does not play ESO, can get the exclusive Pet.

Thanks a lot Microsoft. You pulled a fast one over Zenimax, and they can't do a thing about it.

I know it is just a silly vanity item, and a marketing ploy by Microsoft, but it is infuriating. I doubt if I will log into the game for a while now, because I will see those silly pets and be reminded that somehow I am not good enough to play this game.

edited: Because DLC and Morrowind are tied to Zenimax accounts, I can play all of the added things on my account, but my husband can only play the base game.

Same here, but I'm on ps4. My partner has the plus sub on her account, but doesn't play ESO, only I do.
    On that note, do PC players have to subscribe to anything like console players do just to play ESO? If not, it doesn't seem fair that ALL PC players would get one, but console players can't if they have their ESO account on an other user console account that doesn't need a sub. Just wondering...

It's Microsoft/Sony, and no PC doesn't have to pay any Xbox live or PSN

But they do have to pay for each key code thing
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 9, 2017 3:35AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking more like Steam or something as I am aware that Xbox Live and PS+ are for consoles. If it is Microsoft/Sony, then it would be nice if ZOS could work it out with them to let all players get the free item, seeing as how the base game can be shared across accounts. It just sucks that my partner who doesn't ever play can get it, but as an almost daily player, I can't.

Idk what key code things you're talking about...

• Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Love the free pets. Thank you!

Though Im partial to a pet of another platform and wish I could have picked which color I got to enjoy in my adventures.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC players have to pay for each game license separately. If you've got three people in a household who want to play, you have to buy three copies of the game.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nice gesture and it is appreciated

BUT I would have preferred they make the CWC furniture recipes actually obtainable instead of impossible so I had a reason to want to buy the CWC zone house
    Beta tester November 2013
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the free pet. It's cute. Free is always good! :)
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

PC players have to pay for each game license separately. If you've got three people in a household who want to play, you have to buy three copies of the game.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Doesn't that mean that ALL PC players still get the pet, though? Had I needed to buy ESO just for my own ps4 account back when I first bought it, I would have, but then I still wouldn't be able to get this free pet since I don't have plus on my account.

Sorry, I'm not trying to complain, though, I guess that's what I'm doing. I'm only trying to understand why they couldn't just give it to all players, regardless of what sub services they have. I'm quite disappointed since I play the game so much and I really like the Brassilisk. I keep seeing some people complain about this free item, but I wish I could even get one in the first place.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not seeing these in the add ON's section on Xbox EU. Followed the instructions. Anyone else??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm still not seeing these in the add ON's section on Xbox EU. Followed the instructions. Anyone else??

Xbox NA. It was the only thing that came up when I typed foxbat in the search box on the store tab of the Xbox dashboard.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Xbox and PS4 versions are better looking. Would love to have them on the PC.

Also, sneks are amazing! SUN DA WEKONO!
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool,,,Lego snake!
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, ZOS! <3
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    i tried to get the free brassilisk from both the crown store and the xbox store on both my sign ins and there was not a option to download anywhere or anything free3

I had to do a search for Foxbat Brassilisk. It was there.

oh i found it for my friend and downloaded it for him...its just NOT free for everyone like they say...only the ones that own the xbox gold can get it anyone sharing in a household is screwed

Same on PS4. I can't get it under my account because my Hubs is the one with PS+. No brassilisk for me, even though I'm the one that plays ESO and subcribes to ESO+... Oh well, I'm not dishing out money for my account to have PS+ (that's just a waste of money) just for a pet. I guess when the time comes to renew PS+, I'll need to think about my account being the one to suscribe, since my Hubs doesn't play much of anything. Especially if they (not sure who, Sony or ESO) decide to make crown sales even cheaper for those with PS+, like they did half a year ago or so... You get a brassilisk, and you get a brassilisk, but only if you have xbox gold, PS+, or play on PC. :lol:
    Edited by X_LadyPhoenix_X on November 10, 2017 12:22AM
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

I guess this is the one good thing about console. :lol: So I'm really not complaining over not getting a free pet...
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA. It was the only thing that came up when I typed foxbatin the search box on the store tab of the Xbox dashboard.

Thanks @EvilAutoTech for the tip! I couldn’t get the mods way to work but searched what you said and it worked. Thanks!!
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on November 10, 2017 1:18AM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhh, beeing late (as usual) ... but rather later then never, right?!

Thank you for that cute little bugger!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showed it to my daughter.
    She said it looked like a toy snake.
    That is all. :D
  • Lonestar166
    Lonestar166
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. I also wanted to say I totally like Clockwork City, you guys have out done yourselves. I have previewed the home available for purchase, it is awesome. If/when it goes on sale, I will be purchasing it.
  • feitosatorres
    feitosatorres
    Soul Shriven
    ihullllll
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, ZOS!
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get a loading screen! And you get a loading screen!

... And WE don't care!
    ~zos
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the pet isnt listed in the addons section of the xbox store page for me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Yeah, the pet isnt listed in the addons section of the xbox store page for me.

You have to use the search function "brassi' works
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See.

I hate you guys.

But then you do this sort of thing and I cant help but love you guys.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a snek... lovely.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why doesn’t it look finished?

The other steam powered creatures like the mice and snakes all sort of fit in but the pet for the pc looks totally unfinished, in game it’s like watching something that hasn’t loaded properly, it’s realy distracting, please can we get proper colours and shading like the snakes because this thing is such a lovely sculpture but it just doesn’t look finished :'(
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way the light fell, I jumped for joy,
    surely it was you Dragonthorn, mine to pick up, mine to be.
    But beware instead, the Brassilisks head.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn’t it look finished?

The other steam powered creatures like the mice and snakes all sort of fit in but the pet for the pc looks totally unfinished, in game it’s like watching something that hasn’t loaded properly, it’s realy distracting, please can we get proper colours and shading like the snakes because this thing is such a lovely sculpture but it just doesn’t look finished :'(

It's because the PC version texture/color looks grey whereas the Crown Store picture is not. It's a nice gesture from ZOS nevertheless.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA. It was the only thing that came up when I typed foxbat in the search box on the store tab of the Xbox dashboard.

nice one mate, this worked - even via the store on my Windows Phone :) will pay it forward through my guilds.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP