The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is precursor era fabricants, and gear considered blasphemy? SPOILERS

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't remember the exact dialogue, but the precursor quest ends with you assembling him and the tinkerer you were working for being shunned by his master as being skilless, etc and the precursor being called a piece of junk and you are given him. Does the apostle see precursor era fabricant technology as a form of technology that is something bad? I am surprised the master didn't see it as a reminder of the past accomplishments of seht and it is interesting that the precursor era fabricants show emotion while the newer current era models don't.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC they do bring up that the older more Dwemer-inspired tech gets shunned and looked down on, I thought it was earlier in that quest but maybe not. That goes for actual Dwemer stuff too even though Sotha Sil studied it; one of the Truth in Sequence books brings it up.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC they do bring up that the older more Dwemer-inspired tech gets shunned and looked down on, I thought it was earlier in that quest but maybe not. That goes for actual Dwemer stuff too even though Sotha Sil studied it; one of the Truth in Sequence books brings it up.

Its weird, I know dwemer tech is inferior but their god literally got inspired from it
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Its weird, I know dwemer tech is inferior but their god literally got inspired from it

Only consider how real-world people get obsessed with having the latest and greatest iPhone/graphics card/other technological widget and it makes more sense. Add to that the theme of improving things is literally part of their religion...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Clockwork Apostles seem to both study and revere Seht's creations, treating him as a god, even if he professes to not be one.

Assumptions of Divinity come along with those of perfection, to imply that their god improved over time, and thus was not perfect, would be blasphemy in their eyes.

Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds