The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

The Dwemer What Do YOU Think Happened To Them

NatalyaPeterovna
NatalyaPeterovna
✭✭✭
I personally think once they
messed with the heart of lorkan one final time during their final battle with the dark elves
after much study and tinkering and because it could also be used and controlled to
give the tribunal divinity and begin to make Dagoth ur's super automaton
they were able to use some of its power to reach a different plane of existence or perhaps they tinkered long enough seeing their own demise as imminent to create their own plane of existence in the void a paradise of sorts if they had long enough or just enough to live if they didnt have enough time to create a paradise

my second theroy is due to their deadra worship they may have and i must emphasize the word may have made a deal with a daedric prince since daedrea are not inherently evil it just means not our ancestors perhaps one of the "good deadra" or while the tribunal was knocking on their doorstep in sheer desperation they made a deal with clavicus vile (which i doubt highly due to their emphasis on logic and knowledge they'd get the short end of the bargain)

so share your theories and cite your sources if you really have evidence im looking forward to a hot debate!
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that as a race they tried and failed to achieve CHIM and zero summed out of existence.

Seems to be the most likely reason, as anything else would show at least some evidence.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Yagrum Bagarn was exemplary of the Dwemer, then my guess is morbid obesity killed the dwarves.
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer wiped them out.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they never died out, its like with the Faliniesti, they simply vanished to another place and will one Day return
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they never died out, its like with the Faliniesti, they simply vanished to another place and will one Day return

I like it. This has more story/lore potential, IMHO.

It would also be hilarous if the Dwemer's last message to Nirn was, "So long and thanks for all the brass."
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭

I like it. This has more story/lore potential, IMHO.

It would also be hilarous if the Dwemer's last message to Nirn was, "So long and thanks for all the brass."

reminds me of the fifth element with the dolphins singing so long and thanks for the fish XD
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They bought a polimorph from the crown store and now are haunting crypts as draugrs.

Alternatively, they messed up some kind of technological experiment and ended up as dwemer spider mounts that many years later were offered for purchase in the crown store.
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    They bought a polimorph from the crown store and now are haunting crypts as draugrs.

Alternatively, they messed up some kind of technological experiment and ended up as dwemer spider mounts that many years later were offered for purchase in the crown store.

XD but how would corporeal beings be transformed into beings of brass
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They got nerfed.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

+1 this would be cool. I don't think it's as simple as 'they all died' - between the existence of necromancers and spirits returning of their own accord, there wouldn't be much mystery to it if that was all that happened.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

XD but how would corporeal beings be transformed into beings of brass

All Dwemer constructs are powered by soul gems. Could be feasible that their souls are in the constructs now. As for the bodies, who knows where they went.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO THEM !!

maxresdefault.jpg

XBOPC_ERROR_LOGINFAIL.PNG

They are still trying to log in .. LAG :p
    Edited by ForsakenSin on November 6, 2017 11:58PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know that Azura can be rather spiteful. Changing all of the Chimer into Dunmer because 3 of them went behind her back she decides to punish their whole race. In Azura and the box Nchylbar tricks Azura (I won't give more away) and she is well not happy.

I think that she was watching the dwemer very closely during the battle and when Kagrenac was about to hit the heart she snatched all the dwemer and put them into some other plane rather than allow them to become living Gods.
    Edited by AuraNebula on November 8, 2017 4:05AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I think that as a race they tried and failed to achieve CHIM and zero summed out of existence.

Seems to be the most likely reason, as anything else would show at least some evidence.

I think they succeeded.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the theory that they are in some time loop. The entire race alive during the battle being transported back to the Merthic Era and starting from scratch. Forced to reestablish and form their society over and over again.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

As far as I am aware, this is essentially what happened. It is a mystery to many in Tamriel, they essentially used Kagrenac's tools to ascend and learn the meaning of existence. The meaning of existence of course, being that they DON'T exist and everything is just a dream of the Godhead, a dream which will end when the Godhead awakens. Upon learning that they don't actually exist, they vanished.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If take in account theory of two Battles of Red Mountain, dwemer successfully use their Anumidium against chimers in first reality, that's create Inner Sea accordingly to 36 Lessons,
    Dwemeri high priest Kagrenac then revealed that which he had built in the image of Vivec. It was a walking star, which burnt the armies of the Triune and destroyed the heartland of Veloth, creating the Inner Sea.

as we know usage of Walking Brass create time anomaly known as Dragon Break and seems Tribunal was in such anomaly as well as Voryn Dagoth

In Second Reality, Tribunal and Dagoth was aware of consequences of future war with dwemer and danger what come s from Anumidium, in Truth in Sequence Sotha Sil explain why Anumidium was wrong in design and try improve dwemer technology in his Clockwork City.
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/truth-sequence
    But that's Tribunal side, Voryn Dagoth see it in different way.
    Dagoth go to Skyrim and say to Lorkhan where is his Heart, Lorkhan intrude in War of First Council and when take out Heart from Anumidium make so that's souls of dwemers trapped in Walking Brass during calibration process started by Kagrenac
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Five_Songs_of_King_Wulfharth
    I do not wreak vengeance on the Dwarves for the reasons that the Tribunal might believe I do. Nevertheless, it is true that they will die by my hand, and any whoever should side with them.

Think about Anumidium as not simple powerful automaton powered by Heart as some reactor but as some sort of artificial god, artificial Anui-El, controlled by mind as Jaeger in Pacific Rim, conjunction of minds of many dwemer was required to control him.
    Dwemer know to have power of Calling what allow them share minds in form of telepathy
    Use of the term "Miter" for this Dwemer headgear is a misnomer, as the Dwarves were a secular race without a priesthood. The originals of these Visors are believed to have magically amplified thought projection, or "Calling."

Though the spikes on this so-called "miter" look aggressive, scholars of the long-lost Dwemer believe they actually functioned as "etheric antenna," helping to pull in long-distance "Thought Calls."

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chimarvamidium
    And also dwemer posses technology to transfer soul to automaton, Harmonic Auditor in Rkindaleft used it to transfer his soul into Vessel of the Auditor
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Heart_of_Brass
    Rarest of all Dwarven Spider vamidiums are those powered by gems that emit a gold blue light, said to reflected the frigid stolen soul of the Dwemer engineer trapped within it.

What if many others named Animunculi can be such Vessels, something like if dwemer save their ancestors spirits in machine form instead of creating of undead as do dunmers\chimers for their tombs, that's why there no so much free dwemer ghosts as creating brass walking sarcophagus for soul was more in dwemer way then bend to will of gods and pledge soul to them after death become more popular and standard method of burial.