Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trying to finish all the alliance faction quests

Ingenon
Ingenon
✭✭✭✭✭
I got a copy of Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited. I am playing a High Elf Magicka Templar, currently level 30. I would like to finish all three alliance faction quest lines. I just finished through Greenshade in the Aldmeri quest line. Also completed all the delves and dolmens through Greenshade. I have also done some of the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Main quests.I am playing solo and using whatever the mobs and bosses drop. I still die during some of the faction quests. The delves are usually easier, and with the dolmens there are other players around.

Should I finish the Aldmeri faction quest line, and then go back to the start for Ebonheart, finish it, start and then Dagerfall? Or should I be doing each of the alliance faction quest lines in parallel? Which would be easier?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to finish one alliance before I start on a new one personally.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s up to you. You won’t “spoil” anything really by doing multiple faction quests.

The downsides would be that the stories are complicated, so it might be confusing. Also, you might forget where you are in the quest line. However, the zones work a bit like chapters, with breaks in the story each time you travel to a new zone. So these are good points to pause in one faction and move on to another. Then the pickup quest when you come back will always be “to named location” (velyn harbor, sentinel, etc) with the named location being the entry wayshrine to the Zone. So that helps prevent getting lost as to where you need to go to resume that story.

The upside is that the lower zones in each faction are a bit easier. Not like they used to be...you’re technically leveled to all monsters in the game. But the zone one monsters are technically slightly easier c160 monsters than zone five monsters. This is most most notable with bosses. If you’re having trouble dying in a higher zone, then moving to a lower zone and doing faction quests there would probably be easier and a good way to level.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apache_Kid wrote: »

OK. I can see that the story lines would make more sense that way.

I sometimes see players whose level is a lot higher than mine doing the same Aldmeri faction quest I am doing.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »

OK. I can see that the story lines would make more sense that way.

I sometimes see players whose level is a lot higher than mine doing the same Aldmeri faction quest I am doing.

There are many ways to level, and some of those players may have started in another Alliance and already finished their home faction questline. Or they may have run lots of dungeons or leveled up some in PvP. Just stick to what is comfortable and fun and makes sense for you. :smile:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tamriel hero, I have done every quest in the game but 1 cyrodiil quest to travel to valasturus.
    I levelled as a tank too.
    What i did, starting in EP I wouldn't leave an area until I had completed everything, so it was all whited out.
    I did the main story first as I could, as it opens up to you as you level, I would follow one quest after another as the end of one quest leads you to a location where there is the start of the next. In that time i would pick up side quest as I saw them, grab any skyshard, farm farm farm, do any dolmen and world bosses if anyone was around, do delves as i found them, or at least discover them and after all that, reaching the last main quest, I would clear up all side quest, then do the skyshard/world boss clean up before moving on to the next zone.
    The only zone I had to leave before completing it fully was shadofen as I couldn't ever find anyone to do world bosses. eventually i zone chat that i need all wb and got an 8 man group running from 1 to the next.

The faction quests actually tie into the main story so it is best to do the main story as you quest the factionquest line.
    Mages guild and fighters you can wait until last without crossing stories

After completing the main story you are directed to do the other factions quests in order too, and that is exactly what i did, though by then i was skipping all dialogue.

Public dungeons were the hardest content at that time, I sometimes had to run in solo and purposely die just to get to the groupp events as they were too hard solo. I left normal dungeons until after I reached level 50 and had completed EP and main story quest lines.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    Should I finish the Aldmeri faction quest line, and then go back to the start for Ebonheart, finish it, start and then Dagerfall? Or should I be doing each of the alliance faction quest lines in parallel? Which would be easier?
    Back in the days before 1T (One Tamriel) you had a clear path.

You had to finish your alliance quests first, alongside the main quest and optionally the fighters guild and mages guild quests.
    Once you had beaten Molag Bal, Cadwell gave you his Cadwells Silver and Gold quests which made you play through the two other factions main quests.
    You had to do this in order, there was no way to mix-match.

Now with 1T you are free to go anywhere and do anything but IMHO it still makes logically the most sense to follow the old quest stages since they are still all in place and if you are at all interested in any sort of consistency, this will make the most sense.
    bye1.gif
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the good feedback!

I started playing this game with three characters (one for each faction), but I didn't get far before I dropped two of the characters.

Right now I think that playing though the three faction quest lines with one character works for me.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I would suggest, especially for your first time through. Do your home alliance zones first and see the story in the order it was designed.

If you have varied it is not a huge issue. Also, on a second character try just doing the main story through the alliances and see that part pure without the distraction of the side quests. I have done that with some DLCs and personally enjoyed it.