The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc build help

xxxgetdeadxxx
Hello, I've seen and read a ton of sorc builds using many different sets. I'm just wondering what's truely the best. I currently have 5 piece BSW, 2 piece illambris, 4 piece Infal and 1 random staff. I haven't dps tested it because I've yet to get the rotation down, but I seem to do quite a bit of damage. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reality is that ever since the HOTR re balance, it is much harder than it used to be to declare something BIS, as it depends on build type and content. There are a few different types of sorc builds out there, and all can be competitive in their own way. All are going to have certain things in common.

5 piece damage set:
    Do you want to deal with pets? If so, your best 5 piece set is likely Necropotence, but julianos also works very well. If not, then Julianos is performing better for most builds. If you build for mostly shock damage, Netch is also very strong. If you could only carry one set, Julianos all day.

Monster Set:
    Ilambris is going to give you the most damage with most builds. The one piece max magic bonus also means bigger shields and more overall DPS. If you are using any type of heavy attack build, you should be able to get away with minimal additional increases to sustain, so ilambris is likely your best bet. If you want to avoid Heavy Attacks and plan to use force pulse and frags frequently, then you probably need to be using witchmothers drink. Great for sustain, but your health is going to be pretty low, unless you are running a pet (health bonus with passive). This makes a monster set like Nerienth or Skoria more appealing because of the health bonus.

Jewelry:
    You have 3 options and they are all very close: Aether, Moondancer, and Willpower. I believe Moondancer is best, but the other two are very close behind. If you have a destro staff to match one of the trial sets for your front bar, that is what I would use.

Weapons:
    Back Bar: If you can, you really want a maelstrom lighting staff as your back bar with a spell damage enchant. Infused is the best Single Target, Nirn gives the best AOE damage, especially if you are using your back bar to do lighting heavies.

Front Bar: First you need to decide between lighting and fire. They are extremely close. I think fire is a touch more ST DPS, but again its so close. I honestly prefer the weave better on a lighting staff. Either way you want it infused. As to the enchant, there are 4 options and they are situational. Shock is the most obvious, fire becomes a good choice if their is already a lot of shock damage in your group. Prismatic works wonders on a handful of bosses, but on others its useless. I would only use Prismatic if you plan to carry multiple staffs to swap between. Absorb magic is also very good for builds that plan to rely heavily on FP (especially if using an Asylum staff). For any heavy attack build, I would try to match your staff to your jewelry. For a FP build, Asylum weapons are best in slot.

If I had to declare BIS gear, I would break it into 2 types.

Heavy Attack Pet Build: 5 Necro, 4 Moondancer, 2 Ilambris, back bar VMA, blue health magic food, shock/fire enchant front bar, spell damage enchant back.

FP/Frag non-pet Build: 5 Julianos, 3 moondancer, 2 Nerienth (or Skoria) Perfect Asylum Front bar, VMA light staff back bar, Witchmothers, Absorb magic front, Spell damage back.

All jewelry enchants are spell damage, all armor is divines with magic glyphs, 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy.

• Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ What bear said.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage