The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to change email address for your ESO account?

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
I made the mistake of accessing my emails while I was in Thailand and I have now been locked out of my email. Obviously ive tried to fix the issue, and it hasn't worked. Which is annoying. I have made a new email address, but when logging on to my account where you submit tickets etc, it says I have signed in on another browser and verification has been sent to my email, that I can no longer access? SO I am permanently locked out.

Id like to change my email for peace of mind just incase something happens with the game in the future that requires me to confirm a link in my old email. Is there a way to do this? Id appreciate the help a lot. If anyone is confused about anything please tell me and I will try to explain it better.

Thankyou
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure but try to login to your eso account on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and take a look there. I know you can change user ID there so I suppose you can change email too.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    I am not sure but try to login to your eso account on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and take a look there. I know you can change user ID there so I suppose you can change email too.

thanks, I will give it a shot once the maintenance is done :)
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried and it says I have logged on using another browser, which is stupid because I always used this, and it asks me to type in the access code which was sent to my email that I can no longer access. I seriously need help with this issue. I can prove it is my account if zos are able to see the history of my submitted tickets, I can tell them the subjects of previous ones.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

please help save me.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, however you forum name is another story. I changed my email, @ name and when I try to change my forum name, they tell me to log into my old account in order to change it. Makes sense xD
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry what did you say? my forum name is exactly the same as my account name that I am trying to log on with on the website mentioned above.
    laced wrote: »
    Yes, however you forum name is another story. I changed my email, @ name and when I try to change my forum name, they tell me to log into my old account in order to change it. Makes sense xD

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck, took me a month and quite a few messages back and forth :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why ZOS don't seem to inbox me privately to help me resolve the issue? Kinda frustrating as they're most likely the ones that can help me fix this issue?

I just want to be able to log in on the account part and look at the tickets ive submitted and discuss them further if need be, but I cant, because when I log in, it sends a verification code to the email I can no longer access.
    Zaldan wrote: »
    good luck, took me a month and quite a few messages back and forth :(

• Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just submitted a 'character issue' ticket, explaining that I cannot log in on the current email because I logged into my email address from abroad. I took a screenshot of the reference number, and it displays the email address I can no longer access. (the email address that the verification code gets sent to when I log into the account, because I am logging in from a different browser, even though I have only ever logged in from my laptop I am using to type this)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_TristanK

apologies for the constant tags. its just you guys are the overlords and only you can help me :( Is there anyway you can change my email for me? even if I provide proof it is actually me in a private discussion with you?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @Chrysa1is Shoot me your ticket number, and I'll see what I can do to help.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for the delay, is it okay to put on here?

hope so. edit if not.

ticket number is: 171101-001754

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you good luck!
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thankyou :) I'm sure it will get sorted :)
    I wish you good luck!

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    sorry what did you say? my forum name is exactly the same as my account name that I am trying to log on with on the website mentioned above.
    laced wrote: »

It has been resolved....i think, took like 3 months tho xD. Just waiting for the name to change O.O
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I changed mine by submitting a ticket
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any update on the situation at all?