The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you use spell power cure on your healer?

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Nope, as I'm done with mindlessly grinding for the "BiS"gear that is obselete in a next patch. I stick to my crafted Julianos + monsterset + willpower, and it works fine.

i almost wish spc would become obsolete since we have been using it for so long xD

but yes i run it on a templar and a warden. then pair it off with mending worm twilight or master architect.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shhhhh... Stop saying "SPC is best" too loud, or the nerf nuke will hit it...

Anyway, they should make sets like physician and gossamer more useful by making they work even if the target is at 100% health, then maaybe people will have options.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    My healer is level 19.. i was intending to use it but now i have PTSD from trying to do VetWGT (on my dps) i am not sure i am going to be able to farm it.

you can farm key fragments in IC and use them in WGT trophy vault slow process but not farming vWGT
    The vaults is an nice source for jewelry and weapons. for the gear, run it in normal, this is much more pleasant now as minimum level is 45.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even non-healers use it in pvp.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julionos and Necropotence work for me.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Julionos and Necropotence work for me.

builds like that are what i think of as selfish healing.

two sets that only effect you

or two sets that greatly help your team.

dps can be selfish but the support classes need to focus on beefing up the dps.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swap it in depending on content
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My healer is level 19.. i was intending to use it but now i have PTSD from trying to do VetWGT (on my dps) i am not sure i am going to be able to farm it.

If you have a solid DPS character, then you can farm the Imperial Sewers for Key Frags, which you can then use to enter the Imperial City Vault. 120 Key Fragments = 1 Key and 1 Key = 2 Random Items from White Gold Tower.

The first time that I did this, I entered with 3000 Key Fragments with netted me 50 items. Of those 50 items, I got 2 full sets of SPC Jewelry, and several pieces of Infused/Divines armor. No Restoration Staves though.

My second time that I did this, I entered with just shy of 6000 Key Fragments which netted me almost 100 items. I got a single set of SPC Jewelry, a single Divines Belt, and a Decisive Restoration Staff.

You will also get Imperium and Essence Thief items, however I still feel that this is far and away the easiest way to farm for SPC gear. Grab your DPS and play during off hours if you can, or just roll with a buddy/group, and farm those Key Frags!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love SPC. But I think just about any mag set works for most content.

Healed with Julianos, Seducer among others.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, apparently its the must have set, the only good set, the must have set, and the best of the bestest set.
    Edited by Myyth on October 26, 2017 1:57PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Niobium wrote: »

Farm it on normal, upgrade your gear via crafting, second set for your jewelry so you aren't trying to get purple rings/neck.

Unfortunately my other set is a trails set so its vWGT or vMoL :s
    CGPsaint wrote: »

If you have a solid DPS character, then you can farm the Imperial Sewers for Key Frags, which you can then use to enter the Imperial City Vault. 120 Key Fragments = 1 Key and 1 Key = 2 Random Items from White Gold Tower.

The first time that I did this, I entered with 3000 Key Fragments with netted me 50 items. Of those 50 items, I got 2 full sets of SPC Jewelry, and several pieces of Infused/Divines armor. No Restoration Staves though.

My second time that I did this, I entered with just shy of 6000 Key Fragments which netted me almost 100 items. I got a single set of SPC Jewelry, a single Divines Belt, and a Decisive Restoration Staff.

You will also get Imperium and Essence Thief items, however I still feel that this is far and away the easiest way to farm for SPC gear. Grab your DPS and play during off hours if you can, or just roll with a buddy/group, and farm those Key Frags!

Hmm well, I mean at least I can't lose the key fragments in IC like my Tel Var stones.. I have 350 ping I can't actually play small scale PVP in IC when i last tried I just died a lot... and my DPS character is not set up for PVP... although I have this master writ in my inventory for an IC set so I guess I could head in there.

The good news is i ran nMoL today and got a resto staff I wanted (unfortunately in sharpened but that is fixable now)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread one: Dungeons are so easy we don’t need tanks! So I’m not being selfish if I’m a dps and queue as a tank!

Thread two: hey healers wear SPC or you are crippling your group and being selfish by not helping your dps get huge pretty numbers.

See if you can pick out the common group of players that want to be catered to.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on October 26, 2017 2:15PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine if you don;t want to go meta.

But if you're going to claim that X set "works" or comparable, either have some sort of evidence or stop deluding yourself.

Sure I can "heal" FungaL Grotto 1 just fine wearing 5 piece heavy Reactive armor just fine, but it's "healers" who slapped on their DPS gear thinking they can do the harder DLC dungeons is exactly why I stopped doing randoms for them a long time ago.
  • Saumur11689
    Saumur11689
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't use it you are not good in your role.
    Simple as that.
    Lvl 750+ Sorcerer (AD)
    EU XboxOne
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't use it you are not good in your role.
    Simple as that.

While I agree that it is the best set for healers. If a group isn’t making it through dungeons because it doesn’t have the buff from SPC. The healer isn’t the only one not good at their role. Simple as that.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on October 26, 2017 3:21PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised this set hasn't been nerfed already for the sake of diversity...

Most people use it because it is a set that has a buff that groups want. Either SPC and Worm, SPC and Healing Mage, or SPC and Sanctuary... No matter what it is going to be SPC and something.
    Playing since beta...
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a Magicka Nightblade DPS-Healer, and I run 5 War Maiden, 5 Julianos, and 1 Chokethorn.

I guess i could swap Julianos for SPC, but I don't like losing that crit bonus, and I don't trial heal. I think overall I would deal more damage in a 4 man dungeon with my current setup than SPC could offer, especially considering the people i tend to get queued with. (I don't have a group of my own)
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even stam builds wear sets to buff each other, like sunderflame and nmg. Why are u not being a part of the team?

The only "i" in "TEAM" is in the a hole, buddy
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Basically dps are my minions who I buff and keep alive.

Quoted for truth.

COME TO ME MY MINIONS

[edit] Also, SPC has been fantastic since it came out. I think maybe it dodges the nerf nuke simply because there a a few others sets healers also tend to grab as they are useful in different scenarios. Worm for example is great, but pointless for 2 healers in a trial to be wearing (or running vDSA or dungeons with stam dps), so maybe you'll keep mending on hand etc. There are quite a few "secondary" sets many healers like to have.
    Edited by MissBizz on October 26, 2017 5:11PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Nope, as I'm done with mindlessly grinding for the "BiS"gear that is obselete in a next patch. I stick to my crafted Julianos + monsterset + willpower, and it works fine.

It's been the best healer set since it came out....
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »

SPC is nice to have, but the role of a healer can be done with Kagrenac or any other magicka set too. I have seen healers using SPC but not delivering any other support. To be honest a healer who sets a drain, uses Combat Prayer and delivers bubbles/shards and warhorn is much more important as a healer with just SPC and healing. If you deliver the just mentioned support then SPC is the icing of the cake.
    I appreciate this comment. I mainly dps, although am getting pretty tired of it, and here's the thing that good dps peeps will tell you, ad nauseum: it's more about rotation and resource management than gear. I have pretty much all the desirable pre-CWC gear except a full set of War Machine, and I can do as good a parse on good ol' NMG w Defilers or another decent dropped set that gets poo-poo'd by the meta crunchers. TFS and Vo are really nice--I usually run VO, but that said I know it's just icing on the cake and understanding my build's skills, passives and buffs are far more important in being a good dps than whether I'm running VO or not.

But when it comes to healers, it seems everything is about the gear and I just don't understand why that is. A good healer needs a good rotation too, and I've run my healer through a number of vet dungeons on Healer's Habit--which I'm constantly told is just a placeholder set for SPC at best--and either Kagrenac or Julianos, and have gotten complimented by experienced players for being a good healer. Why? Mainly because I have an actual rotation w buffs, aoe heals, direct heals, synergies for the group, resource management for me, etc. It wasn't something I got off of Alcast or anything (beside most meta builds for healers out there right now are so out of date)--it was a rotation I came up with from knowing what a good dps needs and applying it to healing. And I think it works really well. Mainly if someone dies on my healer's watch in vet dungeons, it's due to something other than my healer (like running ahead and pulling all the adds without the rest of the group).

As a dps person, I can see why SPC would be desirable in harder end game content like vet trials, by the same reasoning I would prefer to run VO+NMG in the same content on my main dps. But I don't see the justification in regarding it as the be-all-end-all healer's set for the overwhelming majority of content. In many cases, it comes across as more a petty jerk gate-keeping move to insist ona healer having SPC, just like it is to insist you won't run vet dungeons with any dps who doesn't parse over 30k on a dummy.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Flameheart wrote: »

SPC is nice to have, but the role of a healer can be done with Kagrenac or any other magicka set too. I have seen healers using SPC but not delivering any other support. To be honest a healer who sets a drain, uses Combat Prayer and delivers bubbles/shards and warhorn is much more important as a healer with just SPC and healing. If you deliver the just mentioned support then SPC is the icing of the cake.
    I appreciate this comment. I mainly dps, although am getting pretty tired of it, and here's the thing that good dps peeps will tell you, ad nauseum: it's more about rotation and resource management than gear. I have pretty much all the desirable pre-CWC gear except a full set of War Machine, and I can do as good a parse on good ol' NMG w Defilers or another decent dropped set that gets poo-poo'd by the meta crunchers. TFS and Vo are really nice--I usually run VO, but that said I know it's just icing on the cake and understanding my build's skills, passives and buffs are far more important in being a good dps than whether I'm running VO or not.

But when it comes to healers, it seems everything is about the gear and I just don't understand why that is. A good healer needs a good rotation too, and I've run my healer through a number of vet dungeons on Healer's Habit--which I'm constantly told is just a placeholder set for SPC at best--and either Kagrenac or Julianos, and have gotten complimented by experienced players for being a good healer. Why? Mainly because I have an actual rotation w buffs, aoe heals, direct heals, synergies for the group, resource management for me, etc. It wasn't something I got off of Alcast or anything (beside most meta builds for healers out there right now are so out of date)--it was a rotation I came up with from knowing what a good dps needs and applying it to healing. And I think it works really well. Mainly if someone dies on my healer's watch in vet dungeons, it's due to something other than my healer (like running ahead and pulling all the adds without the rest of the group).

As a dps person, I can see why SPC would be desirable in harder end game content like vet trials, by the same reasoning I would prefer to run VO+NMG in the same content on my main dps. But I don't see the justification in regarding it as the be-all-end-all healer's set for the overwhelming majority of content. In many cases, it comes across as more a petty jerk gate-keeping move to insist ona healer having SPC, just like it is to insist you won't run vet dungeons with any dps who doesn't parse over 30k on a dummy.

@jssriot Of course SPC is nice to have in most content, though you are right.. if the healer isn't actually healing, buffing, supporting.. it really doesn't matter if they have SPC or not (but really.. if they aren't support/buffing you any, if they have SPC at least you might get the bonus once in awhile). Healing is just like other roles, gear doesn't play for you.

Healing Habit isn't too bad, but it's 5th bonus is null if you are a templar that uses any "house".. as the 5th bonus is minor mending.. which any templar is given when in a Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect. Templars are popular healers, so that's why I imagine this set isn't usually used/mentioned - it's essentially missing any 5 piece bonus for a templar.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to heal vet dungeons, especially version 2 - SPC is a must. Period. Normal dungeons - anybody with mutagen can heal out. This is not a problem.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Gigglez
    Gigglez
    ✭✭
    SPC is my main set with all the other secondaries situational.
    It's not that it's the only one and you.have to use it, it's just that giving your team that damage buff is.better than the other options that only help you and your numbers.
    Your heals.are strong enough, you don't require julianos or krags for whatever for your personal numbers.

SPC + Infaliable Aether works great in pug vet Dungeons.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Grabmoore wrote: »
    Don't gimp yourself with a 'unique' build.
    I don't. It's my old dd solo build. With just some mundus changes a got healer build. Lazy style. And i running 100% pug 4ppl dungeons, so i don't think SPC is worth anything. To add 240 sd/wd to 2 random guys? No tx.

Probably doesn't use ele drain, Warhorn or combat prayer either. Because pugs don't deserve buffs? Group DPS is better if you help them do their job.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, of course.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope to SPC...

I run Combat Physician and have completed all Vet content with it, and rather easily might I add...

Keep your HoT's up and that 8.1k Damage Shield will be Proc'ing every 6 seconds like clockwork...

Over the course of a minute, you can potentially completely negate 81,000 points of damage with Combat Physician...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope to SPC...

I run Combat Physician and have completed all Vet content with it, and rather easily might I add...

Keep your HoT's up and that 8.1k Damage Shield will be Proc'ing every 6 seconds like clockwork...

Over the course of a minute, you can potentially completely negate 81,000 points of damage with Combat Physician...

So what? I suppose a dead dps does no dps but you could raise dps by 2-5% by just having this set on. You ought to have even heals to keep everyone up without a single ward every six seconds.

Just to add, you could have combat physician and SPC on at the same time too. No harm in that.

To the op, of course, I have it on my Temp, haven't had it off of him since I got the five piece like 2 years ago and on my warden, once he got to CP level, and the only time I take it off of my warden is to swap to tanking gear.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 27, 2017 6:02AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope to SPC...

So what? I suppose a dead dps does no dps but you could raise dps by 2-5% by just having this set on. You ought to have even heals to keep everyone up without a single ward every six seconds.

To the op, of course, I have it on my Temp, haven't had it off of him since I got the five piece like 2 years ago and on my warden, once he got to CP level, and the only time I take it off of my warden is to swap to tanking gear.

Oh sure, SPC would increase the DPS of everyone present, but survivability means more to me than just raw "kill, kill, kill" speed...

And yes, my heals are good enough without Combat Physician, but with it, my job of keeping everyone alive is even easier than ever...

Its almost easy mode...

With Combat Physician + Replenishing Barrier, my group members are shielded a lot...

Unless someone in the group does something stupid or is slow at reacting to a big attack, Mutagen and Rite of Retribution are the only heals I need to keep my group going strong...

Edit: Combat Physician + SPC would be a very potent healing combo for Vet content...

Excellent idea @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 27, 2017 6:10AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope to SPC...

Oh sure, SPC would increase the DPS of everyone present, but survivability means more to me than just raw "kill, kill, kill" speed...

And yes, my heals are good enough without Combat Physician, but with it, my job of keeping everyone alive is even easier than ever...

Its almost easy mode...

With Combat Physician + Replenishing Barrier, my group is shielded a lot...

Unless someone in the group does something stupid or is slow at reacting to a big attack, Mutagen and Rite of Retribution are the only heals I need to keep my group going strong...

Again, so what? So what if your team is warded all the time, you are aware that healers in ESO are more then just the team health bar watcher, you could be doing more then just making sure your team is not dieing but you are choosing not to, as has been explained oh so many times to you, it is starting to seem you are being obtuse for no reason.

I also would like to point out you could be wearing SPC and combat physician at the same time. Not sure why you couldn't.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 27, 2017 6:06AM