The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for Beer, Guild, or Both

Iskalien_Hex
Iskalien_Hex
Soul Shriven
Good day, North American Nirnians. Just a forewarning; this LFGuild post may turn Irish: a Wall O'Text.

Now that the horrible, horrible Dad Joke is out of the way, allow me to continue. I'm 42 and obviously a dad. I've played a ton of MMOs, some strictly for PvE purposes with some PvP mixed in (WoW and most other themepark types); I've played PvP-centric MMOs with some PvE mixed in (Darkfall Online/Unholy Wars and such). I'm interested in both of these aspects in ESO. I enjoy running around to find new things to kill, running around to kill other players, and, most often, running around to be killed by other players. As long as I'm having fun with it (usually after a few beers on a Friday night), then I'm content.

I played ESO during beta and for about a month after release; I stopped playing after learning that PvP would be nearly impossible to have fun with due to power gamers rushing to max level, then rushing to max Vet level. If my memory serves me (which it may not), the higher level Vet ranked folks were charging vast sums of money to allow people to run in groups with them, helping obtain higher level Vet status. That said, I've done some research, and it appears that the game has gone completely away from that. THIS ESO is certainly not the ESO I played three years ago, and for that, I've subbed to ESO+. Damn glad I did, too. I can't stop opening crates and hitting nodes. Friggin materials add up quickly in the old backpack.

What I'm looking for in a guild is a casual atmosphere, relatively mature age-wise, and relatively immature personality-wise. To clarify, I'd like to make fart jokes to other folks in their 40s and such. Fart jokes never get old. I'd like a group to hang out with in comms when I'm sober (most of the time) or inebriated (Friday nights, some Saturdays). I'd like a group I can avoid comms with if I'm severely hung over (some Saturdays, some Sundays) or afk back and forth while doing family stuff. I'd like a group who will have me on an excursion to Cyrodiil, an excursion to a World Boss, or an excursion to the nearest bar for some drunken RP (Friday nights. Can't do RP sober).

Kinda good things about me:
-Dad (already established that)
-US Navy veteran (beer)
-Musician by hobby
-Mediocre gamer
-Enjoys bacon in all forms
-I like cats
-Star Wars Episodes 1-3 were abominations
-Overall friendly guy who calls former and current gaming buddies some of his bestest friends

Kinda bad things about me:
-US Navy veteran (beer)
-Mediocre gamer
-If I don't find a fantastic group of folks to run with, my interest in a game wanes quickly, and I go on to the next game that probably won't satisfy me.

I'm really, truly enjoying myself a few days into this version of ESO, and wish for it to become the game I play every day. I need YOU to help me out with that. Now, according to multiple threads I've read and videos I've watched, it's recommended to be a member of the maximum allowed guilds (five); I'm searching for THE ONE that will be the catalyst for joining the other four. I don't talk about politics, religion, or any of that other stuff. LGBT? I don't care, I'll have a beer with ya. Skin's a different shade than mine? Right on, let's go have a beer. Enjoy the devil's lettuce? Better pass that *** to me, son.

If you've made it this far, I commend you and thank you both for reading all of this mess. One caveat, though - I DO belong to an amazing gaming community, Unrepentant Gaming. We as a community have no presence in ESO, only a few here and there who pop in occasionally. I've seen some multi-gaming community guilds recruiting (Damage Inc is one, I believe?) who won't allow someone like me into their ranks, and that's completely understandable. For everyone else, though, keep me in mind.

Thanks,

I. Hex