Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Stuck at load screen before character selection

quake89
quake89
✭✭✭
Hey as title suggests just stunck in an endless loop is anybody else getting the endless Loading loop before you hit character selection ?
PC -EU
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do, with a black screen missing picture etc, just a black screen and the spinning logo. but im not suprized. they can never do anything without break something.
    Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
  • Anacario
    Anacario
    ✭✭✭
    There's always a long loading screen during your first launch after a major update. It's not endless, just be patient. Go get a drink or use your phone or something.

As for why exactly this happens, couldn't tell ya.
    "There's an old Orcish saying about shields. I don't remember what it is, I'm just saying. There's an old Orcish saying. Buy a shield."

CP 1121
    PC NA
    Beta Tester / Member since November 2013
    In-Game-Name: @barblebapkins
    -Anacario Thunderbrewer ( AD , Altmer magsorc shock mage, main )
    -Revlyn Dres ( EP , Dunmer stamblade assassin )
    -Attrius Truiand ( DC , Imperial stamDK tank )
    -Dar'Jariido ( AD , Khajiit stamblade pacifist thief )
    -Cleans-Many-Rivers ( EP , Argonian magplar healer )
    -Idrayla Telvanni ( EP , Dunmer magDK fire mage )
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    Anacario wrote: »
    There's always a long loading screen during your first launch after a major update. It's not endless, just be patient. Go get a drink or use your phone or something.

so an hour wait is expected ? , in the time its taken me to look at this spinning circle of nothing Hodor have completed the new trial.

Its unacceptable and needs to be looked into
    PC -EU
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can give my sulotuions for my problem, i did need to repear like 4 times, but before last time i did restart my pc 2 times to be sure and then repair the game. it startet to download the patch again and now im inside. but stil this is so
    [s]issues[/s]

Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »
    Hey as title suggests just stunck in an endless loop is anybody else getting the endless Loading loop before you hit character selection ?

Do you use mods? If so, disable/remove them and see if the game loads. If it works, add them back one at a time (if you only have a few) or in batches until you find the culprit.

If you don't use mods I have no idea.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just rename add on folder. Rename it back after.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you're inactive for longer than (I think) 5 minutes, e.g. just watching the spinner go while waiting to log in, it might boot you back to the login screen for waiting too long. (It'll say you were booted for inactivity, not because an error occurred, just to be clear.)

In that case, a click or two on the load screen every couple minutes is sufficient. But with the slower load times on my laptop, that was a real pain until I figured it out.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »
    Anacario wrote: »

so an hour wait is expected ? , in the time its taken me to look at this spinning circle of nothing Hodor have completed the new trial.

Its unacceptable and needs to be looked into

@quake89 Rename add ons folder to add ons2 or whatever load game, then rename add ons folder back.
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    I just Deleted all Mods see if I manage to get in, However honestly it would appear its on there end because Its almost as if I can not connect to their game after the patch. I'll submit a ticket and hopefully get an answer in a short time frame because we all know what ZOS customer service is like XD
    PC -EU
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    Sent a ticket and Repairing yet again :s hopefully this resolves the issue other wise I guess its a full re install which with my speeds will take days to complete
    PC -EU