Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions about stonefist / fossilize / chains.

Vesper_BR
Vesper_BR
✭✭✭
Hi there!

Here are my proposal for three skill that are used by dks to get into their oponents, and how i think they would improve magicka dk experience in PvP trying not to unbalance or reduce effectiveness of pve tanking.
Assuming that gap closer aren't used as much in pve, and overral dks are commonly played without it, let me propose some changes and adjusts:

STONEFIST

A) Stonefist - slam enemy with solid Rock dealing X damage and stunning them for 3s (skill base). Range 28m - cost same as live.

A1) Obsidian shard - punch the ground, dealing X magic damage(half or less of skill base) and setting 3 closest enemies off balance in the range and heals alies in around the caster for x amount over 5s. If the target is a player it Doesnt off balance and instead knocks them back . Cost same as skill base - radius 8 metters.

A2) Stone Giant (rename pls)- slam enemy with solid Rock dealing X damage and stunning them for 3s, gives major expedition for 6s and has lower cost. Range 28m.

PETRIFY

B ) Petrify - encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s. - Range 8m - cost same as cwc and you cant cast it on cc immune targets.

B1) Fossilize (maybe rename it) encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s, range increased - Range 15m - cost same as cwc, cannot cast on cc immune targets.

B2) Shatering rocks (maybe rename it to defiling rocks) - encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s, if enemy break free he/she is contamined by the fragments of stones in his veins and receive less healing for the next 5s (major or minor defile). - Range 8m - cost same as live and you can cast it on cc immune targets (for the effect only).

CHAINS

C) Fiery grip - launch a Fiery chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x fire damage.
Range 22m - cost same as live.

C1) Poisonous Reach - this skills now costs stamina and launch a poisonous chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x poison damage over x seconds. Range 22m

C2) Extended chains - launch a Fiery chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x fire damage over x seconds and applying minor breach, reducing enemy physical and spell resistance by 1320, if target cannot be pulled, you're refunded for the hability cost.
Range 22 m - cost same as live.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
I will comment below.

Obsidian shard edited****
Edited by Vesper_BR on October 23, 2017 12:52PM
VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Now, what I want to propose with these changes are to keep dks as Distinct class that hold it's ground but can keep pressuring enemies if they stay on our place.

First, why major expedition on stone giant over chains?
    Assuming that to get to an oponent we have to gap the distance, it's not necessary anymore to have expedition after you've pulled them to you or gone to them. Giving stonefist the mobility is a way to improve dks that want to get into their opponents at the same time it could be used to escape, for both Stam and mag users and could even more let mag dks be free of vampirism if they want (as we can stun enemies and run away) ( B) .

Why healing on Obsidian shard?
    I don't take credit for this as I've already read one suggestion like it before here on forums. It will synergyse well with the direction zos is taking to giving one skill line more appealing to healing and support functions. Earten heart is the ski line for tankness and healing. Giving a healing over time ground based would really improve the creation of possibilities in heals for dks, and it's for group play. Off balance in area is a great form to dks compesate their DPS loss for the group when using power lash, and would be unique to the class. Even not being op. And area stun for pve would be very beneficial to tanks, and not compromising PvP, as it not stun players.

Petrify?
    Yes, let the old school dks have their class defining ability if they want, but let us make other morphs appealing without letting it be op.
    Assuming this skills isn't used as much in pve, in PvP stun with root would make dks extreme powerfull in 1v1 locking. Let us remove root from the skill as we already have it in talons, but let's have a choice of better range or defile. If a Stam dk don't want to rely on reverb bash, or even use the other morph, he can use Shatering rocks meele range and use bash to give more burst counter damage with power slam. At the same time old school dks would still have their secure lock on targets skill, but as it is a stun now, no more need for root as it would be overpowered.

Chains no more a gap closer?
    No, as it is we can't really in its form and travel time consuming our gcd.
    Lets us embrace the dragon identity and get our enemies to us, chains for magica users and the poisonous morph would be a good addition to poor loved Stam dks, that will have more options to play, maybe dual wielding, maybe sword and shield without invasion. The skill identity is pulling enemies to the group.

As it both morphs would make targets cc immune and dks don't really have uses for empower (let ours dots burn right?), minor fracture is a great way to improve group DPS and tank effectiveness.

Pls comments and peace.

Let us not enrage and flame the topic pls.
    *** As always - English is not my main language, so forgive my wrongs in writing or anything else.
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 23, 2017 12:22PM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoE off balance for power lash galore? Sure. Totally balanced.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    AoE off balance for power lash galore? Sure. Totally balanced.

Maybe adding a percentage would be better? Or switching the morphs between pve and PvP I think.

I edited to remove off balance, it could really create an exploiting in a group of dks spamming power leash as on of them was using it... Like as I said, I want to discuss a better proposal, even knowing dks limitations and powers. Thanks for the insight.
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 23, 2017 12:54PM
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Up!
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chains really should stun the target when they are pulled towards you
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc