The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Squishy and weak attack?! Nightblade

TheDevil_Herself
TheDevil_Herself
Soul Shriven
So I have a Khajit nightblade and I can’t seem to figure out why she’s so weak in general. At first people told me it was a low level but even playing with players my level I feel weak.

Here are my stats:

(dual weild) Ability bar 1: bloodcraze 3, flurry 4, Ambush 4, swallow soul 4, blade cloak 2, soul harvest 4

(Bow) Ability bar 2: snipe 4, scatter shot 1, volley 4, swallow soul 4, consuming trap 3, soul harvest 4, [still working on changing this bar to full bow)

Magicka: 14
Max: 12615
Recovery: 721

Health: 15
Max: 15089
Recovery: 514

Stamina: 15
Max 17625
Recovery: 748

Spell damage: 1315
Spell critical: 12.0%

Weapon damage: 1376
Weapon critical: 16.4%

Resistance:
-spell: 13108
-physical: 13108
-critical: 0

Weapons main hand and back up: Orichalc Sword of weapon damage

Weapons back up: Beech bow of poison

Armor
Head: leather helmet of stamina
Chest: orichalc cuirass of stamina
Shoulder: Cotten epaulets of stamina
Waist: leather belt of stamina.
Hands: leather bracers of stamina.
Legs: leather guards of stamina
Feet: leather boots of stamina
Neck: necklace of salvation
Ring 1: dreadlords mak
Ring 2: ring of agility

I know this is a lot of info but I was hoping someone could help cuz I’m so angry at how much time I put in to my character to only have her be this weak :/

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt my build is focused on stam tho :(
    Nope, that would mean all points in stamina, which you clearly haven't.

You'll always be squishy with a hodgepodge of dropped gear and spread out character points. Your build needs focus and your gear needs to be at, or near, your character level.
    shades.gif
    Answer ✓
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the shrine and put all of those points you have in magicka into stamina. Yes, every one of them. It's ok to leave some in health, but not nearly that many - I'd suggest three or four for a first-time stamblade but ymmv. Your defense isn't HP, but high damage. That alone will improve your damage dramatically.

Then you need some set gear. The bonuses you get for matching gear add up.
    Shadow hide you.
    Answer ✓
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of stuff the game doesn't really explain to people, like the need to stack attribute points in either mag or stam (at least you're focused on stam abilities, my first nightblade was a hot mess).

The forum is a good place to get info, but for a nightblade especially you want Gilliam the Rogue, on YouTube, for all the explains.
    Answer ✓
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you outleveled your gear? Orichalc sounds something like level 30.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, generally builds are stronger when they focus on one resource stat, either magicka or stamina. This is because your weapon and skill damage scales from your max stats. Dual Wield, Bow, and skills that cost stamina will get better the more stamina you have. Staffs and magicka skills will get stronger the more magicka you have. If you need to change your attribute points, you can go to the shrines in any capital city: Mournhold, Wayrest, or Elden Root.

Second, I really like the skills you have on your bar for a leveling stamblade (that being a nightblade focusing on weapons and stamina skills). To use them effectively, you'll want to look at your rotation. A very easy one is Bow Bar - Volley (Endless Hail), swap to DW bar - Blade Cloak for AOE and protection, Bloodcraze and Flurry for healing and single target damage. The DOT from Volley will continue to damage mobs as you attack them with Dual wield skills, which can heal you with the right morphs.

Third, Nightblades have amazing executes. At 25% health, the stamina morph of Assassin's Blade, Killer's Blade does a ton of extra damage. In settings, you can change the enemy health bars to show the number and percent of health remaining. At or below 25%, Killer's Blade (or Impale if you go magicka) will devastate your enemies. Its very useful on bosses once they get below 25% as its a huge boost to your DPS.

So the honest answer to your build's problem is that if you want to use stamina skills and weapons like the bow and dual wield, you really need to put most of your attributes into stamina. You can keep a few points into health if that makes you feel more comfortable, or better yet, find a food that will increase your health and stamina. Blue foods or Purple foods will work well, and holiday food and drinks scale to your level without having to change foods every 10 or so levels. If you can afford the drink, the purple Dubious Camoran Throne gives you max health/max stam/stam regen, and i use that on all of my stamina based characters.
  • TheDevil_Herself
    TheDevil_Herself
    Soul Shriven
    Asardes wrote: »
    Have you outleveled your gear? Orichalc sounds something like level 30.

I just turned level 35.
  • TheDevil_Herself
    TheDevil_Herself
    Soul Shriven
    First, generally builds are stronger when they focus on one resource stat, either magicka or stamina. This is because your weapon and skill damage scales from your max stats. Dual Wield, Bow, and skills that cost stamina will get better the more stamina you have. Staffs and magicka skills will get stronger the more magicka you have. If you need to change your attribute points, you can go to the shrines in any capital city: Mournhold, Wayrest, or Elden Root.

So the honest answer to your build's problem is that if you want to use stamina skills and weapons like the bow and dual wield, you really need to put most of your attributes into stamina. You can keep a few points into health if that makes you feel more comfortable, or better yet, find a food that will increase your health and stamina. Blue foods or Purple foods will work well, and holiday food and drinks scale to your level without having to change foods every 10 or so levels. If you can afford the drink, the purple Dubious Camoran Throne gives you max health/max stam/stam regen, and i use that on all of my stamina based characters.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >Is wondering why they're weak
    >Is low level and has the worst gear of all time

That might be why. ;)
  • TheDevil_Herself
    TheDevil_Herself
    Soul Shriven
    Blanco wrote: »

That might be why. ;)

Unhelpful.
    Edited by TheDevil_Herself on October 22, 2017 7:36AM
  • TheDevil_Herself
    TheDevil_Herself
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for everyone’s help so far. I’ll level up, do some hunting for gear and change my stats. I’ll let you know how things go :)
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for everyone’s help so far. I’ll level up, do some hunting for gear and change my stats. I’ll let you know how things go :)

@TheDevil_Herself

Are you on PC NA?

Level 35, you say? If you are on PC NA, I'll happily make you some gear and food. Just send me a PM with your in-game @ name.
    Edited by witchdoctor on October 22, 2017 7:49AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That might be why. ;)

Unhelpful.

The truth is unhelpful to you?
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That might be why. ;)

Unhelpful.

Any 'truth' was lost in your snarky attempt at forum PVP.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevil_Herself

Are you on PC NA?

Level 35, you say? If you are on PC NA, I'll happily make you some gear and food. Just send me a PM with your in-game @ name.

And if on PC EU, I'll help.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭

That might be why. ;)

Unhelpful.

Any 'truth' was lost in your snarky attempt at forum PVP.

150% correct, Witchdoctor.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As Sir Andy said, you'll need to adjust your attributes to be mostly in stamina to better support you build being focused on stamina.

Your build with those weapon skills is pretty clearly focused on stamina right now, so putting attributes in stamina will give you greater damage and greater sustain, the ability to use more of your skills before you run out of stamina.

Now, if you wanted to run magicka focused, I'd suggest you grab a destro staff, and use destro staff skills + magicka nightblade skills, putting attributes mostly into magicka.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But bear in mind when choosing, khajit is more aligned to stamina than magical.
    But to get the main stamina heal (vigour) you will need to PvP a bit.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • TheDevil_Herself
    TheDevil_Herself
    Soul Shriven

Are you on PC NA?

I’m sorry I play on PS4 NA! You guys are very sweet for offering though!

So far I am doing better with stamina and attack points are a little higher, but I’m still a little weak with my attacks. Not even gonna talk how weak my armor is, but I’m working on that ;)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others said, you should put most, or even all attribute points in stamina, and pick stamina morphs for your class skills. If you have assigned them the wrong way there's no real problem, since it's relatively easy to reset your points. There's an altar in every alliance capital - Mournhold (Deshaan) in Ebonheart Pact, Elden Root (Grahtwood) Aldmeri Dominion, Wayrest (Stormhaven) in Daggerfall Pact and in Vivec City as well where you can do that: one shrine is for attributes, the other for skills. And always use consumable foods to boost at least your health, for example the bread you find all over the world that scales to your level, or better, a blue food that gives you health and stamina or health and stamina recovery (ex. Ozorga's Triple Trifle pockets, that scales with your level). Also enchants on your gear raise your stats: armor should have maximum stamina enchants; jewelry should have weapon damage, stamina recovery or feat cost reduction enchants (don't bother changing it unless at CP160+) and weapons should either have enchants that raise your weapon and spell damage or do damage directly (best is poison).

But skills and attributes aren't everything. You will also need the proper gear to boost your damage. Best is to use crafted set gear with training trait while leveling, to get more XP out of skills. In order to craft sets you need to research a number of traits, but if you are new you can ask someone in zone chats, or join a guild and ask people to do it for you; it should be pretty cheap if you provide the materials: most reliable way to get those is to deconstruct the gear that drops from mobs at the crafting tables which you find in every major town and sometimes in the wilderness; the raw materials you are better off selling on guild stores until you have the refining passives. This will always provide material of the right level and also level your own crafting skills; in fact they level faster by deconstructing than actual crafting. The sets you want on a stamina character are those who provide set bonuses like: maximum stamina, stamina recovery, weapon critical or weapon damage. You should wear at least 5 pieces of medium weight armor. You should have the training gear re-crafted every 10 levels or so, because gear that's too low level will decrease your stats as your level climbs. For example I pick levels: 14, 24, 34, 44 because they are the highest levels you can craft with a type of materials. For stamina characters you should use a bow on your back bar, and either two 1H melee weapons (best daggers) or a 2H melee weapon like Greatsword, Battle Axe or Maul. For nightblades it doesn't matter that much since you can mostly use your class abilities, but 2H unlocks a skill that heals you over time at level 38 called Momentum, which can be morphed to either Rally (big heal at the end) or Forward Momentum (removes snares); the former is usually the better.

My stamina characters have all leveled using the following combo: 5 Pieces of Hunding's Rage (body) and 3 or 4 pieces of Night Mother's Gaze (head, shoulders, weapons), with random robust or healthy jewelry that you pick while you are leveling. I mix in a piece of light and a piece of heavy armor while leveling to also level those lines:

Cuirass of Hunding's Rage (heavy chest), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Sash of Hunding's Rage (light waist), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Boots of Hunding's Rage (medium feet), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Bracers of Hunding's Rage (medium hands), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Guards of Hunding's Rage (medium legs), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Arm Cops of the Night Mother (medium shoulders), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Helmet of the Night Mother (medium head), training trait, maximum stamina enchant
    Bow of the Night Mother, training trait, weapon damage enchant
    Dagger of the Night Mother, training trait, one with poison enchant, the other with weapon damage enchant or
    Greatsword of the Night mother, training trait, one with poison enchant
    All crafted for levels 14, 24, 34, 44 and upgraded to blue quality - I actually upgraded them to purple later to speed up leveling during events but if you are a new players without stacks of tempers blue it's good enough since blue ones are cheap.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunding's+Rage+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Night+Mother's+Gaze+Set
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im in a lovely Crafting Guild, i will see if you are on PC NA, if so, i shoot you a invite, when we get Live. Good Beginner Gear, crafted sets wise, is Hundings Rage and Night Mothers Gaze, sharpedened or Nirnhoned weapons/dual wield and Bow setup) with poison. Booth are 6 Trait craftable and im using this Buildup on my Low lvl toon, lvl21 cp406, my Main is into BiS Gear, Twice Fanged Serpent, needs Transmutation, and a Monster Set from Banished cells that isnt hard to get, thought you should wait with Monster sets until cp160, that beeing the max armour Lvl. I suspect Guides will update, for my Stam NB i use Deltias updated Guide for HOTR patch, really helpfull, followed it to the Letter until cp300ish, then began to toy around. NB is hard work, im also a Vamp Lvl 4 Darkstalker and on cp406, i know, the Grind to cp690 is needed for a reason, still working on my stam sustainibility, i have buffed 29.4k stam, great, but it depletes too fast in a fight and my DPS sucks more often then not. I find the most importnant thing is that you feel youre character, that you feel comfortable. Its very hard Work but the rewards are so sweet or like Naryu says in Balmora while you do a quest: I expect you to rush in like there is no tomorrow :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some crafted training gear, 5 hurdling rage second dagger and two armor from other stamina set.
    Also some blue health+ stamina food,
    As other say you want to put your points into stamina.
    You would want to pvp later for vigor who is the stamina heal, also caltrops who is an very nice AoE,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, another new player frightened to play PvP I guess :D

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several combative comments. Please keep all discussion respectful and civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how PVP came into the discussion, though I'm guessing it had something to do with getting Vigor and Caltrops?

If you haven't done PVP before or haven't enjoyed the experience but still need to do it for Vigor and Caltrops, I highly recommend Joy_Division's guide to the Midyear Mayhem PVP event as an excellent introduction to Cyrodiil: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360956/joy-s-advice-for-midyear-mayhem-event/p1