The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

stacking eye of flame facepalm

charley222
charley222
✭✭✭✭
i play this game from release and is look guy you dont learn from your pass mistake
the first year everyone stack and spamming Clouding Swarm and now is eye of flame :s in average player make 15k to 20k how you guy let this moving and stacking in the game :s is about 3 or 4 year the game is release , how this is still happen, i really dont understand, a most every aspect of the game are great and really improve a lot , but not in class and skill balance , i`m so discouraged you let 2 or 3 player stacking and moving using 20k aoe aura and clean everything they encounter :s
i just google eye of flame or youtube Oo i think is very clear now this is so stupid only 1 player dps in this video but now player stack togerder :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnoMc8wNqpY
[Snip]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXeUaq07Pg

[Video removed for profanity]
Edited by ZOS_MattL on October 24, 2017 7:31PM
the wall of the covenant
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are losing to 2 or 3 players running a destro ulti train, may I suggest you make like the rest of us and roll dodge out of it?

Otherwise, it might be time to accept that Cyrodiil is designed for groups of 8 to 24 players, in addition to small man and solo players.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are losing to 2 or 3 players running a destro ulti train, may I suggest you make like the rest of us and roll dodge out of it?

Otherwise, it might be time to accept that Cyrodiil is designed for groups of 8 to 24 players, in addition to small man and solo players.

1 month you play lol , i guess now most veteran are gone because this type of balance :* 2 or 3 player just run and wipe the map :s
    Edited by charley222 on October 21, 2017 12:45AM
    the wall of the covenant
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you mistake my time on the forums for my time in game? I've been PVPing for longer than a month, I assure you. Of course, since you have also been playing since release, I'm sure you've got your own PVP strategies.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you mistake my time on the forums for my time in game? I've been PVPing for longer than a month, I assure you. Of course, since you have also been playing since release, I'm sure you've got your own PVP strategies.

i dont ask anything from you and have any interest about you and what you say , i hope this answer your question thank you have a nice day peace
    Edited by charley222 on October 21, 2017 12:47AM
    the wall of the covenant
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously some people pretend that aoe blobs are perfectly fine and that it is a very entertaining experience while playing Eso PvP, and then proceed to change the subject and call for L2P.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Most optimized guild groups cycle 3-4 destros at a time. Which fits exactly what OP is speaking of
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes? Its nothing new and its counterable with good tactics. I understand that people find it annoying.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes? Its nothing new and its counterable with good tactics. I understand that people find it annoying.

Yeah, its counterable by running in a similar blob group. "Good tactics". Definitely fun too.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red=Bad. Move out of the red to avoid damage
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    When people say that you just have to dodge roll away I can really only shake my head.

Any decent group will be hitting as many people as possible with their DUlt. And when they force you to spread out, guess what happens? We know what happens when people squirrel off, right? They lose proximity to their own group, their group's buffs and heals.

If you run anything but 6-7 heavy on a stam build, 2-4 DUlts on optimized magicka builds will kill you so quickly there is no time to react. And if it doesn't? You burned much of your stamina trying to "just dodge roll" away.

And if you're in medium? Good night. You will not survive.

I'm not really sure what makes anyone think it's fun. People go around wiping out unaware players by the dozens, then come here and say "it's fine." It's not fine, not when you're on the other end of it.

And before anyone tells me to L2P, I think I have died to destro balls maybe 3 or 4 times this year. I know how to stay out of the way. But just getting out of the way shouldn't be the only answer, IMO.

If you are just leaving them alone, just letting them do what they're doing, then they control the area, control the map. If you're only in PVP to fight people, then I'm sure it's fine. If you actually play objectives, it's frustrating beyond belief.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it more amazing that people think it's an issue at all. The ulti is so easy to avoid or run away from, in many instances it isn't a threat.

It's damage isn't that high. For a decently tanky player, it can take a long time to kill them, and in many instances not kill them at all.

Just like the above guy I have died very few times this year from it. The only people I see routinely die from this are baddies or newbies. Seriously

It's useful to slot it and run into a big crowd of enemies with it to try and kill as many as you can, and a lot of times you'll get a couple or you may not get any. It's not overpowered in any way and is not a concern. It is also very expensive.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try not being in the path of organised raids maybe OP?

Any half decent organised PvP team will root scrubs then wipe them with Destro ulti etc, and we will adapt for Mondays patch to keep more tears and AP rolling ;)

And it does sound like you are a console player, in which case you would have loved the early days on PC when Vamp Emp DKs were literally wiping out whole zergs solo, was great B)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The path is the 2 flags in the castles. You have to get in the path.
    Enjoy your skilled organized gaming. Do you even know who you are targeting with all those aoes? No. Mindless blob walking up and down. 0 skill
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enjoy your skilled organized gaming. Do you even know who you are targeting with all those aoes? No. Mindless blob walking up and down. 0 skill

Lol salty much dude?

Do I know who I am targeting with aoes, aye I do sometimes, focusing on primary targets and counting the ap as it rains in from idiots who cannot get out of the way.

0 Skill?

Obviously you have never been in a battle with a few players against hordes of hostiles, you wanna talk about blobs?, talk of the random cannon fodder who swarm single targets or stand stacked up just begging to get pushed and get slaughtered in droves from experienced SKILLED PvP`ers.

Called sweep and clear.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Lol salty much dude?

Do I know who I am targeting with aoes, aye I do sometimes, focusing on primary targets and counting the ap as it rains in from idiots who cannot get out of the way.

0 Skill?

Obviously you have never been in a battle with a few players against hordes of hostiles, you wanna talk about blobs?, talk of the random cannon fodder who swarm single targets or stand stacked up just begging to get pushed and get slaughtered in droves from experienced SKILLED PvP`ers.

Called sweep and clear.

I genuinely hope this is tongue-in-cheek. I have played solo and I have played in ball groups and the complete lack of skill required in those ball groups compared to relying on yourself or a few others is just night and day. Get some perspective dude.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you see big red circles and a bunch of people... run.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »

Lol salty much dude?

0 Skill?

Called sweep and clear.

I genuinely hope this is tongue-in-cheek. I have played solo and I have played in ball groups and the complete lack of skill required in those ball groups compared to relying on yourself or a few others is just night and day. Get some perspective dude.

Cool story, think you and I have played a different game, or you misunderstand completely the term "ball groups", try playing with Exile/DA/Legion/ZS, etc ( on PC EU), and come back and say no skill is required to run with hard core pvp small scale organised groups.

We are always outnumbered by the enemy, as we run small scale, we rely on ourselves and each other to a great degree.

Again not sure what ball groups you have run with, change your own perspective dude

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol salty much dude?

0 Skill?

Called sweep and clear.

Cool story, think you and I have played a different game, or you misunderstand completely the term "ball groups", try playing with Exile/DA/Legion/ZS, etc ( on PC EU), and come back and say no skill is required to run with hard core pvp small scale organised groups.

We are always outnumbered by the enemy, as we run small scale, we rely on ourselves and each other to a great degree.

Again not sure what ball groups you have run with, change your own perspective dude

I can't even take your words seriously, the way you just puffed everything up like that. But there's no point in having this debate. Have fun out there.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol salty much dude?

0 Skill?

Called sweep and clear.

Calm your tatas.
    Ye. Zero skill. Eso PvP takes 0 skill.
    I'd like your 'organized groups' do that in other mmorpgs in which you can't spam aoe skills with zero cooldown.
    I'd like to see what would you do in a scenario where you have to take your nuker (who isn tankier than a tank #shieldstacking) and actively aim your spells at the enemy healer.

In eso all you do is put on a shield activate EotS and walk like a blob. Zero cooldown on ability (aoe lol...) = zero skill.
    Enjoy your 'organized' PvP groups.
    What a joke
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 22, 2017 8:46AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your combat ability is a r-o-t-a-t-i-o-n
    Say it with me. ROTATION. No judgement, no action reaction, no timing of your skill Cool downs, no consideration for your HP, MP since with the proper builds (a handful of competitive builds in Eso, despite the promise of variety and play as you like) stamina,magika and hp go up and down eternally.

Much less in aoe blobs. All you have to do is your limited function instead of being a strong unit in a whole.

Compared to other mmorpgs your ESO 'organized PvP guilds' are a good joke.

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What the OP is complaining about is the pattern: an ultimate conjoined with mobility ... it's the combination of the two that is the problem, especially when 2 or more people with this same type of ult are working together. Too easy to use these types of ults to gain an unfair advantage over others. When people complain on the forums, they are countered by the 'working as intended' arguments ... then come the videos clearly showing how over powered these types of ults are, and ... when nothing is done, and nothing is done and nothing is done, it reinforces the 'it must be working as intended' arguments while at the same time reinforcing the 'ZOS doesn't care' arguments ... none of which helps the game. We saw it with the old Clouding Swarm, then we saw it with the old Flying Leap, and now we are seeing it with the destro ult.

Part of the problem is that it takes so many patches before these types of ults are finally brought under control. So, when the destro ult has finally been nerfed enough (which will take a few patches), are we going to see this same type of pattern rear it's ugly head yet again?

Edited by Maryal on October 22, 2017 11:30AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol salty much dude?

0 Skill?

Called sweep and clear.

Ive been in outnumbered blob groups and the AP was pouring in. It does take 0 skill.
    When the solution to combat a playstyle (whatever that may be) is run, well there is something going awfully wrong with that playstyle.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you have people playing with organized raids telling you "Hey, yeah this skill is annoying, but we can counter it and go on about our way to the objectives," and the answer is that those of us in the organized raids suck , have zero skills, and most certainly know nothing about how to play anything that isn't our limited playstyle. We're a joke.

Uh-huh. Or maybe, we've got the skills necessary to play in an organized raid (not all of which are of the "spam two skills endlessly" variety - mine tends to be of the "you've got 10 skill slots, lets put useful skills in all of them, use them appropriately to the situation" type), the tactics to deal with the destro ulti trains, and understanding that sometimes death is inevitable in PVP whether to a destro bomb or the players running in that group. If I die to a destro pain train group, either I messed up, a portion of my raid messed up, or the odds were stacked well out of our favor and death was going to come eventually no matter what (yeah, we've all had times like that in PVP).

Look, if your preferred playstyle (small group, solo, whatever) has issues with a PVP tactic on that level of play, say so! I certainly understand that what looks manageable from the perspective or an organized raid of 16-24 players looks very different from an 8-man group's. Cyrodiil is designed for 8 to 24 players and supports everyone from solo players to zerg surfers. Be honest with your playstyle and what a tactic looks like/has problems from you playstyle's perspective. But when players from a different playstyle look at the tactic and say "Yeah, we can counter this with good tactics" that's our honest opinion of it, and just as valid as your playstyle's perspective within a PVP region designed for groups of 8 to 24 players.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me right now? You know how many filthy stinking AD scrubs have died at Ales bridge to eye the flame farming?

Its a glorious skill, producing glorious results.

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm seeing is: Proxy Detonation + Vicious Death + 1st tick of Eye + Sap Essence killing the LowHP zerglings, which damages the HighHP zerglings, who in turn are burned down by Sap Essence + next few ticks of Eye of the Storm.

It isn't just one skill. And it's something that takes advantage of there being multiple nearby enemies (Proxy Detonation)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you have people playing with organized raids telling you "Hey, yeah this skill is annoying, but we can counter it and go on about our way to the objectives," and the answer is that those of us in the organized raids suck , have zero skills, and most certainly know nothing about how to play anything that isn't our limited playstyle. We're a joke.

Uh-huh. Or maybe, we've got the skills necessary to play in an organized raid (not all of which are of the "spam two skills endlessly" variety - mine tends to be of the "you've got 10 skill slots, lets put useful skills in all of them, use them appropriately to the situation" type), the tactics to deal with the destro ulti trains, and understanding that sometimes death is inevitable in PVP whether to a destro bomb or the players running in that group. If I die to a destro pain train group, either I messed up, a portion of my raid messed up, or the odds were stacked well out of our favor and death was going to come eventually no matter what (yeah, we've all had times like that in PVP).

Look, if your preferred playstyle (small group, solo, whatever) has issues with a PVP tactic on that level of play, say so! I certainly understand that what looks manageable from the perspective or an organized raid of 16-24 players looks very different from an 8-man group's. Cyrodiil is designed for 8 to 24 players and supports everyone from solo players to zerg surfers. Be honest with your playstyle and what a tactic looks like/has problems from you playstyle's perspective. But when players from a different playstyle look at the tactic and say "Yeah, we can counter this with good tactics" that's our honest opinion of it, and just as valid as your playstyle's perspective within a PVP region designed for groups of 8 to 24 players.

By all means, you can play whatever you want. But no, player skill required to be in such a group (especially in the region of 24 players) is limited to non existent. Thats a fact.

Sure you can have required skills to be part of that raid. But those skills are entirely irrelevant with actual player skill.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

Problem is; at some point someone has to fight these things in order to defend a keep or something. Not like you can just keep running away. Can't kite as its just gap closer spam, talons/slash other root, Hard CCs. It pretty much means your best bet is to either make a ball group yourself, or you can try sieging them, but siege has lost its teeth quite a bit in CP campaigns.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    By all means, you can play whatever you want. But no, player skill required to be in such a group (especially in the region of 24 players) is limited to non existent. Thats a fact.

Sure you can have required skills to be part of that raid. But those skills are entirely irrelevant with actual player skill.

How exactly are you defining player skill then? The skill to 1v1? the skill to 1vX? (No offense, but I play a healer in PVP, if I'm 1v1 with anyone, I screwed up somewhere along the line).

I've got the skills to siege and defend keeps, to capture objectives, to get out of the path of organized raids and take them apart with my own groups. I've got the skills to read the map and know where the fights will be and where the defenders won't be. I've got the skills to PUG wrangle a bunch of newbies around the map during Midyear Mayhem and survive and succeed.

I'll be blunt. I don't have the skills to solo versus players because I've never put in the time or effort to learn how. If I were interested in that, I certainly could do so, and with sufficient practice I would probably turn out decent. I taught myself to solo resources, I learned from a great organized raid how to be effective on the battlefield with an organized raid. I've learned the skills of how to be a good group healer and a good support player while fighting as an effective group with my raid.

A good raid requires players to think, to do what is necessary in a given situation without needing it spelled out, and to use the skills they have effectively in the situation they are in. A good raid is active, thoughtful, group play.

If you think that playing with an organized raid is skill-less, then I'm sorry that you played with skill-less raids. Playing with my organized raid has absolutely developed my player skills from when I first set foot in Cyrodiil as a noob looking for skyshards.

But, honestly, this is getting off topic from the main thread about stacking eye of flame. My general point is the same, for an organized raid that has well-executed tactics, eye of the flame stacking is an annoyance but not something that can't be countered by well-executed tactics. - Additionally, the ability to recognize a destro ulti pain train coming in, get out of the way, and continue fighting as a group is absolutely a player skill that players in organized raids have had to learn.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »

Problem is; at some point someone has to fight these things in order to defend a keep or something. Not like you can just keep running away. Can't kite as its just gap closer spam, talons/slash other root, Hard CCs. It pretty much means your best bet is to either make a ball group yourself, or you can try sieging them, but siege has lost its teeth quite a bit in CP campaigns.

110% agree but some user look to dont understand simple logic Oo at some point you will have no choice to stand and fight or keep running Oo
    Edited by charley222 on October 22, 2017 4:49PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

I'll be blunt. I don't have the skills to solo versus players because I've never put in the time or effort to learn how.

See, thats what ive been telling you. Thats player skill. Knowing game mechanics, make a good build being able to adapt in different scenarios, use terrain in ur advantage, pay attention to ur opponents and adapt to them, split second decisions, completely rely on urself, survive sustain and dmg at the same time. Those are needed to be able to solo. Those are not needed in an organised raid. Some of them are needed by the raid leader but for the rest not really.

You are playing a tanky healer in ur group and if u are left in 1v1 u did something wrong? Well, no offense but the skilled player playing solo/small scale has to do everything that you do and sustain and do dmg at the same time. You see the difference now?

The qualities that you need to have to be part of an organised raid are completely irrelevant with player skill. Im not saying you are not skilled or that people in organised raids cant be skilled. But again, there is no player skill involved in that gameplay. Ive tried it. The most easy AP ive ever made. Proxy, encase spam, negates, destro ults and the AP just pouring in. Thats not skill. Thats just abusing the ever living sh*t of everyone and everything.
    Edited by pieratsos on October 22, 2017 7:13PM