The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamNB Tanking?

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
My main character is currently a Bosmer stamina NB dps character. I have been hunting achievement points and want to get the ones for completing 100 undaunted pledges from each pledge-giver. I almost always do my daily dungeons on my DK tank or my healer simply because I hate waiting for the queue as a dps.

So I want to become a different role without having to pay for a race change where I can tank much of the 4-man content on this Bosmer NB.

I am not looking to complete Vet DLC dungeons with this but would probably end up doing the Vet 1 dungeons and normal for DLC dungeons and harder II dungeons.

Does anyone have any experience on tanking on a more Stamina based NB instead of the normal magicka based sap-tank? Do I have any skills in my NB kit that would be essential here? Maybe some gear set-ups some have used?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good for dungeons, can work in trials as off-tank, but not as main tank. One set I recommend is Tava's Favor, because you can proc it even in heavy on NB. A few good monster sets are Swarm Mother to pull ads and Scourge Harvester to have stronger heals in boss fights. Other good 5p dropped sets are Ebon Armory (gives health to the group), Plague Doctor (buffs your own health), Leeching Plate (heals you), Brands of Imperium (gives group shields), Akaviri Dragonguard (lowers the cost of ultimates). Try to have hands, waist, and weapons from Tava's so you can craft them in different weights for the undaunted mettle bonus, and also note that weapons and shields are harder to farm in the proper traits, so you are better off with crafted. http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/All+ESO+Sets+Alphabetical

Your bars should look like this:
    Front: Pierce Armor | Heroic Slash | Absorb Magic | Swallow Soul | Spiked Bone Shield || Reflect Magic or Bolstering Darkness or Replenishing Barrier (depending on fight)
    Back: Inner Rage | Resolving Vigor | Leeching Strikes or Razor Caltrops | Mirage | Refreshing Path || Aggressive Warhorn

It's a mix of weapon skills, class skills, undaunted skills and alliance war skills:
    Pierce Armor: this is your taunt, gives major breach & fracture (5.3K less resistance on target)
    Heroic Slash: gives minor main (15% less damage done by target) and minor heroism (ultimate gain)
    Absorb Magic: increases the damage you can block and decreases the block cost, also heals if you are hit by magic while it's active.
    Reflect Magic: allows you to block for free for 7s and also reflects all spells to the caster during that time, absolutely necessary for some fights
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/One-Handed+and+Shield+Skills

Spiked Bone Shield: a group shield that also returns damage to attacker
    Inner Rage: allows you to taunt enemies from a distance but does no debuff, also taunt them with pierce armor once they come in range
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Undaunted+Skills

Razor Caltrops: a CC skill that slows the enemies and does damage to them
    Resolving Vigor: stamina heal
    Aggressive Warhorn: group buff that adds 15% to their critical damage for 9.5s and 10% to their health, stamina and magicka for 30s. Very important.
    Replenishing Barrier: strong group shield, also buffs your magicka recovery while you have it slotted from line passive
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Alliance+War+Skills

Swallow Soul: gives a bit of healing from damage done to the target, but slot it mostly for the healing received bonus
    Leeching Strikes: gives 1K health back on light and heavy attacks, refunds stamina after it expires, good to have in boss fights
    Mirage: gives you a 15% dodge chance (major evasion) and 1.3K spell and physical resistance (minor ward and resolve) this allows you to proc Tava's.
    Refreshing Path: gives you major expedition (30% increased speed), a weak heal over time and also activates the barrier passive for 5.3K spell and physical resistance (major ward and resolve). Lasts for 13.5s with 5p heavy, and 16.5s with 7p.
    Bolstering Darkness: reduces damage done to you and your allies by 30% (major protection)
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nightblade+Skills
    Edited by Asardes on October 20, 2017 2:44PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Asardes Thank you so much for your post! I have a good idea of what I need to do now. The bar set-up was what I was most conflicted on for sure. Much appreciated.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on October 20, 2017 3:02PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also be sure to use shield play enchantments (reduce block & bash cost) on your jewelry. Traits should be sturdy (reduce block cost) on small pieces (feet, hands, waist, shoulders) and infused on big ones (chest, legs, head, shield). If possible use tri-glyphs on those to get higher stats. Weapons should be infused, with crusher enchant on front bar and weakening one on back bar. Weave heavy and light attacks with your skills to recover stamina and proc the enchants more often. To maximize resistance every piece should be heavy, except hands which is better to have in medium and waist in light, so you get maximum undaunted mettle stat bonus. Also if you have CP invest a bit in shadow ward star to decrease block cost further. One important piece of advice is to only start farming the gear I mentioned when you reach CP160, if you haven't already. I've used a similar build a few months ago to tank dungeons including vRoM and vCoS HM and it worked well. Reflect Magic is very good against Chudan in vRoM because otherwise you get very high damage even trough block.
    Edited by Asardes on October 20, 2017 3:10PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes i forget about those tri-stat glyphs sometimes.... thank you again! Very good to hear you were able to use a similar build in vCOS and vROM. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable as I was worried about the viability of it.