The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are we going to leave the Asylum 2H in its OP state?

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So the Destro Asylum Staff gets nerfed because it applies 3 status effects too often(rightfully it probably was too strong), but are we going to leave in a 2H weapon that can generate up to 15 Ultimate with a Reverse Slice? thats as much Ultimate as a proc chance from Bloodspawn...that weapon will be veryOP on a Warden for example with Major Heriosm.

I am not one to call for nerfs, but I can not in good conscience just let this slide and not say anything.

@ZOS_Wrobel

Can we please look into this weapon and adjust it's ultimate before Clockwork city goes live?...its way too strong in its current state...both magic and stam builds can utilize this weapons bonus...giving this much ultimate is simply too strong...this weapon may actually be stronger then the pre-nerf Asylum Destro. Thank you
Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on October 18, 2017 10:27PM
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up to 15 ultimate is nothing really considering that to even get that 15 ultimate on the proc of the weapon the target will need to be close to death.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tested it? The ultimate gains start to become significant when the target is at 25%. 90% of the time, 1 Executionner application will do the job to kill the enemy. So basically, you're getting around 10 ultimate per kill. You only get the full 15 ult when the target is ridiculously low. Not that OP imo.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of this weapon because it resembles Dynamic Ultimate generation but I agree with the OP.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. RinaldoGandolphi
      RinaldoGandolphi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Up to 15 ultimate is nothing really considering that to even get that 15 ultimate on the proc of the weapon the target will need to be close to death.
      Izaki wrote: »
      Have you tested it? The ultimate gains start to become significant when the target is at 25%. 90% of the time, 1 Executionner application will do the job to kill the enemy. So basically, you're getting around 10 ultimate per kill. You only get the full 15 ult when the target is ridiculously low. Not that OP imo.

This isn't constructive

name me one item or set in this game that gives ultimate with no cooldown...even Blood Spawn only has a 8% chance to give that kinda ultimate once every 6 seconds....this weapon could end up giving 3 times that much ultimate in the same time period.

its too strong, it doesn't matter when if the gains are only significant at 25% health or not...a weapon that grants ultimate by using a skill that doesn't appear to have a cooldown WILL be OP in PVP...the pre-nerf Asylum Destro while OP was nothing compared to this....this weapon combined with Combat Frenzy + Major Heroism and/or Blood Spawn paired with a damage set like Fury or 7th Legion will be broken beyond belief. it will almost allow you to almost spam ultimates as much as 1.x DK could with Dynamic Ult, thats broken. I really don't want to have to wait 3-6 months for them to fix it.,

Officer Fire and Ice
      Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

2. WrathOfInnos
      WrathOfInnos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So, you have not tested it then? It's one of the few semi-useful asylum weapons, and could be nice to slightly increase War Machine uptime (counteracting the nerf to several cheap ultimates). I'm still not sure if it's good enough to justify use of a 2hander in end game PVE, but it's one step closer. There's no way that magicka builds will use reverse slash just to get a few ultimate.

As @Izaki pointed out, you will likely get only 1-2 hits off with this before something is dead, and only the final hit will give the full ultimate value. When hitting and enemy that has more health it gives less ultimate. It's hardly any more powerful than slotting soul harvest on a nightblade, or the banish the wicked passive for fighter's guild when killing undead or daedrw.

Would it be possible for us to have a few nice things without calling for nerfs? The asylum destro was already ruined by exactly this type of reaction.
      Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 19, 2017 2:14AM
    3. kojou
      kojou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I will probably use it on my Stam DK in PvP so I have another way to get ult on kills...

Its nice for pre-loading some ult after you execute someone, but I don't think it is OP. It's one of 2 weapons that are actually compelling in the whole set.

Playing since beta...
    4. Urza1234
      Urza1234
      ✭✭✭✭
      I wouldnt be surprised if it were nerfed down to 10 ultimate max. but only because of niche situations. I could see this being a bit problematic with DK's Battle Roar, or with the Witchman Armor set.

It will be a nice boon to Stam Warden if they run Bear, allowing them to instantly gen ultimate during a boss's execute phase, when the bear ultimate becomes potent. I doubt the bear would be a problematic interaction in pvp or other scenarios though.
      Edited by Urza1234 on October 19, 2017 5:38AM
    5. Liofa
      Liofa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Let me explain how it works . After 50% , at every 3% target's health gets lower , you get 1 more Ultimate with your Execute .

That means , Executing at 49% gives you 1 . If you want to get the full 15 Ultimate , you need to hit your target with Execute while they are below 3% . I tested how much Ultimate you get for each percentage . Assuming you can kill your target from 15-20% with a single execute , you probably will never get more than 12 unless you are just lucky enough that your attacks lowered your target to very , very low health , which is not the case in most combats .

To sum up , it might be strong for classes that utilize Ultimate usage (like DK and NBs) but definitely not OP because it doesn't increase your damage directly . You will be giving up raw damage to get Ultimate .
    6. Azurya
      Azurya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ofc it stays now the way it is.

ppl farm it like crazy and next downgrade it gets nerfed
    7. Zer0oo
      Zer0oo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pls nerf to provide more build diversity.

Every Asylum weapon needs to be useless so that it does not matter at all which weapon you not gonna use.
      Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
      - Update 23
    8. Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      Azurya wrote: »

Good luck "farming" this in vet Hardmode :trollface:

They honestly should jusmake the gap between imperfect and perfect weapons bigger.
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

9. Lord-Otto
      Lord-Otto
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Alcast wrote: »

They honestly should jusmake the gap between imperfect and perfect weapons bigger.

So that people who can't afford farming this very specific content for weeks locked out from performance?
      Where do you draw the line? Is having a top 1% trial team enough justification to oneshot everyone in PvP? I have seen that before, it did not end well...

Personally, I think just a wee bit of performance increase over non-perfected is enough. As long as it offers a tiny advantage, the hardcore players will go for it - at whom hardmode is aimed at.
      People have grinded themselves silly for sharpened inferno VMA. They have done vet trials for that 1% better stats on golden jewelry. Dungeons and dolmens have been run for sets to increase dps by 3k.
      I think the current gap should be fine.
    10. silky_soft
      silky_soft
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't constructive

name me one item or set in this game that gives ultimate with no cooldown...even Blood Spawn only has a 8% chance to give that kinda ultimate once every 6 seconds....this weapon could end up giving 3 times that much ultimate in the same time period.

its too strong, it doesn't matter when if the gains are only significant at 25% health or not...a weapon that grants ultimate by using a skill that doesn't appear to have a cooldown WILL be OP in PVP...the pre-nerf Asylum Destro while OP was nothing compared to this....this weapon combined with Combat Frenzy + Major Heroism and/or Blood Spawn paired with a damage set like Fury or 7th Legion will be broken beyond belief. it will almost allow you to almost spam ultimates as much as 1.x DK could with Dynamic Ult, thats broken. I really don't want to have to wait 3-6 months for them to fix it.,

Decisive trait
      Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
      Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
      How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
      Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    11. pieratsos
      pieratsos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Alcast wrote: »

So no one can get them? Whats the point?
    12. DRXHarbinger
      DRXHarbinger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      What's the worry about? Someone spamming reverse slice on you and generating tons of ulti? Fine..

Duel me today and let's replicate this theory.. You spam this over and over and see how long you survive for.

No OP at all.
      PC Master Race

1001CP
      8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
      Master Angler
      Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
      Tamriel Hero
      Grand Overlord
      Every Skyshard
      Down With BOP!
    13. SaintSubwayy
      SaintSubwayy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      well if you think the 15ult you gain on a target hit by 2h exe is a problem, then the ultgen payssive on killing someone in PVP must be removed from the game, that has a way bigger impact than the ocassinal 10-15ult from the execute.

In PVE a 2h build is in every situation worse than DW (yes its fun, but DPS wise gets outperformed). So the 2h is probably good for WM uptime but thats it

in PVP imo you'd be better off using another setpiece on the 2H.
      PC EU
      vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

14. Urza1234
      Urza1234
      ✭✭✭✭
      well if you think the 15ult you gain on a target hit by 2h exe is a problem, then the ultgen payssive on killing someone in PVP must be removed from the game, that has a way bigger impact than the ocassinal 10-15ult from the execute.

In PVE a 2h build is in every situation worse than DW (yes its fun, but DPS wise gets outperformed). So the 2h is probably good for WM uptime but thats it

in PVP imo you'd be better off using another setpiece on the 2H.

7 pieces of armor, 3 jewelry, 1-2 weapons.

5set - 5set - Trialweap
      5set - 5set - Monsterset (DW or S&B only)
      5set - 3set - Monsterset

These are the only 3 ways to get three maxed set bonuses.
      The only way that 2H can do that besides using the trial weapon is running a monster proc set.
      Not everyone wants to run a monster set or DW, if you dont want to run a monster set or DW then trial weap is best in slot by default.
      Edited by Urza1234 on October 19, 2017 1:18PM
    15. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I don´t know what ppl you fight but usually even in a group i see finishers being spammed 3 or 4 times against anything that is not in medium armor.
      1h+ shield on anything takes more than 1 hit. Shields take more hits.
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

16. RinaldoGandolphi
      RinaldoGandolphi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      What's the worry about? Someone spamming reverse slice on you and generating tons of ulti? Fine..

Duel me today and let's replicate this theory.. You spam this over and over and see how long you survive for.

No OP at all.

Thats not what im talking about it, and you know it.

Takes 2 Reverse Slices on average to kill someone at 20% health
      • Combat Frenzy gives 15 Ultimate for killing someone
      • Wardens have Major Heroism
      • Blood Spawn can give 15 Ult every 6 seconds on Proc
      • Nightblade Catalyst Passive gives 20 Ultimate for drinking a potion
      • DK using an Earhen Heart ability gives ultimate every few seconds

This weapon is prime for abuse on certain classes and specs....the only people defending this weapon are those that plan on using it or building around it...just like the same people that defended the pre-nerf OP Asylum Destro....

The ultimate needs to be brought down to 9-10 ultimate...it will still be a BIS weapon, it will still be really really good, it just won't be OP

this weapon has not been tested in 1vX open world roaming pvp with an actualy pvp population to fight against..im telling you....on certain builds and with certain players they are laughing privately at how OP this is just hoping it actually gets out of the PTS in its current iteration.

I trust Wrobel is not this dense to allow this weapon to make it to live in its current form, he is smarter then that.

itemization is the biggest balance issue this game faces, its not the classes or skills..Fengrush has touched on this since One Tamriel came out...you shouldn't be able to get every single set in the game in jewelry and sword and board like you can now....and itemization takes the longest for them to fix due to staffing and time constraints....i really don't want to wait 6-12 months for this broken weapon to get fixed on live if it leaves the PTS like this....

This weapon is too strong...the perfect version giving 10 ultimate would be about the right spot for it.(with a 4 second cooldown on how often it generates ultimate) It would put it on par with Asylum Destro(which has a 4 second cooldown on how often it can apply effects) which will still be the best weapon for most sets....but 15 ultimate with no cool down is broken...the weapon should also have a 3-4 sec cool down on how often it can generate ultimate.

Again it will still be the best Two handed weapon in the game by a pretty large margin....but the way it is right now? its just simply far too strong.

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on October 19, 2017 3:38PM
      Officer Fire and Ice
      Co-GM - MVP