The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you like add-ons disabled for PvP?

Kozato
Kozato
✭✭✭
I've seen this comment get thrown around occasionally, but I don't know if anyone has actually made a thread or poll (link me one if they have).

It's a simple idea. Instead of having equipment needed because people use gear swapping add-ons for the right armour at the right time, and Miat's add-on (in tired of seeing the name miat too) we just removed add-ons altogether in PvP. I personally don't even have an opinion because I can't decide.
Edited by Kozato on October 18, 2017 12:20PM

Would you like add-ons disabled for PvP? 150 votes

Yes. Disable add-ons. (Explain)
44%
SirAndyrfennell_ESOSolarikenGilvothItsMeTooBelegnoleElsterchenalainjbrennanb16_ESOmirta000b16_ESOFettkeewlNebthet78klink012DaiKahnShareeRunkorkoMalthornestarlizard70ub17_ESOookami007LonestryderStreega 67 votes
No. Keep add-ons. (Explain)
48%
Joy_Divisionderekdew339_ESOGrymmoireTaysalolo_01b16_ESOMadyAzuryaValvezariabmannb16_ESOAldruinidkPurpleDrankkojouSanTii.92ElsonsobottleofsyrupxSkullfoxDocmanduNyghthowler 72 votes
An alternative? o.o idk
7%
erebozfeyiiDMuehlhausenDDukeAckwalanEasily_LostOeildefeu91MjolnirVilkasEnslavedRunscheichris211 11 votes
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like to keep track of my buffs since most of them aren't being animated properly with the lag
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    Just remove PvP from the game. Then maybe they can properly fix some stuff.
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    Just disable Miat's and I'm happy.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS simply need to disable some api commands, problem solved.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As the poster above me said, if they can disable some api commands, then there would be no problem. If ZOS can't do it, then get rid of add-ons all together.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil w/o skyshards/lorebooks/destinations?
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    Add ons, meh. But I'd like to see certain spells or morphs or effects of spells disabled so that they can stop nerfing PvE every time they try to 'fix' PvP
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how can we otherwise know if there is ganker around&?

No way to disable add-ons in Cyro!
    (not to think about all those cheaters etc. who also use this backdoor to get their dirt into the game ;))
    Edited by Azurya on October 18, 2017 1:29PM
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    ZOS simply need to disable some api commands, problem solved.

They can't do this, because this would hurt other Addons like buff/loot/damage addons. They see those as more valuable than what miat does. Your suggestion solves nothing. That's why deactivating Addons is the better Way, yes even lore books.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove PvP from the game. Then maybe they can properly fix some stuff.

I was gonna make a normal post here with my opinion, but now I'm triggered
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Cyrodiil w/o skyshards/lorebooks/destinations?

Welcome to consoleland.
    EU PS4
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a diff way of looking at this, there is 2 add-ons out there, ie: noob and other one i can remember that does the same thing in pvp, zos should just the add ons in house
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to just remove PVP completely. That would be great.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they removed pvp nerfs would still happen...

AddOns have no place in pvp they already added buff timers and scrolling combat txt to console. This means pc has them too and that’s all that’s needed in pvp.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of addons is very nice, raid frames and stuff to organize groups is very nice, also buff trackers and combat analyze.
    The only real issue is early warning for spun up attack who also kick in if attacker is hidden.

You can say that warning of dangerous effect is an issue as they can drown in all the weaker dot.

Still its mostly the stealth warning who is an serious issue, changing api so you don't get this data if enemy is hidden had been enough.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The type of addons OP lists are irrelevant to the question. Zos determines what is permitted and why is not via access to the API. Huge discussion about this 3.5 years ago.

In the end, Zos kept the idea of using addons in the game and restricted the API. Addons will remain in PvP.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll start the pool now in guild about what people are going to flip out about when they finally get their way and this happens and they still don't always win in PVP.

Templars, probably. Stick with the classics.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I only use PvP addons, Mini map, codex etc I'll miss my mini map more than anything
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    I know there are some borderline cheating addons for PvP, so maybe ZoS needs to change their stance about that. Otherwise I've no problem using addons in Cyrodiil. Most of my addons have nothing to do with PvP specificaly, except Kill Counter. And I like to know how many I've killed.
    Edited by MjolnirVilkas on October 18, 2017 3:00PM
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are some borderline cheating addons for PvP, so maybe ZoS needs to change their stance about that. Otherwise I've no problem using addons in Cyrodiil. Most of my addons have nothing to do with PvP exclusively, except Kill Counter. And I like to know how many I've killed.

:o

You monster!
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the PvP part of the game to begin to start to be remotely (at an incipient level of course) fair, not to even mention balanced or competitive, players need to have the same information available to them, and definitely NOT resort to a third-party addon downloadable from a fishy website.

Short of that PvP is strictly only for the lulz (and that's why salt and epeen-stroking in this game are just so laughable and ludicrous).
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS gave us a proper UI with short term buff trackers, damage numbers, a combat log, and decent stat bars, then we wouldn't need to run 10+ addons just to know what our character is doing.

As far as what the UI shows, that is up to ZOS. They designed this game with stealth for everyone. Many people think that right there was a mistake since in other MMOs only certain classes could go into stealth.

But if stealth is a mechanic, and attacking someone from stealth is something ZOS intended, they ZOS should preserve their own intentions and make the API behave consistently to their vision. i.e. not letting people predict stealth attacks

The fact that ZOS allows the API to be used in such a way that contradicts their vision for combat means one of the following things:
    • ZOS has no clear vision for combat.
    • ZOS doesn't care if players circumvent their vision for combat.
    • ZOS doesn't know how to fix it.
    • ZOS just doesn't care period and Miat is the new head of game balance and combat design by default.

The question shouldn't be whether add-ons should be allowed at all. It should be "why isn't ZOS actively involved in controlling the design of their own game?"

This is like saying we should ban all cars because the government is too lazy to set up safety standards for automobile manufacture and people are driving around in self-made tanks smashing into each other instead of obeying traffic signals that the government doesn't enforce.

If the government didn't enforce traffic lights, and everyone just did whatever, then of course I would build my car like a tank and just plow into people, you would have to just to get to work on time.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on October 18, 2017 4:24PM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    Disable addons that show enemy attacks, enemy presence etc. Leave addons that do not affect PvP in any way that gives significant advantage to users.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I like my UI-Add Ons and my bufftracker. And my compass. And my AP-counter. And CyrHUD.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better idea: If add ons anger you so much, go play on console.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely disable ALL add-ons in any PvP. How can you "claim" to want to balance PvP when you can't level the playing field to start with.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's ridiculous.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trade convenience for equality? Even if less than half of the negative stuff people say is true, I'm glad we don't have that crutch on console for two reasons:

Cleanliness - my screen has a cross hair, abilities, nameplates, and a compass. I don't have to clutter the screen with instructions on what to do next, I rely on intuition and experience. Feels more like magic/combat instead of a flight simulator HUD.

Strategy - fighting and stealth attacks/being ganked require more skill and forethought than PC; when you outsmart somebody, you only had to fool them, not the astromech droid enhancing their performance.

How long until someone builds an add-on that's sole purpose is countermeasures to the miat one? (Is that even possible?)
    Would that be encouraging an add-on arms race?

I admit I am jealous of the combat metrics that shows the damage parse in a detailed way, we get DPS from text chat with a number and time.

SALT I and SALT II: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Arms_Limitation_Talks

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Los should be regulating what api they have open for add-on use, and remove add-ons as they see fit.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube