Would you like add-ons disabled for PvP?

• iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Keep add-ons. (Explain)
    Disabling add ons for the sake of a few which I presume is hinting at that Miat pvp thing, seems excessive. Considering Zos wont add basic UI options we have to do with addons.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    Options
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I find the standard UI to be a piece of [snip], no.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 19, 2017 5:06PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Disable add-ons. (Explain)
    I voted yes but in order for that to work, ZOS would have to bring back things like their original minimap and better on-screen buff/debuff trackers.
    shades.gif
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until ZOS makes a world class user interface for this game, it falls upon the players to do so.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing PVP without addons right now, its not like the sky is falling... ;)

ESOs combat cues could be improved, tho. ... maybe there will be intelligent feedback on that, once addons are disabled in PVP.

For skyshards etc... use google (PS/ Xbox manage quite good with them, too)

... and finally, maybe some fights will finally be on truly even ground... just saying B)
    Edited by Elsterchen on October 18, 2017 8:59PM
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disable, but not those like skyshards marker.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    There should be a verification process before an add-on is allowed into the game.
    Options
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    Then they should implement the functions of certain addons such as kill counter, notification about flags taken etc. in the base game :) just don't implement miats.

Would be better to change the API tho.
    Options
  • atriumcarceris
    atriumcarceris
    Soul Shriven
    Never liked addons for games, defeats the purpose imo. Its almost downright cheating.
    Options
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The type of addons OP lists are irrelevant to the question. Zos determines what is permitted and why is not via access to the API. Huge discussion about this 3.5 years ago.

In the end, Zos kept the idea of using addons in the game and restricted the API. Addons will remain in PvP.

I know most of what I said is irrelevant. I couldn't help myself.
    Options
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    This poll is very balanced... I presumed people would flood the keep add-ons option..... Interesting to see...
    Options
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one big problem in PvP without add-ons for me: In a fight I can't find my buddy. The little arrow thingy is so small.... We are always like: Where are you!? - I'm here! - Where's here!? - I'm dead.

Bigger crown add-ons and a minimap helps so much. Can't play without.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either this or remove Miat's
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't realise that by banning Miat's PVP Addon(s) you would pretty much make RaidNotifier for PVE useless which means 99% of the potatos in this thread wouldn't be able to do their weekly normal AA run anymore.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An alternative? o.o idk
    People don't realise that by banning Miat's PVP Addon(s) you would pretty much make RaidNotifier for PVE useless which means 99% of the potatos in this thread wouldn't be able to do their weekly normal AA run anymore.

So?

As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing.

If people are really that attached to RaidNotifier, then the solution for ZOS is to first remove these toxic elements from the API and then work on separately providing them to players who can't PvE without crutches.
    Edited by DDuke on October 19, 2017 1:08PM
    Options