The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bahrah's Gloom - "The First" far too overpowered for a solo delve.

OrbitStorm
OrbitStorm
✭✭
Have spent the last hour trying to down "The First", which is easily my most complicated solo delve experience yet, with no luck. Despite having 24k stamina at CP25, I'm getting nowhere.

Not only is this boss rather fast, he has an AOE snatch and his whirlwind is unavoidable without sprinting for 10-15 seconds, by which time, you've burnt through most of your stamina and have no way to use spells/skills to actually do damage. As a nightblade, I cannot use max stam or stam recovery food or I wouldn't be able to take a hit at all (using health recovery food atm). Nightblades cannot effectively tackle this boss, which is ridiculous.

Yes, I've tried asking for assistance in /zone. No, there are no other players doing this delve because, well, no one plays. I'm currently in three guilds, one of which is a trading guild, and neither of these guilds (despite having a substantial number of players online), are interested in lending a hand.

Seems this game is much too reliant on grouping for a mostly-dead, apathetic community.

Consider nerfing this boss a bit to make solo play possible. Thanks.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK what platform you are on. But - don't use health regen food. Instead use max health/max stam/stam regen trifood. I can't remember the name, but you can find it in guild stores. It gives you health, stamina, and stamina regen. That is the food you want to use.

Also the game is already too easy. Maybe instead of asking for nerfs, try to level up a little and come back to it later? Do another easier delve?
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    These are solo objectives. When the content is scaling with my level, the problem isn't with me, it's with the content. Coming back later just means the content will be as strong as I am when I return.

A gargoyle during "A Flawless Plan" with the Thieve's Guild three hits me. Not enough room to maneuver, so clearly I'm expected to tank some of it... as a nightblade.

I'm no expert at the game but I feel I have a reasonable idea of how to play my class. I might be a bit undergeared but when I have to wait six hours to find a dungeon, it's a bit difficult to get that gear without grinding through quests which ultimately have mini-bosses that seem to be impossible to kill as a nightblade.

I'd use the food you're referring to, Dubious Cameron Throne, if, you know, it weren't a holiday recipe that no one seems to sell. I've gone to multiple guild traders in Wayrest, Elden Root, and Hew's Bane, but nada.

You don't see the conundrum here?
    Edited by OrbitStorm on October 18, 2017 7:24AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OrbitStorm wrote: »
    These are solo objectives. When the content is scaling with my level, the problem isn't with me, it's with the content. Coming back later just means the content will be as strong as I am when I return.

A gargoyle during "A Flawless Plan" with the Thieve's Guild three hits me. Not enough room to maneuver, so clearly I'm expected to tank some of it... as a nightblade.

I'm no expert at the game but I feel I have a reasonable idea of how to play my class. I might be a bit undergeared but when I have to wait six hours to find a dungeon, it's a bit difficult to get that gear without grinding through quests which ultimately have mini-bosses that seem to be impossible to kill as a nightblade.

You don't see the conundrum here?

Perhaps you missed the fact that OP said he/she was CP25 . With CP that low, it is reasonable to say 'level up your CP and try again later.,' I can assure you that the content IS soloable, but OP may be pushing it on such a low CP toon. Yes, content scales, but, for example, if I disabled all but 25 of my CP points and tried to solo a delve boss, I'm afraid I would die many horrible deaths.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Perhaps you missed the fact that OP said he/she was CP25 . With CP that low, it is reasonable to say 'level up your CP and try again later.,' I can assure you that the content IS soloable, but OP may be pushing it on such a low CP toon. Yes, content scales, but, for example, if I disabled all but 25 of my CP points and tried to solo a delve boss, I'm afraid I would die many horrible deaths.

This wasn't some quest I went out of my way to do. Natural progression led me to this delve. I've not had a problem with a single delve thus far. It's not as though they come with a placard on the doorway that says "caution.. must have played during Beta to be strong enough to do anything here".

All of this would be moot if there were a community to this game.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience Bahraha's Gloom is hardly ever empty since it's a popular place to farm the Outlaw motif pages. When I log in on PC EU after working hours (it will be more quiet on the server during those hours) there's almost always more than one person waiting for the final boss to spawn in the last room. They may not be as willing to help, though, as The First does not drop motif pages as far as I know, and those people are there to farm.

Having said all that, DLC delves and dungeons are generally a bit harder than their vanilla counterparts. The First should be doable solo, but I remember him being really though to beat at earlier levels (even lower CP). If you're on PC EU, feel free to add me in-game and I'll lend you a hand when we're both online. :)

Also, using a food that will buff both your health and stamina should really help, as well as a potion that buffs stamina + stamina regen. I can make these for you when I'm online if you'd like.. and if you're on the same megaserver.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This wasn't some quest I went out of my way to do. Natural progression led me to this delve. I've not had a problem with a single delve thus far. It's not as though they come with a placard on the doorway that says "caution.. must have played during Beta to be strong enough to do anything here".

All of this would be moot if there were a community to this game.

I understood that to be so. By way of comparison, I was about 2/3 of the way through the Orsinium quests when the CP system came out in update 6 (Hews Bane). I had just reached max level and had very few CP when the Orsinium quest line led me to 2 different bosses. Despite having done the quests in their natural progression, I kept dying horribly to these 2 different bosses, both of which seemed insanely hard, if not impossible to beat. I ended up having to put those aside for a while. It wasn't until my CP increased by a fair amount that I was finally able to go back, beat those bosses and finish the quest line.
    Edited by Maryal on October 18, 2017 7:59AM
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    It would seriously be very hard to give you some advice. The bosses in delves die in like 3-4 seconds, so most people have no idea whether there are some mechanics or not. As for a nightblade. Slot some selfheals, nightblade has so many of them: refreshing path, sap essence, leeching strikes, strife, soul siphon/tether, mark target (with adds). Then you have rally in 2H line, blood craze, bloodthirst, rend in DW line, draining shot in BOW skill line. Then skills in undaunted (blood altar) or PVP assault skill line Vigor.

You've got so many ways to keep yourself alive on a nightblade it's hardly possible to die even if you lack the DPS to dispose of overland content quickly.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »
    It would seriously be very hard to give you some advice. The bosses in delves die in like 3-4 seconds, so most people have no idea whether there are some mechanics or not. As for a nightblade. Slot some selfheals, nightblade has so many of them: refreshing path, sap essence, leeching strikes, strife, soul siphon/tether, mark target (with adds). Then you have rally in 2H line, blood craze, bloodthirst, rend in DW line, draining shot in BOW skill line. Then skills in undaunted (blood altar) or PVP assault skill line Vigor.

You've got so many ways to keep yourself alive on a nightblade it's hardly possible to die even if you lack the DPS to dispose of overland content quickly.

StamBlade, meet magicka. Magicka, wave goodbye to StamBlade.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭

I understood that to be so. By way of comparison, I was about 2/3 of the way through the Orsinium quests when the CP system came out in update 6 (Hews Bane). I had just reached max level and had very few CP when the Orsinium quest line led me to 2 different bosses. Despite having done the quests in their natural progression, I kept dying horribly to these 2 different bosses, both of which seemed insanely hard, if not impossible to beat. I ended up having to put those aside for a while. It wasn't until my CP increased by a fair amount that I was finally able to go back, beat those bosses and finish the quest line.

It's beyond frustrating (as you can see in my posts), given that there is little in the way of information for new players to know what content is currently beyond their reach. Seems silly to me that I'm paying $15/mo for access to DLC that I can't actively progress through because I haven't been playing for the last two years. ZOS waives these sort of concerns under the guise of "find friends" in a community that isn't that big and lacks interest in assisting new players beyond help threads. I don't fault you, I fault a dying game and ZOS's apathy to correcting the problem that was previously solved by rolling with other players.

FWIW, I've played a good bit this last month and rarely see players doing the quests that I'm doing. Virtually everything I've done, from level 1 to CP 25, has been done solo. Only players I see are in town or at dolmens and this is on the NA cluster. Asking for help in zones gets me nowhere. Perhaps I need to endlessly guild hop until I find one that actually gives a damn but as it stands, this is basically a one-dimensional Skyrim with a chat interface and the occasional group dungeon.
    Edited by OrbitStorm on October 18, 2017 8:14AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easier said than done. I'm a SNB and when Hews Bane first came out I was very low CP wise even though I had just reached max level. I remember trying to fight that boss and it isn't easy when you are a SNB with only 25 CP points, no matter how many healing skills/pots you slot. You have to have both a way to survive and enough DPS to kill the boss off before you run out of resources. All I can say is that you need more CP if you want to solo that boss on your SNB. Your 3 base resource pools automatically level up (increase) the more CP points you put into your CP tree (the resource increase eventually caps off at, I think, CP 150).
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude, you need to read. He gave plenty of Stam heals, rally and blood thirst are amazing. You really need to do more research and come back. Stop whining and read the great suggestions in this thread.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭

Ok, but most of it still stands (save for refreshing path). The hots will do their work, leeching strikes will work, same for percentage heal skills, flat heal skills (altar), stamina skills (vigor), especially the dual wield heal morphs (blood craze, bloodthirst and rend ultimate - only slightly less damage but HUGE heals) and 2h rally. Magicka is used for support on stam characters and you have enough of it to cast ~3-4 skills IN A ROW (usually 9-10k magicka on a stam character). Aoe damage? Use blade cloak/deadly cloak to mitigate A TON of it. And you actually need only one of them, two tops. Most will do damage, give buffs or help with resource management at the same time.

Magblade would be easier, but people do get flawless in vMA on a stamblade (I didn't but I was able to finish it at ~200cp, though it was a long time ago). You can easily solo many world bosses on a stam nb (some will require kiting but still).
    Easier said than done. I'm a SNB and when Hews Bane first came out I was very low CP wise even though I had just reached max level. I remember trying to fight that boss and it isn't easy when you are a SNB with only 25 CP points, no matter how many healing skills/pots you slot. You have to have both a way to survive and enough DPS to kill the boss off before you run out of resources. All I can say is that you need more CP if you want to solo that boss on your SNB. Your 3 base resource pools automatically level up (increase) the more CP points you put into your CP tree (the resource increase eventually caps off at, I think, CP 150).

Not really, recently (the last double AP festival) I've leveled a new stamnb to lv36 for a PVP gank without allocating CP (I was going to play in below 50 kyne campaign anyway) and using only dropped gear. I was there during skyshard collecting, can't recall any problems killing the boss :D.

Stamina nightblades have such a great burst that in overland PVE survivability is not a problem even on a very low level no cp character.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭

Dude, you need to read. He gave plenty of Stam heals, rally and blood thirst are amazing. You really need to do more research and come back. Stop whining and read the great suggestions in this thread.

You should try following your own advice, namely taking note of where I've stated several times that I'm a new player.

Here's the research you wanted.
    • Refreshing Path - requires Path of Darkness, not unlocked. Magicka.
    • Sap Essence - requires Drain Power, not unlocked (Siphoning line too low). Magicka.
    • Leeching Strikes - requires Siphoning Strikes, only level 1. Magicka.
    • Soul Siphon/Tether - not unlocked. Ultimate.
    • Mark Target - not unlocked. Requires adds when I clearly stated these are single bosses.. Magicka.
    • Rend - offers no healing, no idea why this was suggested.
    • Strife - finally one I have. Guess what? Magicka.
    • 2H line - not leveled since it's PvP-related.
    • Draining Shot - wasn't aware of this one. Actually uses Stamina. This one is on me.

Most of those skills listed aren't unlocked either due to progression, skill points, or general build. If you're just here to be a condescending prick, feel free to kick rocks and move on to another thread.

Edited by OrbitStorm on October 18, 2017 9:07AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, but most of it still stands (save for refreshing path). The hots will do their work, leeching strikes will work, same for percentage heal skills, flat heal skills (altar), stamina skills (vigor), especially the dual wield heal morphs (blood craze, bloodthirst and rend ultimate - only slightly less damage but HUGE heals) and 2h rally. Magicka is used for support on stam characters and you have enough of it to cast ~3-4 skills IN A ROW (usually 9-10k magicka on a stam character). Aoe damage? Use blade cloak/deadly cloak to mitigate A TON of it. And you actually need only one of them, two tops. Most will do damage, give buffs or help with resource management at the same time.

Magblade would be easier, but people do get flawless in vMA on a stamblade (I didn't but I was able to finish it at ~200cp, though it was a long time ago). You can easily solo many world bosses on a stam nb (some will require kiting but still).

Not really, recently (the last double AP festival) I've leveled a new stamnb to lv36 for a PVP gank without allocating CP (I was going to play in below 50 kyne campaign anyway) and using only dropped gear. I was there during skyshard collecting, can't recall any problems killing the boss :D.

Stamina nightblades have such a great burst that in overland PVE survivability is not a problem even on a very low level no cp character.

I don't doubt that., The time period I was referring to was before the game was flooded with (dropped) proc sets. I still don't use proc sets for reasons that aren't relevant here ... because of that, I forget proc sets can make some content quite easy, or at least I have been told so.

And, congrats to you, you must be an exceptional player in order to have accumulated all the skill points necessary to unlock all those skills/morphs you mentioned on a level 36, non-cp toon.
    Edited by Maryal on October 18, 2017 9:19AM
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    You should try following your own advice, namely taking note of where I've stated several times that I'm a new player.

• Sap Essence - requires Drain Power, not unlocked (Siphoning line too low). Magicka.
    • Mark Target - not unlocked. Requires adds when I clearly stated these are single bosses.. Magicka.
    • Draining Shot - wasn't aware of this one. Actually uses Stamina. This one is on me.

Most of those skills listed aren't unlocked either due to progression, skill points, or general build. If you're just here to be a condescending prick, feel free to kick rocks and move on to another thread.

Your best option is to use bloodcraze and bloodthirst from DW skill line (morphs of twin slashes and flurry, very basic ). And no, 2H is not only about PVP, though indeed, mostly used in PVP.

As for Rend, here is the description:

Slash all enemies in front of you, dealing XXX Physical Damage over 16 seconds and healing you for 50% of the damage done.
    Morph Effect: Increases the duration.

So the ult alone can keep you alive through entire fight, even more if you hit some adds with it.

If you have blade cloak from DW unlocked, use it. It says 20% but feels like so much more.

Stop being stubborn and just listen to what people say. Nightblade IS NOT SQUISHY in context of PVE overland content. If you're not one shotted, you can outheal everything with ease.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    And, congrats to you, you must be an exceptional player in order to have accumulated all the skill points necessary to unlock all those skills/morphs you mentioned on a level 36, non-cp toon.
    No one sane would use them all. You need only one of these, maybe two if you're really bad and can't burst things down.

As for general skill point advice: level doesn't matter. You can get like ~130 skill points from skyshards only, main quest will give you 1 per every subquest (some as short as 30 seconds), each dungeon quest will give you one, there are ~7 from each zone quests, etc. You can get way more than you need at level 3, only collecting easily available skyshards. So no, skillpoints are not an issue. Unlocking skills is, but that's why during leveling you always have at least one skill from every class skill line on bar and from both your weapons you're using (yes, eg. bow skill on DW bar, even though you can't use it, it WILL level up your bow skill line).

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one sane would use them all. You need only one of these, maybe two if you're really bad and can't burst things down.

As for general skill point advice: level doesn't matter. You can get like ~130 skill points from skyshards only, main quest will give you 1 per every subquest (some as short as 30 seconds), each dungeon quest will give you one, there are ~7 from each zone quests, etc. You can get way more than you need at level 3, only collecting easily available skyshards. So no, skillpoints are not an issue. Unlocking skills is, but that's why during leveling you always have at least one skill from every class skill line on bar and from both your weapons you're using (yes, eg. bow skill on DW bar, even though you can't use it, it WILL level up your bow skill line).

As I said, you must be an exceptional player. You did all those things, including killing all those delve/dungeon mobs to reach all those sky shards, as well as dealing with topside mobs near those sky shards, as well as doing various quests during a double xp event, and although you had only reached lv 36, your non-cp toon was easily able to defeat the boss in question. Again, you have my congrats.
    Edited by Maryal on October 18, 2017 10:03AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no less than 2 class skills usable by stamina, 5 weapon skills for stamina weapons and one alliance war skills that heal you. You basically need 1, maybe 2 of them do non-instanced content. Check those NB skills for starters and their morphs. The damage done by delve bosses can be mitigated just by doing light attacks with leeching strikes on.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nightblade+Skills
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only is this boss rather fast, he has an AOE snatch and his whirlwind is unavoidable without sprinting for 10-15 seconds, by which time, you've burnt through most of your stamina and have no way to use spells/skills to actually do damage
    Use one of a half dozen methods to boost your own mobility?

You can also kite him up the stairs and jump off in the middle, avoiding about half of his chase. NPC pathing in this game is far from exceptional. He'll be forced to follow you back down, but he'll go the long way.

If you can't face tank him or dodge the big attacks, use the environment to your advantage.

The First is quite manageable.

Also, on a side note:
    • Game's not "dying," so save that drama for another thread.
    • The zone you're in was new quite some time ago, so of course it's not going to be as highly populated as other areas. Just because people are not where you are doesn't mean there aren't loads of people online.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on the PS4 EU Server i wil help you, just drop me a line and when i am back home we can nuke the boss together. And by the way, you need to find a better guild, 3 guilds and no one responds to a rather simple request is just bad :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Your best option is to use bloodcraze and bloodthirst from DW skill line (morphs of twin slashes and flurry, very basic ). And no, 2H is not only about PVP, though indeed, mostly used in PVP.

As for Rend, here is the description:

Slash all enemies in front of you, dealing XXX Physical Damage over 16 seconds and healing you for 50% of the damage done.
    Morph Effect: Increases the duration.

So the ult alone can keep you alive through entire fight, even more if you hit some adds with it.

If you have blade cloak from DW unlocked, use it. It says 20% but feels like so much more.

Stop being stubborn and just listen to what people say. Nightblade IS NOT SQUISHY in context of PVE overland content. If you're not one shotted, you can outheal everything with ease.

OP please read this instead of coming off as a whiny person, you keep saying to people that are trying to help you that they are an "an exceptional player" but have you considered that maybe you are a below average player? i mean that is fine but what is NOT fine is refusing to get better when there is CLEAR ways to get better available to you.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    OP please read this instead of coming off as a whiny person, you keep saying to people that are trying to help you that they are an "an exceptional player" but have you considered that maybe you are a below average player? i mean that is fine but what is NOT fine is refusing to get better when there is CLEAR ways to get better available to you.

Couple of things:
    1. Maryal is not the OP. I am. You'd think that someone with 1,500+ comments on this board, would have the rudimentary ability to differentiate between users by looking at the names of the users they are replying to.
    2. This has nothing to do with skill.
    3. Your opinion of me couldn't possibly be any less relevant to me or this discussion.

• OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    If you are on the PS4 EU Server i wil help you, just drop me a line and when i am back home we can nuke the boss together. And by the way, you need to find a better guild, 3 guilds and no one responds to a rather simple request is just bad :wink:

NA - PC but thanks for the offer. Yeah, these guilds are pretty much duds. Guild hopping it is!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Couple of things:
    1. Maryal is not the OP. I am. You'd think that someone with 1,500+ comments on this board, would have the rudimentary ability to differentiate between users by looking at the names of the users they are replying to.
    2. This has nothing to do with skill.
    3. Your opinion of me couldn't possibly be any less relevant to me or this discussion.

K.
  • OrbitStorm
    OrbitStorm
    ✭✭
    Use one of a half dozen methods to boost your own mobility?

You can also kite him up the stairs and jump off in the middle, avoiding about half of his chase. NPC pathing in this game is far from exceptional. He'll be forced to follow you back down, but he'll go the long way.

If you can't face tank him or dodge the big attacks, use the environment to your advantage.

The First is quite manageable.

Also, on a side note:
    • Game's not "dying," so save that drama for another thread.
    • The zone you're in was new quite some time ago, so of course it's not going to be as highly populated as other areas. Just because people are not where you are doesn't mean there aren't loads of people online.

Kiting was the first thing I tried. I generally do that with all mini-bosses as a precaution. Unfortunately, my bow is far underpowered by comparison to DW, so I inevitably ran out of stamina while kiting.

As for zone population, like I've stated above, I rarely bump into other players, vanilla content or not, unless I'm doing dolmens or idling in town.

• Approveddd
    Approveddd
    Soul Shriven
    feels like you've been trying to hard and failed due to lack of gear or maybe the 'wrong' skills, if you can't do something move on to the next part.. if theres too many things you can't skip i suggest you get better gear or use gear that will make you more sustainable.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, stamina nightblades tend towards being glass cannons. Squishy, but do tons of damage. From my own stamina characters, I'd second the advice to look at using the DW skills flurry and twin slashes, especially the flurry morph bloodcraze - those are the skills that kept my stam sorcs alive while leveling. Now, as others have said, there are plenty of options if DW isn't your preferred weapons.

Fighting bosses at low or no CP isn't easy. There's a reason why the loading screens say that "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day." At 25 CP, you've got the ability to level up some more, keeping in mind that you lost the benefits of battle-scaling at level 50 and won't be back at full power until you have CP 160 gear. At this point, the First is scaled to CP 160, you are at CP 25. He's as difficult as he'll ever be, but you can still get better sustain, resources, damage, and mitigation from gaining in champion points.

For food, you may not be able to buy the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe, but you certain can buy the drink people make with that recipe. The drink itself is fairly common, unlike the recipe which became so best in slot that its nigh impossible to find even at unreasonable prices. Better luck waiting until next year's Jester Festival if you really want the recipe. In the meantime, a blue health/stam food, or Dubious Camoran Throne's health/stam/stam regen will be good.

I understand that its frustrating to encounter content that seems badly balanced for your class and build, especially when it feels like it comes with no warning. The answer here may be to adapt your set-up or tactics to overcome your disadvantages or the answer might be to walk away and come back later. That's up to you.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=14728&ItemNamePattern=Recipe:+Dubious+Camoran+Throne

I believe you said you are on PC, in case you are interested. I'm not sure I can help you here otherwise.

Good luck!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Valor
    Valor
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I know you said you're PC-NA, you can always drop me a line and if I'm online I'll come help. I can do all DLC stuff for another...week? until my sub dies. Then I'll only be good for base game stuff until I renew, but still us nightblades gotta stick together. Feel free to friend @Drachesoul I can also try to help ya with your guild issue :P
    Miniskirt Enthusiast

Jacob Black|DC|Nightblade|Emped on 9/8/17

#TeamJacob
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have spent the last hour trying to down "The First", which is easily my most complicated solo delve experience yet, with no luck. Despite having 24k stamina at CP25, I'm getting nowhere.

Not only is this boss rather fast, he has an AOE snatch and his whirlwind is unavoidable without sprinting for 10-15 seconds, by which time, you've burnt through most of your stamina and have no way to use spells/skills to actually do damage. As a nightblade, I cannot use max stam or stam recovery food or I wouldn't be able to take a hit at all (using health recovery food atm). Nightblades cannot effectively tackle this boss, which is ridiculous.

Yes, I've tried asking for assistance in /zone. No, there are no other players doing this delve because, well, no one plays. I'm currently in three guilds, one of which is a trading guild, and neither of these guilds (despite having a substantial number of players online), are interested in lending a hand.

Seems this game is much too reliant on grouping for a mostly-dead, apathetic community.

Consider nerfing this boss a bit to make solo play possible. Thanks.

DLC Bosses and even Delve Bosses are supposed to be more challenging. You should be able to solo it at CP 25, though. If you can't the reason is you don't know some basics:
    Use Stamina potions - you should have TONS.
    Use cloak if you need a few seconds to recover
    Never run on a Stamina NB. Do ANYTHING but run. Hop, roll, whatever anything but run. Remember that when you dodge roll you have about 1-2 seconds after the animation ends when the dodge is still active. So space your dodge rolls with several seconds in between.
    Have you tried using a bow with scattershot, venom arrow, volley, etc? Keep your distance and use skills that interrupt his cast. If he's chasing you use trap beast (Fighters guild) or something to root him like agony. So trap beast - volley - venom arrow and if he tries to cast - scattershot then swap bars to buff up then rinse repeat. I haven't done that one in over a year, so if something I said doesn't work just adapt. Also just for kicks put some poison on that bow again you should have tons.