The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

GAMES DEAD?

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is willing to log in and check?

I'm not going to do it.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got an insightful from me because you are right.

This game is absolutely dead.
    And you know why?
    Well this might blow your mind.
    But 2012 the sky has fallen in real life.
    So technically ESO could have never come to life.
    Therefore it is dead.
    Edited by Slack on October 19, 2017 12:59PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Dredlord wrote: »
    It's dying now faster than before because of the rampant cheating and ZOS refusal to communicate or curb it in any way.

I have seen it over and over in other mmo's, cheating is ignored and the game dies fast. MMO deals with cheating swiftly and harshly and the game survives and flourishes.

The more cheating is ignored, the more people resort to cheating. Even the cheaters hate being cheated and then they all quit...

What kind of cheating? Animation cancel? :sigh:

[Snip]

No not animation cancel, go educate yourself it's all over the forums.

[Edited to remove flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 20, 2017 1:06PM
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must lead a very boring life if this is how you endeavor to amuse yourself.
    Edited by MercTheMage on October 19, 2017 4:37PM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime time Vivec is pop locked on NA server basically every day. Usually two bars on the other CP campaign. I haven’t checked no CP campaign. Battlegrounds is always full, every time i que it’s damn near instant group. You’ll see some of the player names several times over but it mixes it up a lot. PvE areas always have lots of people in the major cities. I still see players running around morrowind. I don’t think the game is dead by any means.

Though I’d love to see some changes to cyrodiil.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp in elder scrolls was a brave experiment, just because it died on its backside doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth trying

Pve however is swarming, my guild did an experiment to work out how many instances there were at one time, we stood in belkarth at the same spot dressed the same way, a bit crude and the numbers swing around a bit but our best estimate was upwards of two hundred separate layers of the game all at once, and it wasn’t even prime time :D

It ain’t dead, I can tell you that for nothing B)
    Edited by Integral1900 on October 19, 2017 5:31PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The talk of pop and game dying is getting dull. And so counter productive, it's certainly not gong to help matters.

Pop in the times i play how i play is ok for me, but BG pop does need a few more players
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so dead that I routinely have more people online at any given time in friends list and guild rosters than I've seen in a couple years.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    #1 problem with eso is there are a ton of players on but none are in the same guild and we are all out of touch. If we ditched the 5 guild system or had guilds that held 5000 members rather than 500 ( cause lets be honest in my guilds that hold 300+ members maybe 20 are in at a time and at least 100 in each have been offline for over a month) we would be able to organize group events,dungeon raids,ect...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is still alive. We still have ...
    1. a mass of players in a zerg, fighting, dying, and running back ( Chalamo, bridge/gates, etcetera)
    2. player(s) farming a resource or hoping for a small scale fight
    3. groups (and/or pug zergs) that take keeps and fight with defenders
    4. players capping resources for points shortly before the time is up

However, the massive changes that were made earlier this year to sustain, to gear qualities, and other things forced some of us "old-timers" to change how we play and the gear that we farmed so long to aquire and probably "golded". The massive changes were disheartening in that it demonstrated the tenuous nature of our play style and gear in the hands of those who make the decisions.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve played since launch on xbox na, mainly in PVP. Is the game dead? I don’t know. Most of my old friends are gone and the guilds are dead but there are a ton of new players. Some of us OG players still play together and now are trying to teach the new ones.
    Edited by Karivaa on October 19, 2017 7:41PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem is the instancing, I would like to see less instances so the game feels more populated and maybe it would stop so many of these threads. But I would only like to see this if it wouldn't increase lag too much.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    5 of my guild left game in the last week. PvP is slowly dieing.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the combat is great. There are a few things that need addressing, but overall its a blast. I play everyday with no more than 6 people. We COMBAT farm, not ap farm. The goal is to put ourselves in situations where we are out numbered and fight till we are overrun. The fighting in a 4v 7 or something similar is exciting ave challenging. I can't think of a better game for this style of pvp.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the combat is great. There are a few things that need addressing, but overall its a blast. I play everyday with no more than 6 people. We COMBAT farm, not ap farm. The goal is to put ourselves in situations where we are out numbered and fight till we are overrun. The fighting in a 4v 7 or something similar is exciting ave challenging. I can't think of a better game for this style of pvp.

ESO has some of the best combat I have ever seen in any game period. The PvP combat system, by any standard, plays extremely well. This is coming from both a veteran of MMOs and other game genres. Combat is very good.

The problem is the devs aren't/haven't done anything to expand on it or bring more people into PvP (which is what they should be doing). I honestly believe that they just stumbled into making a good game, (this wasn't planned, they didn't know what they were making), and just haphazardly made this legitimately great combat system. It was all by luck. This is evidenced by the fact that they likely don't know what they're doing, just look at the changes made, the biggest one being the Morrowind update which was just absolutely awful. Really took things in the wrong direction.
    Edited by Betsararie on October 20, 2017 12:32AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

ESO has some of the best combat I have ever seen in any game period. The PvP combat system, by any standard, plays extremely well. This is coming from both a veteran of MMOs and other game genres. Combat is very good.

The problem is the devs aren't/haven't done anything to expand on it or bring more people into PvP (which is what they should be doing). I honestly believe that they just stumbled into making a good game, (this wasn't planned, they didn't know what they were making), and just haphazardly made this legitimately great combat system. It was all by luck. This is evidenced by the fact that they likely don't know what they're doing, just look at the changes made, the biggest one being the Morrowind update which was just absolutely awful. Really took things in the wrong direction.

Aye. I like the quick reactionary based pvp without the slow cast times (for honour) or qte combat of other games. One moment you could be bashing away at someone, the next they line up a combo and bonk you.

Pity balance is pathetic, the game is laggy (bit better) and the main openworld pvp is still the same zergy ping-pong between centre boring keeps (rarely a scroll) and there isn't really much to do.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO is far from perfect but certainly not dead....not dead at all!!!

Some examples....you can easily find PvE groups or casual people to hang around for World Bosses Dolmens etc..
    Battlegrounds start very quickly. Cyro is also very full during prime time: I always end up queuing.

So, in a nutshell, plenty of people to play, fight, trade with!!

A different question is.....is TESO Perfect? No but IMO it is still the best MMORPG out there to fit my needs (mix of PvE & PvP in a NON Korean sauce)
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs don't have a vision worth giving them money, every change they have made has lost the game its flavor.

Taking away the unique buffs for bland Major/Minor buffs, the Champion Point system for entitled brats, the constant over/under buff and nerf cycles, failing to balance pve and pvp separately, the Emp system, destroying siege warfare, consistent lag, magicka-melee is dead, giving players WAY too much control over the UI, and the community is sour grapes.

Forced playstyle is a terrible design strategy, they never really expanded on the game they had in Alpha and Beta, they dumbed it down and stripped it of its seasoning..

The game was about freedom, that freedom has been lost.

Theres no attack speed, cross-character combinations, add-ons do all the work, they never expanded their weaponry; spears (1 + 2), scepters/wands, crossbows (1h + 2), scythes/sickles, DOTs are weak stand-alone..

Bland game.. is bland.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    The game is dead, for both PvP and pve.
    If you like pve well, I don't know why you would play this game anyway there are far far better pve games than this. Go play an arpg or even wow or something.
    This games special appeal was always PvP whether the casual elder Scrolls fans like it or not.
    PvP drove this game to succeed
    Massive PvP fights was what gained this game so many players and retained so many for so long.
    On console there wasn't even anything close and on pc, not much.
    PvP drove this game, the whole twitch community was pvpers, most of the long term guilds too
    But the PvP was left to rot with stupid bugs and unnecessary changes to slow down combat and empower zergs.
    Now this game averages about 200 viewers on twitch and gets like 5k players on Steam.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Thoughts? From veteran players?
    Well not sure about what platform you play on most of the time but Xbox na?? Far from it

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/UnfadingSilence/video/38194292

Clips from yesterday
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the bots and gold sellers in zone chat I would say this game is far from dead. Point being if no one played the game then why would companies try selling gold to no one?

On xb NA game is very much a live we lost a few long time players but they been replaced by a lot more fresh blood. As long as new people continue to join the game it stays alive. The game will be dead when nobody new joins and it’s nothing but the same old players.

100% agree lost some players but got a lot of EU players as well
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the other day when I logged onto 3 different toons on different factions into the 30day pvp just to get a few AP points to see how many people are playing in the 30day all factions where sitting around 9000-11000 "and ya I understand some of those are guys who play other toons as well but still numbers are looking good Xbox NA btw
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Thoughts? From veteran players?

It's not dead.

But... it's on life support and unless they fix all the pvp exploits it will be dead.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    While we appreciate feedback, this thread has not been terribly constructive. Because of this, we are going to go ahead and close it down.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.