The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

GAMES DEAD?

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Thoughts? From veteran players?
Edited by regime211 on October 17, 2017 8:58PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    click bate
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It died a long time ago. In the first cinematic actually. Unfortunately, Mannimarco sacrificed it, trapped its soul, gave it to Molag Bal, and now ZOS needs the help of 10 million+ players to defeat Molag Bal once and for all so that ESO can reclaim its soul from Oblivion and lead a fulfilling life.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Far from dead but pvp is probably at it's bottom so far atleast at PC eu. You have 2 full campings at prime time and kyne is usally at 2 bars per faction at best. The amount of guilds are super low in pvp aswell compaired with thifes guild for example or pre 1.6
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's celebrate and be merry. Light candles, eat koliva and drink wine! :)
    Edited by Asardes on October 17, 2017 9:15PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOMBBBIEEE!!!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, it's in a slump. In its current state it is falling. It might be because the summer hype and morrowind has died down, and everyone is playing the latest GOTM or back to school/collage/uni. Or it might be the multi year issues, lack of communication or acknowledgment by the devs.

Any streamer that plays ESO outside of warden is depressed.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 22, 2017 11:33PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Honestly, yes. In its current state it is falling. It might be because the summer hype and morrowind has died down, and everyone is playing the latest GOTM or back to school/collage/uni. Or it might be the multi year issues, lack of communication or acknowledgment by the devs.

Any streamer that plays ESO outside of warden is depressed.

If you played the same build over and over again then of course it'll get boring. I've never watched any streamer not run the same Meta forever. They have their one set (albeit the best) of gear/skills/CPs and that's that.

If you never venture into unique and niche builds, like half the game is gone
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is willing to log in and check?
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah game is dead af. I don't mean that there's not a lot of active players, the zerg still goes strong. But PVP is worse than ever. Everyone is a tank and they've taken away all the OP stuff that made the game fun for gankers/bombers and other "exploiters". It was a lot more fun when everyone did DPS even if it was unbalanced. I'd rather that than all sword and board. At this point they should just rename it World of Tanks lol.

I honestly don't get how some of you can still no life it. Yall that play 10+ hours a day. Seriously.......how? It's not fun anymore. I got on probably 10 times in the past couple weeks and couldn't play after half an hour or so.
    Edited by a1i3nz on October 18, 2017 2:51AM
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the endless magsorcs spamming shields and streak in Cyrodiil combined with a complete lack of overall balance and performance. That's why all my PvP friends quit. It's sad but when one class is that OP, what can you expect?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Thoughts? From veteran players?

confused24.gif
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to me pvp is dead. for a game thats been out for years, not much has changed in cryodill. whoever can create a game that is just cryodill pvp would make a lot of money.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    to me pvp is dead. for a game thats been out for years, not much has changed in cryodill. whoever can create a game that is just cryodill pvp would make a lot of money.

We've also had Vvardenfell PvP for the last 4 months, didn't we? :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    pvp is not dead as long as you farm ap and convert them for pve uses - great way to get gold and gear and skills
    join the zerg
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie. Yet with strange aeons even death may die..."

or

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger"
    Edited by Xvorg on October 18, 2017 2:11PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie. Yet with strange aeons even death may die..."

or

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger"

It actually dies every Monday morning and rises in the afternoon. Sometimes it dies a bit again for a few hours after giving messages in yellow. So every incremental patch is basically some sort of Easter holiday ;)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Yeah game is dead af. I don't mean that there's not a lot of active players, the zerg still goes strong. But PVP is worse than ever. Everyone is a tank and they've taken away all the OP stuff that made the game fun for gankers/bombers and other "exploiters". It was a lot more fun when everyone did DPS even if it was unbalanced. I'd rather that than all sword and board. At this point they should just rename it World of Tanks lol.

I honestly don't get how some of you can still no life it. Yall that play 10+ hours a day. Seriously.......how? It's not fun anymore. I got on probably 10 times in the past couple weeks and couldn't play after half an hour or so.

Because we find a substantial combat that is more than x y b dead, next player, combat to be rewarding. We can live without 1vX ing 10 players because of horribly designed sets and enjoy a back and forth combat involving thought and counter play.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »

Because we find a substantial combat that is more than x y b dead, next player, combat to be rewarding. We can live without 1vX ing 10 players because of horribly designed sets and enjoy a back and forth combat involving thought and counter play.

He said substantial combat lmao

Have fun with that zergy mess of dks and templar pugs that weren't around for the good old days (which have LONG passed)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Far from dead but pvp is probably at it's bottom so far atleast at PC eu. You have 2 full campings at prime time and kyne is usally at 2 bars per faction at best. The amount of guilds are super low in pvp aswell compaired with thifes guild for example or pre 1.6

Pop always drops quite a bit when the PTS server comes up.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    pvp is not dead as long as you farm ap and convert them for pve uses - great way to get gold and gear and skills
    join the zerg

join the zerg. lol. Some people actually enjoy the fighting part of the game. Zerging is skill-less nonsense, not really something to be proud of.
    Edited by Betsararie on October 19, 2017 2:22AM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's dying now faster than before because of the rampant cheating and ZOS refusal to communicate or curb it in any way.

I have seen it over and over in other mmo's, cheating is ignored and the game dies fast. MMO deals with cheating swiftly and harshly and the game survives and flourishes.

The more cheating is ignored, the more people resort to cheating. Even the cheaters hate being cheated and then they all quit...
    Edited by Dredlord on October 19, 2017 2:32AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    join the zerg

And any half decent organised small scale raid can destroy overwhelming zergs with ease, so keep zerging, us organised PvP`ers like farming zergs :p>:)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss 1v so much <\3
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    join the zerg

And any half decent organised small scale raid can destroy overwhelming zergs with ease, so keep zerging, us organised PvP`ers like farming zergs :p>:)

let's see...

zerg group dead to other zerg group after 1 hour farming , 300k ap , non stop reward mails with gold and gear - decostract to mats - repair , buy siege, reapet.....
    when gold vendor arive - buy all gold rings helms

l
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    join the zerg

let's see...

zerg group dead to other zerg group after 1 hour farming , 300k ap , non stop reward mails with gold and gear - decostract to mats - repair , buy siege, reapet.....
    when gold vendor arive - buy all gold rings helms

l

See, win win ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With all the bots and gold sellers in zone chat I would say this game is far from dead. Point being if no one played the game then why would companies try selling gold to no one?

On xb NA game is very much a live we lost a few long time players but they been replaced by a lot more fresh blood. As long as new people continue to join the game it stays alive. The game will be dead when nobody new joins and it’s nothing but the same old players.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on October 19, 2017 9:59AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not dead, just towards the end of a dungeons-only expansion and thus quite boring to most long-term players. sadly though, I'm not really thrilled by cwc (Balance changes will change builds but I don't really think the overall playstyle will be affected, the new trial is okay but kinda annoying with a huge gap beween farming imperfect weapons w/ easy and the difficulty required for the perfect weapons, and last but not least i've had far more than enough of the dwemer/cloakwork theme)
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They game will be dead when nobody new joins and it’s nothing but the same old players.

This is true, and also true of guilds, in all games.

ESO seems to be doing fine to me.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't PvP for 4 weeks now and every end of the week I try to login and read topics like this and am demotivated and play other games.

It's sad but true, but people like me, not logging in are also part of the problem that PvP is dying. But seeing the cheat-ons, meta, proc sets, poisons go rampart I have zero urge to play PvP.

Yeah, someone will throw another: "omg, again another what kills me is a problem in PvP. L2P blabla"... reply but most of the "problems" mentioned are said by many people who play(ed) PvP.

Is it dead? Depends on what @ZOS_GinaBruno is about to announce about changes to PvP. Until then, and depending on what the announcement is, I feel little urge to enter cyrodill (or Tamriel for that matter because PvE is to boring).
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    It's dying now faster than before because of the rampant cheating and ZOS refusal to communicate or curb it in any way.

I have seen it over and over in other mmo's, cheating is ignored and the game dies fast. MMO deals with cheating swiftly and harshly and the game survives and flourishes.

The more cheating is ignored, the more people resort to cheating. Even the cheaters hate being cheated and then they all quit...

What kind of cheating? Animation cancel? :sigh:

Honestly, im not sure if the game is dying. PVP is dying for sure, i used to take resources near keeps and pepole actually showed up.
    2 weeks before today that i actually played, i waited like 20 minutes in prime time just to get zerged by 30 pepole in a sick lag.
    And many veteran players quitting this game, after 3 years of playing simply cuz ZOS force us to play the way that casuals can compete with 3 years gained knowledge. Player base is decreasing by alot if u look at steam,
    Eventually i believe ZOS will lose it core players just for casuals who will leave this game sooner or later cuz they are not dedicated enough to take the long route of improving themselve's as we did, investing too much efforts which feels like a waste to quit.

ALSO, since the beta pvp havent changed at all, no new and cool content, so eventually if u do enjoy it, u gotta take a break to get this passion pumped up again. -Pretty sad, still best pvp combat system ive seen.
    Edited by amir412 on October 19, 2017 11:17AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

This discussion has been closed.