The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Earthgore - The Zerg Set

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    When going through group comps before raid and the group lead is like...type EG to check how many we got then there is a problem with the set lol. needs to be toned down at least a little.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I
    Mazbt wrote: »
    When going through group comps before raid and the group lead is like...type EG to check how many we got then there is a problem with the set lol. needs to be toned down at least a little.

Yea it's just silly how effective it is. It's way too good at covering players' mistakes. If players want to stand in a stationary destro then let them die, don't give them a set that almost encourages them to stand in ground damage so eg procs and negates whatever is there. It's my firm belief that ultimates should only be able to be directly countered with ultimates. This is why you can't reflect meteor anymore. Should take a negate to remove a ground ultimate and nothing else.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you to death and have great respect for you but please just stop. Your guild was rocking at least 8 players with Earthgore last night. I was made to farm earthgore because your team runs Earthgore. No other reason. I watched our pugs push into you on the bridge for over 30 minutes until raid started and we fought you 5 times and the sheer number of Earthgore procs were ridiculous.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I love you to death and have great respect for you but please just stop. Your guild was rocking at least 8 players with Earthgore last night. I was made to farm earthgore because your team runs Earthgore. No other reason. I watched our pugs push into you on the bridge for over 30 minutes until raid started and we fought you 5 times and the sheer number of Earthgore procs were ridiculous.

We had 12 people in group last night and I think maybe 3 eg tops. We had 3 healers in group and 2 of them had 2 5 piece sets and master resto. The other healer had trans and he might have been wearing it idk, I think 1 of our Stam sorcs was wearing it, could have been both idk. Then we had 4 nbs running grothdarr as their monster set, a mag sorc DPS in spinners and vd so no room for eg and then 2 support sorcs that I don't think were wearing it but idk what they wear anymore. In a usual raid where we have 16 players we have 6 earthgore tops. 3 healers in it, support warden and 2 Stam support in it. My question to you is, how many in your group had eg last night?

Also just because people use a set doesn't mean it isn't bad for the game. Why would we intentionally gimp our builds and run something that isn't best in slot.
    Edited by asneakybanana on October 19, 2017 3:28PM
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    There's an AD guild, you probably know the one, Sneaky, that crutches so hard on earthgore that they might as well be Walter Jr. from Breaking Bad
    Edited by Nihilos on October 19, 2017 4:19PM
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore is most certainly overpowered and over-performing in PvP, especially in coordinated raids. Seeing as how the set is neither bugged nor linked to any exploit, raid leads would be (foolishly) ignoring an obvious advantage to their group if they did not push the set on their group members. Honestly though, it isn't really an advantage anymore, it is a disadvantage (for most groups) if you don't have it. Running the set puts you back on a level playing field.

I would like to see the set adjusted to make it less stupid. The play against negates and other ground-placed abilities is interesting and it is nice on some level to have a proc heal that ridiculous. I love wearing it when healing in PvE so that it can save someone if I am distracted or being lazy. But really, that is NOT a good reason to keep the set as is. :smile:

Perhaps something like this: Reduce the size of the AoE heal. Change the negate effect, but don't remove it. Make it so that the AoE of the heal is a negate field. All negative ground-placed effects are non-functional only while the AoE heal lasts. No negating of negates, just a small negate field for a few seconds. This would probably (unfortunately) encourage more of those pesky tank builds, but it would force groups to use EG in a more tactical manner if they actually want to benefit fully from the set. Nerf the heal a bit too. The heal is crazy good in PvP, not to even mention PvE. If people use it in PvE on an actual healer spec, they don't need the heal to be that big.

Something like that might maintain the usefulness of the set in PvE, while changing it in PvP to a decent choice of set among other decent set choices.

I look forward to the set's eventual nerf and the ability to return to allowing myself the ability to be a bit more creative in the choice of gear that I wear to PvP. Until then, you will see the earthgore continuing to rain down and will see such silliness like two raid groups just standing in each others' damage and their EG blood rain. :neutral:
    Edited by Capsaica on October 19, 2017 5:12PM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any comment on the balance of this set @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel really hope we don't have to wait for the update after CWC for a change.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthgore is an especially *** set to deal with when outnumbered as a solo player. It's bad enough that a solo players are virtually helpless to stop greater numbers from getting a res off.

But now earthgore procs will literally hold the hands of groups and protect them from the multitude of mistakes they'll typically make while zerging someone down.

I'm not suggesting that ZOS make balance changes in the interest of making it easier to 1vX, they should just avoid these dumb design choices in the first place. Things that enable bad groups players to perform at artificially higher levels of skill.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drastically reduce cool down and make it self only. Make it solo friendly so I can abuse it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running recently with some of my old VE friends in a group of 9ish against. We ran into a large yellow group about twice our size that literally would not push us until both earthgore and all ultimates were ready to counter our ONE bomb blade. Any time I tried to burst one of their 30k HP players (which was all of them), I would immediately have all damage undone by an earthgore proc. To top it off, they were running snare/immobilize poisons just to be that extra level of cheese.

Earthgore is a stupid and brokenly powerful set. Anyone who thinks that balance is a 2 piece set that can completely negate ground effects and ultimates and burst heal all allies in an area back to full health almost instantly... is delusional.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I was running recently with some of my old VE friends in a group of 9ish against. We ran into a large yellow group about twice our size that literally would not push us until both earthgore and all ultimates were ready to counter our ONE bomb blade. Any time I tried to burst one of their 30k HP players (which was all of them), I would immediately have all damage undone by an earthgore proc. To top it off, they were running snare/immobilize poisons just to be that extra level of cheese.

Earthgore is a stupid and brokenly powerful set. Anyone who thinks that balance is a 2 piece set that can completely negate ground effects and ultimates and burst heal all allies in an area back to full health almost instantly... is delusional.

I thought it was one player only, now I read it as single target, but AoE heal pb effect.

Maybe make the heal just a single target heal? Wouldn't that make it playable and not OP?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

I thought it was one player only, now I read it as single target, but AoE heal pb effect.

Maybe make the heal just a single target heal? Wouldn't that make it playable and not OP?

That would make it more balanced for sure. A couple other people in this thread suggested making Earthgore either heal or negate ultimates and whatnot, but both is just too powerful, and to make things better the heal from earthgore might actually be uncapped allowing it to be the only AoE heal that can affect more than 6 allies at a time. This may just be the Earthgore hate making me paranoid though.

Earthgore is also an example of a mixed signal from ZOS. They say things like, "healing, and tankiness is out of control in PvP, so we want to nerf trees, and remove the damage mitigation from remembrance, doubled the cost of block in a given unit of time, etc" and then they release Earthgore which massively increases healing burst potential in PvP... ZOS make up your mind.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta be honest, now that I know exactly how this set works, I'm like, how the #$&+ did you release this?

I mean VD was created for the sole purpose of promoting people to spread out, this is like, "joking!! :trollface: "
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta be honest, now that I know exactly how this set works, I'm like, how the #$&+ did you release this?

I mean VD was created for the sole purpose of promoting people to spread out, this is like, "joking!! :trollface: "
    It's almost as if the dev team doesn't have a consistent well defined design policy...
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things like this make me wonder if these people even step foot in cyro at all. Like it's their job to properly balance this game
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vd was made to promote spreading out and yet the only time I encounter it is wan getting zerged down and the 1 guy next to me proccing it on me. Usually when i see 5 people charging me I don't bother fighting I ts pointless with all the cheese around I make a hasty retreat.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This set needs a huge nerf in PvP asap, heals are strong as it is and theres no need for a huge heal proc on low health enemies.

Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Earthgore is an especially *** set to deal with when outnumbered as a solo player. It's bad enough that a solo players are virtually helpless to stop greater numbers from getting a res off.

But now earthgore procs will literally hold the hands of groups and protect them from the multitude of mistakes they'll typically make while zerging someone down.

I'm not suggesting that ZOS make balance changes in the interest of making it easier to 1vX, they should just avoid these dumb design choices in the first place. Things that enable bad groups players to perform at artificially higher levels of skill.

Design choices seem to be decided by what Wrobel thinks would look cool, or not look cool.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Necro for video evidence of how bad this set is.

It really needs a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-nWXkud2E&feature=youtu.be
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock