The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP vs Non CP in PvP

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
CP = 75% build, 25% playing skill
Non CP= 25% build, 75% playing skill

Now before the CP people freak out, I have almost 800CP and really enjoy fine tuning my build, but the point remains I can take a bad player, give him the exact gear, tell him the exact rotation and send him into Cyrodil with enough CP and he will win most fights by the end of his first day---- you take that same player into a battleground match, and if the other guys dodges a few times, blocks at the right time and lands enough shots before he does, he will lose.- and he will lose to just about any build that is even moderately viable, while in CP some builds just will not kill others, period.

I would really like to see some kind of compromise, I feel like we used to have it, before weapon Ults. I'm not sure if weapon Ult's are to blame, but the current Meta of stack 3 sheilds, stay alive with 3000 regen or whatever, until a bunch of my friends can all hit destro ult's at the same time is..... well garbage. The game population is lower, battles in CP can be extremely frustrating 1/2 the time with no winner or 15 guys chasing one guy around for 10 minutes, it's just not good for the game.

I would think somewhere in the middle is the answer. Raise base damage a lot. Ult's should be a bonus, not the end game. Do something about the regen builds, if you want to tank or sheild stack great, but to sheild stack and still do really good damage? Your forcing everyone to play the same 2 or 3 ultra survivable builds, what happened to the glass cannons of yesterday? I miss them.--- You had tank, you had DPs, you had choices and compromise, I would just like to see us get back to that...... it was a better game.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4.2k regen boiiiiiii.

Though to be fair the Clannfear heal costs 6.2k so I need that kind of regen.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, You're wrong, neither form requires more skill. One simply offers more balanced gameplay for objective based games(BGs) because it makes it much harder to use the rule sets of specific game modes and the controlled environment(never more than 8 people damaging you at once) to create a build that is designed to cheese wins and ruin fun.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill nothing. This game is all about numbers. People don't just walk into a Non CP Campaign and suddenly replace their missing CP with moar skill, they recreate their Builds to offset the difference.

CP is a crutch that ZOS has required us to have in order to do well in the End Game. If it were all removed there would be a LOT of complaining, newbies and vets alike until it eventually fades into being the norm.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 CP butthurt -- oops, too late!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Inb4 CP butthurt -- oops, too late!

If these responses are "butthurt" what kind of retorts would you consider to not be "butthurt"?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is garbage and needs to be completely removed from the game and a formal apology given to the community for ever thinking of it.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is garbage and needs to be completely removed from the game and a formal apology given to the community for ever thinking of it.

Ya, lets go back to VR.

Remember finishing all the PVE options via cadwell and being stuck at vr3-4? Remember how painful it was grinding all that XP to get to VR6?

To hell with that.

Sure the pvp was better but we are past that now. CP has made us all dumb fat and lazy, which for a lot of people here is one heck of a leap given they were already 80% of the way there via genetic disposition. ZOS cant go back on CP, admitting the core post story line leveling mechanic as a bust AGAIN after the VR fiasco?

Of course its possible, look at all the whales they have now. They probably could pull it off. The player base now is to busy arguing over the pricing of cosmetics.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Skill nothing. This game is all about numbers. People don't just walk into a Non CP Campaign and suddenly replace their missing CP with moar skill, they recreate their Builds to offset the difference.

CP is a crutch that ZOS has required us to have in order to do well in the End Game. If it were all removed there would be a LOT of complaining, newbies and vets alike until it eventually fades into being the norm.

Let's be fair. This is true of every single change ZOS has brought into the game, and would be true if ZOS suddenly decided that all PVP was to be CP-enabled instead.