The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Light armor question

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Is it possible to be as tanky in light armor through cp and gear as you would be in heavy? My base defence is 15k in heavy armor if i were to get to 15k in light armor would it be the same or is there other factors that contribute?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleverer people than me will give you a better answer but the short answer is no
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as tanky, but you can build to be more tanky in light than you could in medium. Wizard's Riposte, Transmutation, etc. are all your friends.

IMO don't go with light unless you're a magic sorc or in no CP, though. You'll usually end up with better defense and about as much damage with heavy.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we literally just had a thread on this very question: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376128/light-armor-question

Wait, you started that thread. Any reason for the repeat?
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stats are stats. If you have 15k resistances and 20k hp, you will be equally tanky, whether you achieve that in light or heavy armour.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can be tanky in light if you know how to build for maximum mitigation and it doesn't matter if it's cp or no cp. Light just takes a bigger learning curve outside of sorc, you'll get punished more often for making silly mistakes. And in cp it's even easier to achieve, so I don't know where people are going with that.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had like 27k resistances on medium armor before. It's definitely possible
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im almost as tanky in wizards riposte as I'm in 5 heavy on my magplar. Overall Overhelming surge +Riposte given me much more success than any 5 heavy setup I tried since the sustain cp nerfs.
    I just have to be more careful with my stampool.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of ways to be tanky in light armor...
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Stats are stats. If you have 15k resistances and 20k hp, you will be equally tanky, whether you achieve that in light or heavy armour.

This is what i was looking for thank you.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Not true...

In Heavy you will have that Passive that increases your Healing Recieved; it makes a very significant difference on your ability to recover from damage sustained compared to Light Armor...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s