The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind Collector's Edition Content

Qahnaarin
Qahnaarin
Soul Shriven
So I received the basic Morrowind update as a gift, but really wanted the Collectors Edition. Is there any way or chance that I can buy the Collectors Edition & download the content or will it not allow me because I technically already have it?
Saewen of Hallow Eves: Wood Elf Nightblade (Dark Brotherhood Silencer/Werewolf)
Xiithaara Beast-Master: Wood Elf Warden
Little Toe Bean Mush Pie: Khajiit Nightblade (Thieves Guild Master Thief)
Nikaasha the Damned: Dark Elf Dragonknight (Vampire)
Cherry Poppin Daddy: Nord Dragonknight
  • Camelonn
    Camelonn
    I think you can, but you'll have tu pay the full upgrade price of Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade.
    I personnaly own the collector edition, I don't think paying the full price is worth it for the few extra stuff you'll get... (since you already have morrowind)
    Edited by Camelonn on October 23, 2017 1:36AM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qahnaarin wrote: »
    So I received the basic Morrowind update as a gift, but really wanted the Collectors Edition. Is there any way or chance that I can buy the Collectors Edition & download the content or will it not allow me because I technically already have it?
    The original The Elder Scrolls Online "base game" was distributed on DVD in at least two different "packages" as well as a Collector's Edition, available from game retailers. After the software was installed, the game could be subsequently "upgraded" with the Collector's Edition on DVD, regardless. An upgrade to TESO Collector's Edition was soon available as a "digital download" from ZOS (at a price lower than the retail price of its DVD distribution). That is how I upgraded the original TESO game software that I bought on DVD.

Initially the Morrowind "Chapter" has been distributed on DVDs and sold by game retailers such as Game Stop or online from Amazon (from whom I bought it). If I recall correctly, it is currently available as a "digital download" from the ZOS website. So I suppose that the ZOS website sells a digital download of the Collector's Edition. Perhaps the ZOS website also offers an upgrade to the Collector's Edition for players who have already installed the Morrowind software.

If you have not installed the primary Morrowind "Chapter" yet, then you should not have any problem installing the Morrowind Collector's Edition instead, after you buy it. ZOS doesn't "track" whatever is bought, just what is installed and played.

If you have already installed the primary Morrowind "Chapter", then you should be able to install the Morrowind Collector's Edition as a "upgrade". The bonuses included in the Morrowind Collector's Edition should be available after its installation.

Of course, it would be best to ask the Customer Support staff. However, I have found it impossible to contact them. All links to their part of this website which supposedly allow "contact" either do not work, or lead to a page with a log-in dialog. An attempt to log-in with it will always "fail" without any explanation as to why, even though the log-in credentials are correct. If I attempt to "register" for Customer Support, then the website discovers that I already have an Account and returns me to the Customer Support log-in page. (I don't know what would happen if I attempted to register with a different e-mail address instead of the one that is associated with my Account).

So it is not possible to actually contact anyone who can provide "Customer Support". My guess is that ZOS Online has fired and/or reassigned, all employees who formerly responded to customers asking for aid in resolving issues, leaving only the so-called "knowledge base" (what a laughable corruption of that concept!) and their collection of FAQs.

Since the last week of July (2017), in my experience and observation, the number of other players which I encounter while I'm logged-in to the game has diminished to the number which I ordinarily expected to find before ZOS converted the game to "One Tamriel". Evidently that changeover successfully attracted a huge number of new players. However, the various and sundry changes which the ZOS developers have been making, the increasingly buggy software and the rise in performance issues, and the reductions in the Customer Support and Technical Support staff personnel, have alienated many players.

In other words, ZOS appears to be ever-so-slowly going out of business. It is only a matter of time before the axe falls on almost everyone, if not everyone, who is currently employed by the company. Perchance the game continues to be offered for play, then either ESO Plus benefits will become available to every player without subscription, or they will become entirely unavailable. The only prospective future changes to TESO might be an occasional DLC that players must purchase for ca$h.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 29, 2017 5:17AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi