The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Do we even have a healer??" Oh...uh...ooops

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    1mirg wrote: »
    Though, to be honest. I feel like eso needs to remove the "pick your role" and instead put in a "we will pick your role for you based on your skills, weapons, and CP spec" type of thing.

Wouldn't work. As you can see from the responses here, some people carry resto staffs with them, just in case (and presumably have some healing skills levelled). It would be really easy for a DPS to dupe the system by slotting healing or tanking gear/skills, and swapping back to DPS gear once in the dungeon. The only way it would work is if you couldn't swap your gear/skills out after loading into the dungeon, but people would raise a huge fuss over something like that.

I'd be one of them. Been farming nVaults on my magsorc lately as I wait in forever dps queues. For better survivability/that second boss, I've been swapping out aegis for my pet (keeping everything else the same), but then swapping back to aegis when queue pops.

It also completely eliminates the ability to make on-the-fly build adaptations based on issues with the group or dungeon, or if you're switching between steel tornado for trash and rending slashes for bosses.

All told, more trouble than it's worth, I think.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    I must publicly apologize to the group I joined last night even thought I don't recall their names nor do I know if they read these forums.

I PUG'd a vSelene's for yesterday's pledge, playing my CP330 stamblade. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a group after just a couple minutes. Off we go!

At the first set of trash mobs, I wade in as I normally do, throw out my AOE's and start hacking away...and DEAD. I died fast. No worries, maybe the healer wasn't ready. Onto the next trash mobs. Wade in, slower this time, to allow the healer to react and...DEAD.

"Do we not have a healer???" I ask.

"yeah, it's you." Came the reply.

Sure enough, I look at the group menu and see that I was indeed flagged as the healer. Oh...yeah, last night when my guild group of 1 tank and 3 DPS wanted to run a random, it wouldn't let us without a healer. So I changed my role to DPS+Healer.

I'm an idiot. On the off chance one from that group is reading this...my deepest apologies.

You're not an idiot, man. At all. That's an incredibly easy mistake to make. ha ha ha And you didn't get booted!
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    I made the same mistake once. After saying sorry, the group didnt say a word and ended in a instant kick (instead of vet it was a normal dungeon, wich we could have done easy). Sadly being honest is being punished too :( .

In my opinion even if it's a vet dungeon, kicking you over that is Grade A A-hole elitist behavior. I'd have let you leave the dungeon to get your proper gear and come back, or whatever. Maybe I'm just not in a terribly huge hurry. I'm starting to understand now why people usually won't admit it if they're new to a dungeon (vet or normal).
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    My Sorcerer is either DPS or Heals. I qued as a Healer on her, get in the dungeon, then realize I had left my Healing Staff in the Bank. It was Fungal Grotto I on Normal, so no real need at the time.

Good reason to spend crowns on the banking assistant. :)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    I must publicly apologize to the group I joined last night even thought I don't recall their names nor do I know if they read these forums.

I PUG'd a vSelene's for yesterday's pledge, playing my CP330 stamblade. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a group after just a couple minutes. Off we go!

At the first set of trash mobs, I wade in as I normally do, throw out my AOE's and start hacking away...and DEAD. I died fast. No worries, maybe the healer wasn't ready. Onto the next trash mobs. Wade in, slower this time, to allow the healer to react and...DEAD.

"Do we not have a healer???" I ask.

"yeah, it's you." Came the reply.

Sure enough, I look at the group menu and see that I was indeed flagged as the healer. Oh...yeah, last night when my guild group of 1 tank and 3 DPS wanted to run a random, it wouldn't let us without a healer. So I changed my role to DPS+Healer.

I'm an idiot. On the off chance one from that group is reading this...my deepest apologies.

Kind of dumb. This isn't a church. Apologize when you were in the group.

Yes but that way he can't get attention and karma from others.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least you apologized. Many others can learn from this!