The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Do we even have a healer??" Oh...uh...ooops

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
I must publicly apologize to the group I joined last night even thought I don't recall their names nor do I know if they read these forums.

I PUG'd a vSelene's for yesterday's pledge, playing my CP330 stamblade. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a group after just a couple minutes. Off we go!

At the first set of trash mobs, I wade in as I normally do, throw out my AOE's and start hacking away...and DEAD. I died fast. No worries, maybe the healer wasn't ready. Onto the next trash mobs. Wade in, slower this time, to allow the healer to react and...DEAD.

"Do we not have a healer???" I ask.

"yeah, it's you." Came the reply.

Sure enough, I look at the group menu and see that I was indeed flagged as the healer. Oh...yeah, last night when my guild group of 1 tank and 3 DPS wanted to run a random, it wouldn't let us without a healer. So I changed my role to DPS+Healer.

I'm an idiot. On the off chance one from that group is reading this...my deepest apologies.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you! It's not often I hear people say I am sorry.

Here's my confessions

I was switching to tank from healer on my warden

" I was like this is my first time healing on this character"

Person b responses " Wait I am the healer"

Good thing I still had my frost staff and minor protection is such a great buff. First time healing on a warden was quite the adventure.

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was very bold of you to confess your wrongdoing in group dungeons I give you mad respect.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this, do we have a healer, Yes its you, you big dumb dumb +1 Awesome
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Respect unlike the argonian heavy armor bow spammer who clicked off as healer dps and tank and couldnt do any of the above remotely thwn blames us for wipes
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done the same, luckily i was on a magicka toon so I could use a resto. In a pinch i just offer to switch to a Healer and ask if i could be reinvited.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    That was very bold of you to confess your wrongdoing in group dungeons I give you mad respect.
    Telling its an mistake and offer to leave is the honorable option, we did two dungeons HM in guild run tank tank said he did not have dlc or did not want to run them, it was IcP, I was up for an normal but managed to check the vet one. Told tank it was an mistake but lets try, he admired doing random vet hopping for an easy one. group was to weak so we did normal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I had something like that happen with me too. It's no biggie, just don't make it a common occurrence and you'll be fine. Though, to be honest. I feel like eso needs to remove the "pick your role" and instead put in a "we will pick your role for you based on your skills, weapons, and CP spec" type of thing.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    hats off to you!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you're honest.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    I almost did the same thing yesterday. I had clicked on healer when running normal dungeons with guildmates with everyone planning to self-heal so we could get into the dungeon and forgot to take it off. Thankfully when the popup going into the dungeon said my role was healer I noticed and declined the dungeon. (SAFE!) I probably would have found you funny to be honest. I carry a resto staff to throw a heal or two on the back bar when needed for random dungeons anyway.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I have some RL friends I run dungeons with. Since I'm learning to tank, my friend that usually tanks created a healer. He's teaching me the fights. It's funny as hell when he goes in to pull forgetting that he's not the tank.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krachall ,

I hear you. I just did this myself. My first cue should have been the near-instant pop for a 'DPS' in GF.

It sank in when the healer asked if I was going to tank or not. (Just after 1st boss in F Hold).

I felt so damn bad. The mammoth was a nasty fight too as it was a combo of newbie tanking + severe embarrassment.

So, here's to my FH PUG that didn't boot me, and let me prove I wasn't a total scrub bucket! /cheers!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahha i was in that group with u im sure- unless this sort of thing happens all over the place. i must say u werent so amicable when u asked "wheres our healer?" it came in much stronger language than that- lol.
    all good though- was funny- i voted no for the kick btw :P
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me not too long ago. I changed my role at some point to tank (I was probably drunk since I don't remember ever doing it) and I was about to go off on the tank for not aggroing when I realized I was the tank. We still completed the dungeon with ease but I felt bad.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 15, 2017 7:19AM
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I've seen the opposite happen once where I queued into vet spindleclutch II as a tank and was immediately skeptical when I saw one of the DPS running with sword & board. We start the first boss fight and to my horror the DPS starts taunting. At the end of the fight they commented something along the lines of "weird for some reason I couldn't keep aggro" lmao

I've seen dps queue in before and be unaware that they were taunting the boss with one-handed/frost staff but that was the first time I'd seen tank queue for dps on accident. Blood spawn went fine though so my guess is they queued for both tank/dps and by some miracle a dps role was available first.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    everyone got a 15 minutes cooldown because of you
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep wrote: »
    everyone got a 15 minutes cooldown because of you
    krachall wrote: »
    So I changed my role to DPS+Healer.

One would assume that no, they finished.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heads must roll >:);)>:)
    PC
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah we finished with 2 dps and a tank - hm . we were all max cp though.
    @cyrou
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually i had this happen with a recent low level alt group. The group finder popped at at a boss we kept dying midway through. At some point we asked if the healer needed some tips or help and the healer suddenly went. "Wait who is the healer?" And we went "umm the group thingie says it's you". And he suddenly went "omg omg omg pls kick me I am so sorry "

XD poor guy. If i was on another character i would have slotted a resto staff and do it myself but alas i was the tank on a low level char :/
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    They should add a system so when people makes that mistake they can go in group and press excuse me. Then everyone has to vote, if it passes it will take you out with no penalty.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    Though, to be honest. I feel like eso needs to remove the "pick your role" and instead put in a "we will pick your role for you based on your skills, weapons, and CP spec" type of thing.

Wouldn't work. As you can see from the responses here, some people carry resto staffs with them, just in case (and presumably have some healing skills levelled). It would be really easy for a DPS to dupe the system by slotting healing or tanking gear/skills, and swapping back to DPS gear once in the dungeon. The only way it would work is if you couldn't swap your gear/skills out after loading into the dungeon, but people would raise a huge fuss over something like that.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the same mistake once. After saying sorry, the group didnt say a word and ended in a instant kick (instead of vet it was a normal dungeon, wich we could have done easy). Sadly being honest is being punished too :( .
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I love you! It's not often I hear people say I am sorry.

If an apology is all it takes to make you fall in love, then I wonder what needs to be done in order to get a wedding proposal?
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    I made the same mistake once. After saying sorry, the group didnt say a word and ended in a instant kick (instead of vet it was a normal dungeon, wich we could have done easy). Sadly being honest is being punished too :( .

I was in group with 33 level tank, 100cp+ and some other 200cp+ in normal dungeon. 100cp+ guy immediately voted to kick low level (IN SPINDLECLUTCH 1!!!) before even first fight. Tank was in heavy armor with 1h/shield. I voted 'no' of course, but it shows that you don't need to make mistakes to be punished , you just need to play with n00bs and jerks.
    PC/EU
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    The only way it would work is if you couldn't swap your gear/skills out after loading into the dungeon, but people would raise a huge fuss over something like that.

Yeah, That'll NEVER work. As a DPS I constantly swap around armor sets. Most of the time I'm in FULL DPS gear. If there's a fight where we take a lot of unavoidable AoE damage, I'll swap to a set that allows for more survivability to help the healer out. For my Tank, not all bosses need to be tanked, so I wouldn't be able to swap to my DPS set on them to help kill the boss faster.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must publicly apologize to the group I joined last night even thought I don't recall their names nor do I know if they read these forums.

I PUG'd a vSelene's for yesterday's pledge, playing my CP330 stamblade. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a group after just a couple minutes. Off we go!

At the first set of trash mobs, I wade in as I normally do, throw out my AOE's and start hacking away...and DEAD. I died fast. No worries, maybe the healer wasn't ready. Onto the next trash mobs. Wade in, slower this time, to allow the healer to react and...DEAD.

Sure enough, I look at the group menu and see that I was indeed flagged as the healer. Oh...yeah, last night when my guild group of 1 tank and 3 DPS wanted to run a random, it wouldn't let us without a healer. So I changed my role to DPS+Healer.

I'm an idiot. On the off chance one from that group is reading this...my deepest apologies.

Oh dear...big hugs!

(PS ZOS fix finder omg!)
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a Vet Blackheart Haven with a random tank and sorc. The sorc pet healed the tank while I provided Vigor. We finished thhe second boss and was doing great. Then a Warden Bow healer joined. It was honestly the easiest Vet hard mode i've ever done. Im curious about the Lil Bosmer Warden Bow healer build. That was actually very cool.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Sorcerer is either DPS or Heals. I qued as a Healer on her, get in the dungeon, then realize I had left my Healing Staff in the Bank. It was Fungal Grotto I on Normal, so no real need at the time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of dumb. This isn't a church. Apologize when you were in the group.