Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Graphics for Horse mounts

• inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    They aren't going to bother improving existing mounts when they can keep making (or just reskinning) non-horse mounts in the cash shop and gamble boxes. That said, if they'd sell a GOOD horse mount in the cash shop I'd buy the darned thing. I far prefer horses to ANY of the other mounts.

Yeah, I imagine it would take a lot of work to go back and change the models of all the existing horses. But I'd totally be fine with them just making a new model and using that moving forward for any new cash shop horses. I guess anyone that bought their existing horse off the cash shop might feel cheated though.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was a kid, we had a couple draft horses a big Belgium (Named Ted) and a few quarter horses.

Only the Belgium looked anything close to ESO horses, and guys Blegiums are huge....not something the average person would ride.

I also would like them to rework the models, make them less bulky fix the legs and make the eyes smaller. this is something that could be easily done in a couple weeks. We spend a lot on mounts (the vast majority of players anyway) We should have better models.
    Edited by Balamoor on October 15, 2017 3:56PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they closed the mouth, changed the creepy taxidermy eyes, and re-did the back legs, the horse could be gorgeous. If they do only one of those things, I'd choose them closing the mouth. It just looks derpy and unnatural.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fantasy world, it's ok for them to look a little different. You should be worried about the winged fire breathing frogs. Those guys are way off from reality.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    I think all of the regular horse models look too muscular, bulky, and unattractive.

I really wish they looked more like real horses and were more graceful.

I agree, they're too muscular and bulky.

Wish they were more slender and elegant/graceful looking.

Still think the senche mounts are the best done animal mounts.
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I feel the horses should be a little MORE larger, and have a little more bulk to them, then they would look more fitting for Nords and Orks ;) .

When you max out speed on a horse it already looks way to small for Nords.
    Edited by Hanzus on October 15, 2017 11:39PM
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    What @Livvy thinks they look like
    maxresdefault.jpg

What they actually look like
    War-horse-horses-charging-into-battle.jpg

What @Livvy wants them to look like
    Paint.jpg

You deserve 10 more awesomes. People, hit that awesome button!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always hated the ESO horses, tbh... which was why my first mount (and I had no other for the longest time) was the Lioness. At least it looked proportionally correct. I have 3 now - two freebies and the black horse, because whenever I have a horse in a game it HAS to be black xD

Skyrim horses... too chunky and too darn slow.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER