Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A sad scene in Greenshade

auronessb16_ESO
auronessb16_ESO
✭✭✭
7rxzjo23qn3t.png

Sometimes I come across scenes like this, and I have to stop and think. I know iIt's just scenery, a few objects placed in the world to give it some character, but part of me wonders, what was happening? How did it end this way? What is the story behind this scene.

A large tub makes me think it was laundry day. A nice shallow pool, dappled sunlight, some peaceful time to wash some clothes before the seasons change or the next work cycle. They had an eternally lit lantern, nice and bright, hoping it would keep away any predators. Or maybe they knew it would be dark before they finished and they wanted a light to get back home? There is only the one skeleton, but it is a large tub, so I am guessing there was at least one other person. Maybe they escaped and were too afraid to come back? Or was this a crime of passion, skooma inflamed nightmares, or just a bad debt?

What are your thoughts? What do you think happened?

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was waiting for PVP to get some attention .
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A body already decomposed to a skeleton which takes about a decade. Whereas the lantern is still on and it looks like an oil lantern. Therefore, it was brought there after the death already happened. Also, wooden bucket and washtub wouldn't handle being in water for so long. So they appeared later, too.

What happened is that not so long ago (the lantern is still on, bucket and washtub didn't rot) somebody came to do laundry, saw the corpse and ran away in fear leaving their belongings behind :smile:

Now how the corpse got there we'll never know. Could be brought by the river?
    Edited by Artis on October 13, 2017 9:53PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the numerous side quests in various delves I can tell you that it is most likely a young and naive but well meaning person who were out searching for some special ingredient for use in their grandmothers secret pie recipe. They just want to make their loved ones happy. Then they die. The end.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 13, 2017 10:21PM
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    A body already decomposed to a skeleton which takes about a decade.

I know that is what happens in real life, skeletons normally fall apart, but game logic seem to be a bit different. In my head cannon, ZOS uses skeletons to indicate a corpse because it looks less icky, so every time I see a "skeleton" I am really seeing a partially decomposed body.

I do agree, that seeing a skeleton would make a normal person run away, but then again, as long as the skeleton isn't attacking, it can't be that bad.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened is that not so long ago (the lantern is still on, bucket and washtub didn't rot) somebody came to do laundry, saw the corpse and ran away in fear leaving their belongings behind :smile:

Or... this person was the one doing the laundry and were attacked by slaughterfish that then quickly picked the bones clean. Clearly he/she didn't expect slaughter fish this close to the shore... well, should have valued safety bit more, or learn it the hard way.
  • Fishstrom
    Fishstrom
    ✭✭✭
    keep in mind there is also water around which would speed up the decomposition process, and we also don’t know much about the science behind nirn and how long it would take for a body to decompose
    Edited by Fishstrom on October 14, 2017 3:34PM
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    I really do like world design like this, this post reminded me of a spot in heels babe where it looks like some guy killed a huge snake with an pickaxe but died underneath the corpse, I can post a picture of it tommorow, if any one wants that then write ^^
    Argonian masterrace
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice how the skeleton's arm is crossed over the chest. Also the position of the body. If the current washed the body ashore, the position would have angled it more inland. My guess is that our friend here met an untimely end while doing their late-night washing, possibly from the local wildlife. The scavengers simply cleaned up the rest.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude (and some friends) all totally high on Skooma, they decided to gather some crabs, thinking "late night funky feast". This guy, being "in charge" lays down to order the others around, and mostly they put up with it, picking up crabs, plunking them into the bucket (while in-charge-guy finishes the Skooma), which irritates the others, so there is an argument and somewhere in there someone kicks the bucket of mud crabs in anger - and you know how mud crabs don't attack unless you attack them first?

Well everyone got away except the one who had done the most Skooma.

Oh, and his friends came back and picked up the coins (the crabs didn't eat those). They all have a pact to deny any knowledge of what happened.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to go back in time and actually see the world from that decaying NPC's own eyes.

The truth is revealed.....
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by Vaoh on October 17, 2017 4:29AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I've managed to go back in time and actually see the world from that decaying NPC's own eyes.

The truth is revealed.....
    maxresdefault.jpg

Lol poor PvPers
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't take anywhere near a decade if laying on the ground like that, exposed to bacteria and animals. Might take a decade if in a coffin, maybe.
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    teiselaise wrote: »
    I really do like world design like this, this post reminded me of a spot in heels babe where it looks like some guy killed a huge snake with an pickaxe but died underneath the corpse, I can post a picture of it tommorow, if any one wants that then write ^^

Is that the one where the snake had eaten others, with a skull and bits of armor still inside the snake skeleton?
    Edited by auronessb16_ESO on October 17, 2017 12:14PM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7rxzjo23qn3t.png

Sometimes I come across scenes like this, and I have to stop and think. I know iIt's just scenery, a few objects placed in the world to give it some character, but part of me wonders, what was happening? How did it end this way? What is the story behind this scene.

A large tub makes me think it was laundry day. A nice shallow pool, dappled sunlight, some peaceful time to wash some clothes before the seasons change or the next work cycle. They had an eternally lit lantern, nice and bright, hoping it would keep away any predators. Or maybe they knew it would be dark before they finished and they wanted a light to get back home? There is only the one skeleton, but it is a large tub, so I am guessing there was at least one other person. Maybe they escaped and were too afraid to come back? Or was this a crime of passion, skooma inflamed nightmares, or just a bad debt?

What are your thoughts? What do you think happened?

I actually kind of like that nature took back its territory from encroaching biped civilization. The zone is full of stuff like this, former signs of civilization that leave few clues as to what happened.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was probably rolled by an argonian
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Scuse me, let's keep back and let the CSI team do it's business.

What was that?

Okay, I need someone to look for stones which might have a esoteric recording of the events of the crime.

Also, if anyone has four candles, an amulet, and ashes to summon the ghost of the victim for questioning.

All right, anyone have spice-treated boiled sap which can be used to awaken our ability to communicate with, and therefore question, the trees as to what transpired?

O-kay, tough case. Is anyone in possession of fire salts, frost salts, void salts, and a staff to open rips in the veil of time?

Well, this is as far as criminal science can take us, we're going to put this one down as an unsolved and use it as a reason to go hit refugees with a stick. Go about your business.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was a Warden, who thought his chopped-wood-Forest will save him from ganking slaughterfish. Well, he couldn't even cast it because he had only 89 ultimate points.