The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What sized pvp groups do you participate/ enjoy playing in?

IxSTALKERxI
IxSTALKERxI
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey everyone, I've noticed some guilds no longer active in Cyrodiil and some guilds downsizing, I'm genuinely curious as to what group sizes people currently play in.

This poll is anonymous, so you can be honest and not worry about your ego.

The reason I'm making this poll is I'm curious if lowering maximum group size from 24 would be a viable way to improve pvp in cyrodiil (when combined with other changes to help make the game less zergy like less healing outside of group etc). This poll is strictly for grouping, so if you zerg surf solo then vote 'I don't group with anyone' even though you're technically inside a zerg.
Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 12, 2017 2:56PM
NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel

What sized pvp groups do you participate/ enjoy playing in? 145 votes

My guild runs multiple groups exceeding a total of 24 players.
2% 4 votes
20-24
6% 10 votes
16-20
6% 9 votes
12-16
11% 17 votes
6-12
14% 21 votes
2-6
35% 52 votes
I don't group with anyone
22% 32 votes
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if they decrease the size of raids nothing will stop them from stacking 2 or 3 together. If you are expecting the community to self regulate this behavior ZOS will need to implement stronger mechanics that de-incentivizes the natural human instinct to zerg.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose 20-24 only because I suck at PvP. I have actually only done about 3 days in Cyrodiil to get vigor and caltrops. Been thinking about trying again but not sure I'm good enough.
    Edited by RABIDxWOLVERINE on October 12, 2017 2:09PM
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite kind of group fights are where we can be very mobile and kite, akin to how one might play solo. The larger the group the harder that becomes for many people, the larger the group the harder it is to find good fights (even numbers, slightly outnumbered or outnumbered by many manageable pugs).

I find 2-4 works really well for that, maybe 5-6 if everyone is on the same page. On a side note I think you zerged me the other day around Ash mile-gate when I was partially afk. For some reason you guys didn't render in until you were too close for me to streak away. If you or anyone in that group answer anything less than 20-24 on this poll I call BS.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    even if they decrease the size of raids nothing will stop them from stacking 2 or 3 together. If you are expecting the community to self regulate this behavior ZOS will need to implement stronger mechanics that de-incentivizes the natural human instinct to zerg.

They can stack 2 or 3 of them together if they wish. However, they will need a leader, purge and rapids for each separate group - so making them stack multiple different groups instead of just 1 group will make them weaker/ require more organisation than if they just ran 1 big group.

You can also add the following:
    -Whilst in Cyrodiil, healing is 25% less effective on players you are not grouped with.

Players will always zerg, but you can make it so they aren't too powerful when doing so - giving the outnumbered players a chance. (Without dumbing down combat by adding overpowered abilities / itemsets)
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find 6-10 being the sweet spot. you can focus on other medium to large scale groups or you can play the map.

very effective group size
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    4-8 feels great in no-CP, with maybe 6-12 in CP camps.

But the most fun, I think, is being a small group involved in a large fight (especially with multiple distinct groups on both sides).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP is trying to find out who zerg's in Cyro
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But the most fun, I think, is being a small group involved in a large fight (especially with multiple distinct groups on both sides).

Yep, I also enjoy large scale fights that are made up of multiple reasonably sized groups rather than 2 giant blobs.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    My favorite kind of group fights are where we can be very mobile and kite, akin to how one might play solo. The larger the group the harder that becomes for many people, the larger the group the harder it is to find good fights (even numbers, slightly outnumbered or outnumbered by many manageable pugs).

^^^^^^^^ Same with me.

Somewhere around 3-10 people is usually perfect for me
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another change I would like to see is:

-Retreating maneuvers is now capped at 6 players and still does not effect players outside of group. However, it is no longer removed when healing/shielding ally's - only when dealing damage. (like original version)

This change will help small scale groups of 1-6 players reposition when outnumbered.
    Group sizes of 6-16 will need to hit rapids 2-3 times to apply it to everyone. They will still lose rapids while they have EotS active etc so it will be used more defensively.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24+ yeah baby! That’s how I roll. Except in Khastev or Xarxes where there’s only 5 players on the whole server.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chose 12-16 because that's what drac does but I probably enjoy 2-6 more but most the people I do smaller stuff with are in drac as well so might as well join raid :)

As far as lowering group size I think it will cause more zerging tbh. People will not be able to get speeds or purge so they will be much more reliant on staying near where they can receive the most healing possible. Sure it's going to reduce the effectiveness of raids but as long as you have 1 mag sorc and 1 Stam sorc in your group it doesn't matter since you can still receive heals from players outside your group.

Let's say they cap it at 12 players, reducing group size in half. A 24 man will likely have 2 speeds, 1 mag sorc support a warden support, 3 healers and 5 destros. Would likely run 4 waves of Ults, 2 waves in each raid and you would receive the springs/bol from the other group as you're running as well. While not everyone would do this I can imagine many groups forming 2 or maybe 3 groups like this instead of the 1 24 man group.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose 20-24 only because I suck at PvP. I have actually only done about 3 days in Cyrodiil to get vigor and caltrops. Been thinking about trying again but not sure I'm good enough.

Git Gud :-p

Nah, but seriously, don't worry about 'not being good enough' Its not like PVE where you'll get kicked for your DPS being too low. And the only way to get better at something is practice and experience. Everyone is bad at the beginning.
    As long as you can reconcile yourself with dying a lot and not getting salty about it, you can still have fun - even if to begin with its only to stand behind allies healing/sniping etc. while learning the right time to run :-)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only roll alone - cos I'm the cool, self-reliant lone-stranger kind of guy who needs no help from anyone..

*translation - has no friends :wink:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I only roll alone - cos I'm the cool, self-reliant lone-stranger kind of guy who needs no help from anyone..

*translation - has no friends :wink:

Pets are friends ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    any group with stalker in it
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Group as in the actual function of being in a group? Or does group mean being around a bunch of your alliance during a siege or something?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done everything from solo to organising 60+ players, I find it all fun but in different ways.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody puts in work (2-6)0
    Edited by Skinzz on October 12, 2017 8:15PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 12-16. One of the key reasons is that at this size there is no fight you have to run from. Whether it be a 24 man raid, a 60 man faction stack or a combination of both.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really only like the 50v50 or 100v100 intense keep fights that can last for an hour or so.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally not fussed about group size it's good to play solo, small or even dare I say it zergs if you only play or like a certain group size your losing out on a different sort of fun and experience :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on my mood or objective.

I find myself soloing most often. Helping where is needed, get my ticks.

I'll join a zerg to get my kill quests done - as a healer that makes it faster.

I would always prefer strong 4-8 player groups. Just feels great beating other groups where you are doubled up to even a full raid.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a certain line where it feels like individual characters go from being self sufficient vessels to becoming a cog in a machine.

Personally, I prefer to not cross that line.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group as in the actual function of being in a group? Or does group mean being around a bunch of your alliance during a siege or something?

The actual function of a group. There's no way to police how many players participate in a siege. Also cyrodiil is about large scale battles after all - something that needs to stay. This is more about the individual groups stacking at a location that make up those large scale battles.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 12, 2017 11:28PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as lowering group size I think it will cause more zerging tbh. People will not be able to get speeds or purge so they will be much more reliant on staying near where they can receive the most healing possible. Sure it's going to reduce the effectiveness of raids but as long as you have 1 mag sorc and 1 Stam sorc in your group it doesn't matter since you can still receive heals from players outside your group.

Let's say they cap it at 12 players, reducing group size in half. A 24 man will likely have 2 speeds, 1 mag sorc support a warden support, 3 healers and 5 destros. Would likely run 4 waves of Ults, 2 waves in each raid and you would receive the springs/bol from the other group as you're running as well. While not everyone would do this I can imagine many groups forming 2 or maybe 3 groups like this instead of the 1 24 man group.

Is it even possible for cyrodiil to become zergier than it already is? :p I don't think this change will make the game less zergy - but it might make large zergs easier to kill.

Fair point, but what if your heals are 25% less effective on players you are not grouped with?
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you right now, the majority of people saying they run 2-6 people, aren't actually pvp'ing in that fashion.

Your group might be only 4 people but that doesn't change the fact that you are surrounded by your faction.
    If there truly was 1/3 of the population (any console/server) playing that size of a group we would see much more small scale fights and the pvp wouldn't be as congested.

I would ask you all to really consider what size of a group you play with and if it is anything less than 10, push out past the norm. Go across the map and farm a resource, take a keep with just your group, fight in less populated areas and encourage others to do the same.

Many of you are not solo players, 2-6 or even 6-12. Stop acting like you are.
    Get out there and do something about it and stop adding to the ball zerg.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    I like 12-16. One of the key reasons is that at this size there is no fight you have to run from. Whether it be a 24 man raid, a 60 man faction stack or a combination of both.

Yep. I used to be the same for a long time. In more recent times though I've been really enjoying 6-11, ironically for that exact reason lol. As a group leader it gives you one extra decision you have to make... 'can I participate in this fight or do we have to run for our lives.' Also plays a lot differently and the group composition is a little different.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    small scale is life, small scale is love.

And that's what ZOS dedicatedly destroying from patch to patch.
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a solo support NB. Don't mind my allies around me, they are vicious death proccers :trollface:
    EU | PC