The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset DLC Hopes and Speculation Thread!

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After hearing the blatant name dropping Nocturnal and Sotha Sil does at the end of Clockwork City's Questline, yeah. Sure, I guess we'll be going to Summerset next in this new Storyline. I've been hoping for Argonia or Elsweyr, but oh well. New content is new content, and if I have to put up with trudging my Cats through the homeland of snooty superiority obsessed Elves for more Story content, I will.

Just so every Elf is clear, my Khajiit Nightblade is a Dark Brotherhood Silencer/Executioner.

tumblr_n6n6m4PVUT1rgubngo1_500.gif
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auction house
    Jewel crafting
    In world housing

NO NERFS
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer are also my favourite Elder Scrolls race, I love there culture, there architecture, how there society works, how there magically gifted and way more. I constantly read up on there lore and want to know more about things that aren't really explained like Varlines. I'm very excited if Summerset Isles is the next DLC released and can't wait to see what ZOS does with it.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of funny that Q1 is probably the most 'up in the air' update next year at this point. While nothing has been confirmed, Summerset being the next Chapter in Q2 is almost certain. Q3 we know is a dungeon pack, and Q4 will most likely Mephalas Realm (Spiral Skein).
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I'm hoping for a more khajiit focused DLC, the elves have had enough attention from everyone, but Khajiit get no love.
    A DLC about a bunch of haughty high elves sounds extremely annoying TBH...
    Edited by coop500 on November 11, 2017 2:42AM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the Sload are in there, I will be greatly interested in the dlc. If it's just high elves that im tired of seeing because everyone and their pet goldfish plays as one, I will have little to no interest in such a place.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Kind of funny that Q1 is probably the most 'up in the air' update next year at this point. While nothing has been confirmed, Summerset being the next Chapter in Q2 is almost certain. Q3 we know is a dungeon pack, and Q4 will most likely Mephalas Realm (Spiral Skein).

Q1 is suppose to be the free update to the game, it certainly is the least predictable.
    My hopes are for spell crafting or secondary morphs.
    Edited by SirMewser on November 11, 2017 2:55PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Elves like the dragon imagery. Dragons are after all a mannish thing, the result of Shor/Lorkhan and Auri-El smashing into each other (at least that's one view of the imagery given).

At least some of them like the dragon imagery: Glass Chests
    The downward-pointing chevrons on Glass cuirasses evoke the deep-muscled chests of great flying creatures, and indeed the chest plates are often adorned with images of eagles, dragons, or cliff racers. They are constructed of leather, steel, and glass, with as much additional glass trim as the buyer can afford.

The cliff racers seem a bit odd, but maybe some of that is drawn from the Dunmer?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    SirAxen wrote: »

Q1 is suppose to be the free update to the game, it certainly is the least predictable.
    My hopes are for spell crafting or secondary morphs.

I'm hoping Transmog or an outfitter type system is a part of Q1. Weapon dyes would be nifty as well.
    That said, I wouldn't be mad at all if Q1 update was just a ton of QoL stuff and a couple new systems rather than content.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally would like an expansion for an area in Black Marsh but the Pact Races have had about 3 DLCs and an Expansion already, so yeah give the Dominion a turn.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I personally would like an expansion for an area in Black Marsh but the Pact Races have had about 3 DLCs and an Expansion already, so yeah give the Dominion a turn.

Three? The Gold Coast is it's own thing, Orsinium is technically Covenant, Thieve's Guild is technically Covenant, and Clockwork City is it's own thing, just has a bunch of Dark Elves running around.

The only Pact related DLC I see is Vvardenfell.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if anybody mentioned this earlier in the thread, but *spoiler alert*
    The Grand Prognosticator will give a prophecy after completing the Clockwork City Main Quest, where she mentions an Island, a tower and three princes, so there's that.

Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do Alinor justice and it isn't just another fishing village like Vulkhel Guard with 5 boring grey houses on a beach.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve been to the area of Summerset Island and can confirm that there´s work in progress going on :)

r9bohir38jd4.png

cekw1m8qacp9.png

f6yayar9zljl.png

26rxn924ovvc.png

ajz1emd5dh7h.png
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hope is no lags in Cyrodiil... But lets get real... more reskined mounts in crown crates? More crown stuff and hey a free non-combat pet! Yay!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just hope the keep it rather true to size and partially inaccessible rather than shrink it below lore size
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just hope the keep it rather true to size and partially inaccessible rather than shrink it below lore size

From my exploring (see pictures a few comments above): The area is HUGE and can potentially be even bigger (got to the edge of the map and when I looked at my minimap there was like 1/4 of the island left)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

From my exploring (see pictures a few comments above): The area is HUGE and can potentially be even bigger (got to the edge of the map and when I looked at my minimap there was like 1/4 of the island left)

on the map it seems to be only slightly larger than vvardenfell tough
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excellent thread, I hope that the devs read the suggestions already mentioned. Let me add mine:

1) A concert hall and public baths in at least one of the main cities. Elves are civilized ;-)

2) A private room high atop in the crystal tower with a balcony to overlook the scenery. I want to live in an Ivory-Tower!

3) Rifts to other timelines or worlds. The game is currently set in the second area and we already know what will come in the 4th era. This can be overcome with a parallel timeline and continuation of the main story line. For example, a group of powerful mages want to prevent the destruction of the crystal tower in the future, so they travel back in time in which the protagonist plays a main part. He succeeds, but at the same time his world goes into an alternative timeline.

4) Magical furnishings; e.g. a private Wayshrine.

5) Unicorn / Fey mounts and other gimmicks.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope everything is appropriately "magical" for the main lands of altmer
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope everything is appropriately "magical" for the main lands of altmer

Heh. Indeed. It really is a toss-up what they go with. There is lore on how things look on Summerset but only by 'accounts' and 'stories'. I would personally implore people not to hang onto any one specific 'look' they think it should be. Really, they can do whatever they want because Summerset has never officially been explored.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm also hoping they finally fix the draw distance issue so we can actually get some vistas in this game. Looks like they scaled the fog down a bit in Clockwork City so there's hope yet. They just need to improve texture detail for distant objects and landscape to accommodate it.

If we have to endure more of this nonsense for the mainland, I'll be sad :disappointed:

800?cb=20140303121616
    jf9t57yfx4an.jpg
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many hopes and expectations in this thread. People are already hyped for Summerset. Now imagine the disappointment when ZOS announces e.g. parts of Skyrim or Hammerfell to be the next Chapter
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh, I'd be happier for summerset, and if we get a trial finally it wont involve any fabricants or dwemeri machines (ugh hate those)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha oh god I remember that. Supposing that happens, I wonder if we'll still be sort-of kind-of nobility by virtue of being Numinous. On the same level as... was it Exultants or Optimates? Can't remember which, need to re-read.

*digs* Here you go!
    "Title and social status are of supreme importance to the Altmer! The Queen has granted all Numinous the noble title of "Optimate" - an honor indeed! You need defer to no one of lower status than a Kinlord."

Though since we become a member of her personal spy network as part of the Dominion questline, she might just call us there in that capacity.
    She would only be calling on her AD faction vestige, not the other faction vestige's. Considering it was Sotha Sil that said he was Going to Arteum Im going to guess it will be either Sotha Sil or a psijjic monk that takes us to
    Summerset.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Murkmir first
    we have neough highelf stuff already
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    I want Murkmir first
    we have neough highelf stuff already

No way! We have only one altmer zone just like argonians (Auridon and Shadowfen). Plus both DC and EP already got their big landmass additions (Wrothgar and Vvardenfell) while AD got literally nothing since release. There havent been even any altmer costumes for sale in the crown store so far...
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Sounds like some really interesting stuff for DLC this year?
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After just watching a lore video on the Summerset Isles, I find myself hoping it will be an expansion (chapter), of huge proportions, with all of the isles included, not just snippets. Of course, this is probably unrealistic, and if they save portions of it, then there is content for the future too, but the Summerset Isles sound so varied in style and environment that it would be amazing to be able to explore a big part of it.

In addition, I'd love to see new armor and costumes, as well as new hairstyles, furnishings, and perhaps a new house or two. From what I saw of Clockwork city...I'm fascinated to see what the art department does for Summerset.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 29, 2017 5:38PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want TES:VI to be in the Summerset Isles!
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos