The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Kastav & Xarxes still exist?

Morvane
Morvane
✭✭✭✭
As I rememer these two campaigns were added only for short period - PvP event, Midyear Mayhem (july 2017). Cuz 800 queues at Vivex was awfull
but for now they are just fields which stole population from Shor (basic 7 day) and a place where every random player can make himself Emperor without any PvP. Do u think, guys, these campaing need to be closed??
Edited by Morvane on October 5, 2017 7:08PM
DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
@morvayn54, PC/EU

Why Kastav & Xarxes still exist? 75 votes

yes, they need to be deleted
62%
CavalryPKSolarikenDeadlyRecluseTaysaMadyIruil_ESOKoensolSodanTokGrim13hollywoodreActor1RicktersollJohnfred24C0ndorKartalinRensDGLettigallpaulsimonpsSturgeHammer 47 votes
no, they dont
21%
NestorBucky BallsButch_McFlencherFischblutZbigb4lifeIzakijeedrzejQbikenMarabornwingrionFoolishHumanYamiKurukuIrfindshadowkitTertullianNaomi_KBloodBeast_ESO 16 votes
I dont care
16%
GedericAzuryacopitoReverbRohamad_AliOutLaw_NynxKarivaaRABIDxWOLVERINEBigBadVolkpachycephalodoslekislazerlaz 12 votes
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, they dont
    I need a place to PvE in Cyrodiil and these campaigns are perfect for it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, they dont
    Nestor wrote: »

And these campaigns are the only ones free of lag.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhh, don't give away such secrets!
    poke.gif
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭

I understand that some people just don't want anything to with PvP but this isn't the correct route to take. If that was the goal of the Devs then they should create a PvE only instance - as of now, having these campaigns dilute the PvP. Someone also might argue that diluting PvP might be good for the servers. I say the better solution would be to lower the sever caps then determine if more campaigns are needed.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care
    Why are we existing?
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care
    I think Wheeler installed one of these

pleasant-robot-working-concentration-modern-way-life-low-angle-confident-smart-man-suit-head-droid-using-94641810.jpg

so he could go do this ...

cheering.jpg
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    Why are we existing?

to play on vivec en shor!
    Astrid_V wrote: »

free from activity

what PvE exactly? part of Tamriel hero? u can easily do it in 1-2 days even in vivec. but I think free emperors damaged this game more than lags or hard questing in some (currently this) location
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, they dont

Yes I like these campaigns for PvE and because there is less lag.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, they dont
    Morvane wrote: »
    Why are we existing?

free from activity

what PvE exactly? part of Tamriel hero? u can easily do it in 1-2 days even in vivec. but I think free emperors damaged this game more than lags or hard questing in some (currently this) location

I think most people do it for the costume to be honest. If I had the time to get emperor on an empty campaign I would also do it (since the costume looks noice ;) ). I couldn´t bother less if someone got emp one way or another :P
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    I play in Kastav a lot because as a covenant there's usually not a lot to do in Vivec and im not a huge fan of long queues. However, I think a unique 7 day campaign would be better for regular PvPers, Haderus was great back in the day. But we saw in the event that were more population of the game to play PvP, not even all those servers would be enough. So I agree with a unique 7 day cp campaign, but I don't think its good on the long term.
    Edited by Alucu on October 6, 2017 8:57AM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have made a ton of gold farming tv in these campaigns and I think they should be close to help the overall health of pvp
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    I play in Kastav a lot because as a covenant there's usually not a lot to do in Vivec and im not a huge fan of long queues. However, I think a unique 7 day campaign would be better for regular PvPers, Haderus was great back in the day. But we saw in the event that were more population of the game to play PvP, not even all those servers would be enough. So I agree with a unique 7 day cp campaign, but I don't think its good on the long term.

The Haderus of yesterday is the Almalexia of today. The difference is ZoS closed it for two months and decimated the population there. The majority of the former Alma/Haderus players went to Sotha or Shor.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Morvane wrote: »
    Why are we existing?

free from activity

I think most people do it for the costume to be honest. If I had the time to get emperor on an empty campaign I would also do it (since the costume looks noice ;) ). I couldn´t bother less if someone got emp one way or another :P

the problem is u must make deal with other sides in empty campaigns to become emp. Its very close to abising game mechasnics and breaking rules, so be careful. Im not about u personally, but u can face with haters if u try site on throne such way. U can honestly earn ur AP, fight with previous emperor and take keeps with friends even not guildmates. But somebody will say u are cheater
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a community ambassador, your response is disappointing.

You know darn well that these campaigns are leeching players that would otherwise populate competitive campaigns in addition to the fact that many guilds have devolved these campaigns into Emperor Achievement farms.

Both of which i listed are not healthy for the PvP aspect of the game, yet you (selfishly) promote their existence so you can have "a place to PvE in Cyrodiil"?????????

I'm honestly bumfuzzled right now. COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR. You're supposed to advocate FOR the community, not yourself. It's like a corrupt politician.

EDIT: I think its absolutely inaccurate and hilarious that people are talking all good about Haderus. I was on Haderus as my Home campaign for i would say a good 80% of its life span, even to the bitter end and lemme tell ya, it devolved into a Bleakers-RP-AP faucet-Emperor Flip-Faction Dealing-Cluster EFF

PROOF : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318833/close-haderus/p1

So stop fantasizing about he glory days of Haderus. what a joke.
    Edited by Rickter on October 18, 2017 12:01PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Shhhh, don't give away such secrets!
    poke.gif

:)
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

You know darn well that these campaigns are leeching players that would otherwise populate competitive campaigns in addition to the fact that many guilds have devolved these campaigns into Emperor Achievement farms.

Both of which i listed are not healthy for the PvP aspect of the game, yet you (selfishly) promote their existence so you can have "a place to PvE in Cyrodiil"?????????

I'm honestly bumfuzzled right now. COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR. You're supposed to advocate FOR the community, not yourself. It's like a corrupt politician.

On the other side of the coin, the fact that some emp farming guilds have moved to some of the low pop campaigns means they aren't emp farming on Vivec ... thus allowing more time for people on the Vivec campaign to play the objectives against other players who are also playing the objectives.
    Edited by Maryal on October 18, 2017 12:05PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

On the other side of the coin, the fact that some emp farming guilds have moved to some of the low pop campaigns means they aren't emp farming on Vivec ... thus allowing more time for people on the Vivec campaign to play the objectives against other players who are also playing the objectives.

no. just no. they arent emp farming on vivec because they literally would not e allowed to.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no. just no. they arent emp farming on vivec because they literally would not e allowed to.

LOL! ... LOL! OMG! LOL! ROFL! Ohhhh, good one.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! ... LOL! OMG! LOL! ROFL! Ohhhh, good one.

I didnt mean that as there were rules in place or something. I meant that as there is enough 24/7 activity on the server to deter and otherwise prevent emp farming/flipping.

But you know, glad you got a kick out of that.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, they dont

Sorry, I will run all of my opinions past you in the future for your approval. :*

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping when the clockwork city update comes and there is more Golden overland jewellery more people will be playing Cyrodiil so we'll need the extra campaigns. Might be wishful thinking though. I kind of think they aren't very useful at the moment though.
    Ps4 EU
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care

EDIT: I think its absolutely inaccurate and hilarious that people are talking all good about Haderus. I was on Haderus as my Home campaign for i would say a good 80% of its life span, even to the bitter end and lemme tell ya, it devolved into a Bleakers-RP-AP faucet-Emperor Flip-Faction Dealing-Cluster EFF

PROOF : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318833/close-haderus/p1

So stop fantasizing about he glory days of Haderus. what a joke.

An opinion that differs from yours is one that is failing to advocate for the community? Interesting approach. So you are the one who decides what is in our best interest, and how we should all feel about it? I guess that's good, free will is exhausting. We will defer to you for all PvP and balance matters going forward.
    Edited by Reverb on October 18, 2017 5:06PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    gz all with our win
    both campaigna were deleted. thnx @ZoS
    @morvayn54, PC/EU