The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove Xarxes and Kastav now please

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Now that the AP and IC festivals are over there is no need for these useless campaigns... If/when removed then Shor might return back to the former glory of Haderus... keep Almalexia though.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

For someone who doesn´t want to spend half the evening queing for Vivec (because I don´t want to play no-CP). The 7 day campaigns are a saving for me.

I can get behind removing so that there´re two 7 day campaigns. If you like fully popped campaigns, that´s great for you, but a lot of us doesn´t like that.

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken Shor has as very low pop and Xarxes and Kastav are even lower, there is no need for all 3.

10-30 min queues prime time for vivec are not that bad if you desire zergalism, Haderus provided a small-scale alternative. What the hec does anyone do in Xarxes and Kastav anyway ? they are totally dead (EU)...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    @Qbiken Shor has as very low pop and Xarxes and Kastav are even lower, there is no need for all 3.

10-30 min queues prime time for vivec are not that bad if you desire zergalism, Haderus provided a small-scale alternative. What the hec does anyone do in Xarxes and Kastav anyway ? they are totally dead (EU)...

I see your point but whenever I try to que into Vivec it´s closer to an hour (unless I start the que at 17:00 or in the weekend) so perhaps it´s our individual experience that makes our opinions so different.

Let me rewrite what my original thougth was: Instead of removing both 7 days campaigns (Xarxes and Kastav) a start would be to remove one and see how the population cap turns out for the ones that are left. If it still turns out that both are "empty" then the last could be removed as well so we only have one 7-day campaign.
    Edited by Qbiken on September 19, 2017 11:53AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I see your point but whenever I try to que into Vivec it´s closer to an hour (unless I start the que at 17:00 or in the weekend) so perhaps it´s our individual experience that makes our opinions so different.

Let me rewrite what my original thougth was: Instead of removing both 7 days campaigns (Xarxes and Kastav) a start would be to remove one and see how the population cap turns out for the ones that are left. If it still turns out that both are "empty" then the last could be removed as well so we only have one 7-day campaign.

I'm confused about how many 7-day campaigns you think there are. Do you realize there are currently three? OP is asking ZOS to remove two of them and leave one (Shor), as none of them ever gets close to pop lock.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

I'm confused about how many 7-day campaigns you think there are. Do you realize there are currently three? OP is asking ZOS to remove two of them and leave one (Shor), as none of them ever gets close to pop lock.

I´m well aware that there´re 3 atm (Shor, Kastav and Xarxes). My 2nd suggestion was to remove let say Xarxes and let Kastav and Shor stay, just to see if the population cap stays the same. If it does, then Kastav can be removed as well. But removing Kastav and Xarxes both at once I´m against.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´m well aware that there´re 3 atm (Shor, Kastav and Xarxes). My 2nd suggestion was to remove let say Xarxes and let Kastav and Shor stay, just to see if the population cap stays the same. If it does, then Kastav can be removed as well. But removing Kastav and Xarxes both at once I´m against.

This guy prefers a Cyrodiil with no players in it.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Weirdest conclusion I´ve seen......I just want short que times and actually play PvP.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But there's barely any players on the 7 day campaigns?

Even merged together into one server there won't be any queues.

I guess there are players farming emp and tel var unopposed, so there's that. If that's what you want...
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Shor also pop locked on the PC- EU or something? Because I fail to see how you won't be able to PvP if Xarxes and Kastav are removed.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You assume that the people playing on those campaigns would be interested in moving to the remaining campaigns with higher pop. That is very likely not true. I know far more people than I expected who home on Kastav and Xarxes. These are people who have never enjoyed PvP, and like that these campaigns offer a chance to explore Cyrodiil and IC, with an "exciting" chance at being ganked or fighting a small group of opponents, but %0 chance of running into a zerg. If you remove these campaigns, these people would stop going to cyrodiil at all.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    No we want these campaigns to do our "town missions". I just love to do them.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for the Destiny 2 fad to be over before judging PvP populations.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarxes and Kastav are dead empty, no matter at what time you log in.
    That is not even Pvp lol, unless repairing keeps and turning resources can be considered pvp.
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP.
    Please remove 2 of the 3 dead campaigns (at least on EU) so people running away from Vivec can find an alternative.
    [PC][EU]
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Weirdest conclusion I´ve seen......I just want short que times and actually play PvP.

It's not possible to PvP on empty servers full of people with no interest in PvP'ing. When we had only one 7 day it was never poplocked, so your queue concerns are moot.
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, three 7 day campaign are too much, you can't actually pvp in none of them.
  • Lana_Jaff
    Lana_Jaff
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, remove 2 dead campaigns. The AP-event is over.. </3
    PC-EU
    @Lana_Jaff

Lana Lane | YouTube
    Twitch

Lana Lane | Stamina Nightblade | AvA 39
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that they need to remove the extra 7 day servers.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO! I WANT MY IMPERIAL CITY TO BE EMPTY WHEN I GO IN.

So that I can farm Tel Var on a PvE build and not a weird PvP/PvE build, which makes it go so much faster.
    Edited by Izaki on September 22, 2017 11:40AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion: lower the pop cap in Vivec and have only one other CP server. Close all non-CP servers except Sotha. Monitor the situation and adjust as necessary.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    NO! I WANT MY IMPERIAL CITY TO BE EMPTY WHEN I GO IN.

So that I can farm Tel Var on a PvE build and not a weird PvP/PvE build, which makes it go so much faster.

Remove it for this entire reason, IC was a PVP DLC - the only one so far. You should have to face other players and have risk and reward element since mobs have been trashed to the point that a strong sneeze will finish them.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on September 22, 2017 11:54AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why the extra servers bother you guys so much.
    If they are empty then the are not taking population away from Vivec or Shor, so how does it affect anything except your not wanting a few players to PvE/PvP and get emperor in peace which they would never be able to do on the main campaigns because emperor is controlled by a few people/guilds.
    If ZOS wants to expend the resources for the extra campaigns that is their business.
    Those of you that say "This is how it should be" are just selfish and wannabe game police.
    Just pretend they aren't there and you will be fine.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 22, 2017 2:28PM
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why the extra servers bother you guys so much.
    I'll try to explain it: let's say I'm PvPing happily in Vivec because it off-peak, then the laggy-zergy-low-fps-party begins. No more fun for ppl who enjoy a smooth experience.
    We have 3 options if we want to keep playing in the same context (CP):
    1) to change campaign;
    2) to change game;
    3) to get frustrated in the Vivec toxic environment.
    If we're discussing here is because we wouldn't like to be forced in solution 2 or 3, so let's talk about the option 1.
    When I think of changing campaign I open the AvA window, switch to 7 day ones and have (tipically) a plain low pop everywhere.
    At this point I wonder:
    1) it's unlikely they are completely desert, it's more likely there are low numbers spread over more then one...
    2) which one might be the more populated (of foes)?
    3) what if that one is not the one I'm bound to?

I hope you can see my (our) point now.

[PC][EU]
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA I find that most of the regular hard core PvP crowd want to switch to a 7 day to get away from the Vivec lag fest to PvP they choose Shor so it is always at least reasonably populated.
    So most Vivec players set Shor as guest and when we want to go fishing or something say on Xarxes we port to a guild mate or friend there.
    Even as a long time hard core PvP player I find it nice to have the extra low pop servers to go have dueling or farming events on with my guild for a change of pace.
    I have also noticed less threads by PvE players asking for a PvP only Cyrodiil since the extra servers have been open.
    So my point is why worry about it and just let players do what they want as most in those empty campaigns wouldn't be in the main campaigns anyway. And because they are in the "empty" campaigns they use less slots on the main campaigns.
    And some decide they like it and do move on to the main campaigns after they got their feet wet without being zerged down out of the gate.
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA I find that most of the regular hard core PvP crowd want to switch to a 7 day to get away from the Vivec lag fest to PvP they choose Shor so it is always at least reasonably populated.
    So most Vivec players set Shor as guest and when we want to go fishing or something say on Xarxes we port to a guild mate or friend there.
    Even as a long time hard core PvP player I find it nice to have the extra low pop servers to go have dueling or farming events on with my guild for a change of pace.
    I have also noticed less threads by PvE players asking for a PvP only Cyrodiil since the extra servers have been open.
    So my point is why worry about it and just let players do what they want as most in those empty campaigns wouldn't be in the main campaigns anyway. And because they are in the "empty" campaigns they use less slots on the main campaigns.
    And some decide they like it and do move on to the main campaigns after they got their feet wet without being zerged down out of the gate.

Because once upon a time Haderus actually had really good smallscale PvP.

And don't try to play the "Well there's tons of PvErs" card and pretend a bunch of people enjoy the current system. We can see the populations, those campaigns are ghost towns 99.9% of the time. If there was even 100 concurrent players on one of those campaigns you would see more Factions jump to 2 bars.

Hell I had a lowbie homed on Xarxes once and got the last 35k AP needed for my Caltrops unlocking. 35k AP got me top 75 for the week on my faction. So you can't even really pretend there's players questing and having a blast out there.

The reason people are worried is because overall you used to have a lot more players across all three main campaigns (CP, no CP, 7 Day CP). More players = better for the game, at the very least it means Vivec overflow has a place to go which in turn helps relieve the worst of the Vivec queues (and thus help with some of the lag).
    Edited by Malibulove on September 22, 2017 5:58PM
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Xarxes and Kastav now please.

@raviour
    Xarxes would certainly like to see you try

tenor.gif

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »

Because once upon a time Haderus actually had really good smallscale PvP.

And don't try to play the "Well there's tons of PvErs" card and pretend a bunch of people enjoy the current system. We can see the populations, those campaigns are ghost towns 99.9% of the time. If there was even 100 concurrent players on one of those campaigns you would see more Factions jump to 2 bars.

Hell I had a lowbie homed on Xarxes once and got the last 35k AP needed for my Caltrops unlocking. 35k AP got me top 75 for the week on my faction. So you can't even really pretend there's players questing and having a blast out there.

The reason people are worried is because overall you used to have a lot more players across all three main campaigns (CP, no CP, 7 Day CP). More players = better for the game, at the very least it means Vivec overflow has a place to go which in turn helps relieve the worst of the Vivec queues (and thus help with some of the lag).

The extra campaigns are not the reason for less players being around. I am in one of the oldest PvP guilds on the PS4 which started out on Haderus the first week of launch. I played on PC before that for a year.
    A lot of my guild has simply stopped playing ESO because of the failure of ZOS to fix the problems in Cyrodiil.
    Whole guilds have disappeared and no longer play ESO.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 22, 2017 9:02PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haderus was enjoyable and interesting, 3 buff servers for questers and farmers is totally boring.

Some people in this game want to escape the zerg mentality in Vivec and Sotha and have a bit of fun that involves skill.

Personally I have no real issue with lag and I play ultra settings on nvidia gtx 760, using discord, shadowplay and 3 year old PC.

The point is. These 3 servers are totally pointless emperor/tel-var farming campaigns that were set up for the AP event. Merge them into one and we can have a fun smallscale server again.

P.S. I am sick of PvE heroes asking me to get them emperor in a dead campaign. It kinda defeats the point of the achievement.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Remove Xarxes and Kastav now please.

@raviour
    Xarxes would certainly like to see you try

tenor.gif

Xarxes: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Xarxes

Xerxes: http://300.wikia.com/wiki/Xerxes_I_of_Persia
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM