The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Skillpoint from morrowind tutorial unobtainable for toons created before morrowind. Change please?

Shadzilla
Shadzilla
✭✭✭✭✭
It is pretty unfair IMO that toons created prior to the launch of morrowind are handicapped and restricted to 1 less skillpoint than toons created after morrowind's launch. I am aware there are probably some people out there that could care less, and that is fine. Coming from my perspective, with my main having close to 350 skill points, it is pretty sad that one point from the morrowind tutorial is unreachable... I doubt this would take much coding to fix, hoping with enough responses that @ZOS might look into it. Leave comments to bump the thread.
Edited by Shadzilla on October 4, 2017 7:31AM

Skillpoint from morrowind tutorial unobtainable for toons created before morrowind. Change please? 216 votes

Yes please, toons created before morrowind deserve access to this skillpoint!
88%
tizoddfastolfv_ESOSolarikenGilvothMoloch1514Sunra1mirgNewBlacksmurfBigBraggdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOArobainssewallb14_ESOtspecherb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESODracaneHroguncycusutb16_ESOAimoraValve 192 votes
No thank you, all toons created before morrowind do not deserve this skillpoint.
11%
otis67terovian2000b14_ESODenniMyuuElsonsoHuyenMickey_OxSGT_Wolfe101stwolfie1.0.itehacheDBZVelenabloodthirstyvampireSilverIce58Kiralyn2000Slick_007ArdaghionFaylisNecomisNeyaneTheUndeadAmuletJLieu 24 votes
  • CalydorEstalon
    CalydorEstalon
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason whatsoever that I can think of to keep this one skillpoint locked away just because you've played for a long time.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had this issue since morrowind beta and zos never fixed it and I doubt they will do it now sadly. as a completionist this skillpoint matters to me even though I have 340ish skillpoints.

Also this thread is going to be attacked like the one I made before by the "its only a skillpoint get over it" crowd when they don't understand that different playstyles exist

explaination: if you do the morrowind tutorial on a new character, you are granted a skillpoint at the end of it and after they leave vvardenfell they can do the wailing prison for another skillpoint as well. Existing characters cannot do the morrowind tutorial so are locked out of a skillpoint. So perfectionists would have to create a new character in morrowind so they are not locked out of one skillpoint. This was reported in the beta by me and many others and still it remains an issue. the goal to get every skillpoint in the game remains impossible all because you created a character before morrowind existed.
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 4, 2017 7:43AM
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll. Lacks the option "I don't care about a single, measly skill point".
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    this will be the sixth time we've created this thread and we've become exceedingly efficient at it.

post-mw toons get one tutorial skill point, not both.
    Edited by platonicidealgirlfriend on October 4, 2017 7:50AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll. Lacks the option "I don't care about a single, measly skill point".

see what I mean? as I said the idc crowd is coming and is going to flame this thread. they will say zos has more important things to do and then from there they will say one skill point wont make a difference when you have 300plus skillpoints when they don't understand that completionism is a playstyle that exists weither they care about it or not
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 4, 2017 7:50AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will be the sixth time we've created this thread and we've become exceedingly efficient at it.

post-mw toons get tutorial one skill point, not both.

you obviously havnt tested it

"if you do the morrowind tutorial on a new character, you are granted a skillpoint at the end of it and after they leave vvardenfell they can do the wailing prison for another skillpoint as well. Existing characters cannot do the morrowind tutorial so are locked out of a skillpoint. So perfectionists would have to create a new character in morrowind so they are not locked out of one skillpoint. This was reported in the beta by me and many others and still it remains an issue. the goal to get every skillpoint in the game remains impossible all because you created a character before morrowind existed"

I have beta morrowind players like @enodoc and others that have tested and commented on it and we have tested this on live and your claim is false, you do get both tutorial skillpoints if you own morrowind and create a morrowind character and do both skillpoints. zos neither commented on beta and on live and that is sucky as we told them about this issue before it made it to live servers
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 4, 2017 7:46AM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

post-mw toons get tutorial one skill point, not both.

you obviously havnt tested it

"if you do the morrowind tutorial on a new character, you are granted a skillpoint at the end of it and after they leave vvardenfell they can do the wailing prison for another skillpoint as well. Existing characters cannot do the morrowind tutorial so are locked out of a skillpoint. So perfectionists would have to create a new character in morrowind so they are not locked out of one skillpoint. This was reported in the beta by me and many others and still it remains an issue. the goal to get every skillpoint in the game remains impossible all because you created a character before morrowind existed"

I have beta morrowind players like @enodoc and others that have tested and commented on it and we have tested this on live and your claim is false, you do get both tutorial skillpoints if you own morrowind and create a morrowind character and do both skillpoints. zos neither commented on beta and on live and that is sucky as we told them about this issue before it made it to live servers

@platonicidealgirlfriend this is a well known issue that @ZOS just ignores. It has been tested, many times.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should allow pre Morrowind character to do the new tutorial as a quest just as how post Morrowind characters can do the Wailing Prison.
    Edited by theher0not on October 4, 2017 7:59AM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to take part in the tutorial quest. I can be annoying and say people paid for Morrowind and only have one character didn't get to experience all the content they paid for :P
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're at it, also ask for the 2 mage guild skill points.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

Damn right. I went good guy mode to save that altmer ***** and didn't realize I'd pass on those sweet points. How could I know?! It's the single quest in the game that has such choice.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give us skill point, we PAYED for it! Euros, Dinars, Dolars, Yens, you name it, we payed for it and we deserve to get these points.
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's more than enough skill points to go around and fill in every skill and morph and passive available for a character including Vamp/WW if you go with that.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riejael wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's more than enough skill points to go around and fill in every skill and morph and passive available for a character including Vamp/WW if you go with that.

You are wrong. There are not enough to unlock everything.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they will do this exact same thing with the next 'chapter' as well... create another 'tutorial' and give new characters an extra skill point... therefore screwing over existing characters once again. The fact that they haven't commented demonstrates that it IS intended, most controversial things that they intend they rarely ever discuss.

I think from their perspective, as a for-profit company, is that giving extra incentive to create new characters garners them more money over time compared to an existing character.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember the ppl who voted nay guys, remember :#
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could not be more wrong, I have 350ish and I have to redo skillpoints whenever I make a major change.... You have been corrected.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason not to fix it.

Doubt it though
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will do this exact same thing with the next 'chapter' as well... create another 'tutorial' and give new characters an extra skill point... therefore screwing over existing characters once again. The fact that they haven't commented demonstrates that it IS intended, most controversial things that they intend they rarely ever discuss.
    It's not intended, and they said it wasn't intended, but they're not going to fix it now.

theher0not wrote: »
    They should allow pre Morrowind character to do the new tutorial as a quest just as how post Morrowind characters can do the Wailing Prison.
    Cously wrote: »
    Allow us to take part in the tutorial quest. I can be annoying and say people paid for Morrowind and only have one character didn't get to experience all the content they paid for :P
    Agreed. This is the obvious and relatively-easy-to-implement solution. I have a thread about how to do that over here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/358647/two-tutorials-two-skill-points-two-quests-two-solutions It had all of 6 replies :stuck_out_tongue:

Elwendryll wrote: »
    I think that's slightly different. That was a conscious choice that you made for your character. This, on the other hand, is something that you can't control.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, Yes we should get the skill point, but really, in the end does it make any difference to end game?
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....orrrrr....simply remove one of the skill points from the new post-MW created chars.They may be able to do both tutorials, but give 1 point total?

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really dumb lol. I complained about not being able to do the tutorial as an old character. That pisses me right off. But a skillpoint? What the hell people.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes there is, all you need to do is respec.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    They should allow pre Morrowind character to do the new tutorial as a quest just as how post Morrowind characters are FORCED to do the Wailing Prison.

They need to fix that. or at least allow us to skip it.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as i'm aware the tutorial quest is still there even if you skip doing the tutorial. For morrowind is when you're asked to investigate the lighthouse and free the slaves from Firemoth Island
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please give us this skill point. My character feels incomplete without it.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe with PvP skill points (Though I doubt it), but without that there's not.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »

Maybe with PvP skill points (Though I doubt it), but without that there's not.
    Nestor wrote: »

Yes there is, all you need to do is respec.

There is no way fathomable to unlock everything, unless you respec. When you respec with 350 skill points, its not fun either... If I were to estimate, It would take roughly 600-700 skill points to unlock every skill on one toon. I welcome anyone that has the time to add up how many points it would require to unlock everything on one toon. @aliyavana looking at you buddy.