The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bring back 1 alliance character per campaign

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    that's dirty...
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Killing an opposing alliance member to have them turn up minutes later on your alliance following you around until you get killed by their mates

That probably doesn't happen, either. Nobody is that persistent in killing one out of the many people in Cyrodiil. It's just OP's attempt at getting sympathy. Which is just laughable.

When that's said. No. This is silly and it prevents people from playing with their mates. Here's a scenario for you: I'm an AD-main. I played with a sorc-friend on AD, on Vivec - but there's already Locked vs. Low population(So there's no fights anywhere). Because I want PvP - I do not play PvP to scout a keep all day, I log my DC-character to play with another DK-friend. On the same campaign - since every other cp-campaign is dead.

You really don't want people to have multiple friends to play with - or friends across all factions(Which 1T encourages) do you?

No it happens I got attacked by someone In the other faction that was friends with someone on ad the person on ad followed me around so I couldn't stealth out or anything so their friends could see me and every time I would put up siege they would jump on it and turn it around until the siege died on ps4 na there are trolls that will do this to players if anyone is on ps4 na the people I'm referring to that did this names was accordion and dubbs that's not there full names but you get the idea
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 12, 2017 8:22PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account locking works very well in wvw in guild wars 2. But their system has more of a competition feel to it as its a tournament setup. Your efforts are reward in moving up (or down) the server ladder. Where as cyrodiil is just stale ,the core idea of it is fun, bit thats where it stale.
    (They have account locking because they dont have factions, yes they have three colours but thats just starting points for your weekly match up (no monthly either), that might be what eso needs.)
    Edited by Bhaal5 on October 13, 2017 6:50AM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »
    When I hear people arguing in favor of allowing this cross faction jumping which is ruining PvP, I just want to throw the bull*% flag. OneTamriel allows players to group together for 97% of this games content. This includes battlegrounds, dueling,etc., The ONLY reason to allow cross faction jumping is to allow the garbage that's ruining this game to continue. People jumping on their Red toon to faction stack and crown an Emp. then switch to their blue toon to dethrone and run the map,etc. Meanwhile people like myself....who have worked tirelessly to WIN THE DAMNED CAMPAIGN watch as our efforts are thwarted because ZOS doesn't have the GUTS to do what's right. Campaigns are stolen because people not only jump factions, they jump campaigns to effect the outcome. BAH! ZOS is about to lose a significant number of players who have had it with this DAILY corruption, but they will do NOTHING about it because they are 100% focused on selling doilies and lampshades for housing. Yes...if you can't tell by my tone I've about had it with this issue being ignored and I know of 2 large AD guilds who will be gone within 30 days. ZOS won't believe it...people threaten to leave every day over some silly issue or another. But they'll notice this exodus when it happens...And it's ALL because the folks resonsible for Cyrodiil choose AP prostitution over a strategy game where hard work is rewarded fairly. They have chosen an incorrect path and refuse to alter course. C'est la vie.

And the "win the campaign" argument would hold some value if it was actually a strategic game where hard work is rewarded fairly. But the nightcaps have nothing to do with strategic gameplay and hard work. And your own definition of whats fair and whats not isnt a reason to not allow players PVP at all.

Is it really so hard for you and your friends to pick an alliance and pick a campaign?

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.

Child jokes. How original.

You invited sarcasm. I asked a simple question.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I hear people arguing in favor of allowing this cross faction jumping which is ruining PvP, I just want to throw the bull*% flag. OneTamriel allows players to group together for 97% of this games content. This includes battlegrounds, dueling,etc., The ONLY reason to allow cross faction jumping is to allow the garbage that's ruining this game to continue. People jumping on their Red toon to faction stack and crown an Emp. then switch to their blue toon to dethrone and run the map,etc. Meanwhile people like myself....who have worked tirelessly to WIN THE DAMNED CAMPAIGN watch as our efforts are thwarted because ZOS doesn't have the GUTS to do what's right. Campaigns are stolen because people not only jump factions, they jump campaigns to effect the outcome. BAH! ZOS is about to lose a significant number of players who have had it with this DAILY corruption, but they will do NOTHING about it because they are 100% focused on selling doilies and lampshades for housing. Yes...if you can't tell by my tone I've about had it with this issue being ignored and I know of 2 large AD guilds who will be gone within 30 days. ZOS won't believe it...people threaten to leave every day over some silly issue or another. But they'll notice this exodus when it happens...And it's ALL because the folks resonsible for Cyrodiil choose AP prostitution over a strategy game where hard work is rewarded fairly. They have chosen an incorrect path and refuse to alter course. C'est la vie.

And the "win the campaign" argument would hold some value if it was actually a strategic game where hard work is rewarded fairly. But the nightcaps have nothing to do with strategic gameplay and hard work. And your own definition of whats fair and whats not isnt a reason to not allow players PVP at all.

Is it really so hard for you and your friends to pick an alliance and pick a campaign?

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.

Wait you are serious? Do you seriously actually believe that no one in this game knows someone from a different alliance and that no one in this game has characters in 2 or even 3 factions and wants to PVP with them? Im impressed, got to say that.

But since you are looking for an answer let me make it a little more simple for you. People bought/still paying the game to be able to play it and to have fun. Your own sense of faction loyalty in a virtual game about a virtual war means nothing as long as its in the way of that.

And the argument about competitive campaigns, fair game, hard work or whatever also means nothing as long as there are nightcaps and the gameplay itself isnt competitve or fair.

Since the game allows people to make characters in every alliance and until you find a solution that actually solves the issue of people not being able to play the game you have no ground to back up ur argument.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.

Wait you are serious? Do you seriously actually believe that no one in this game knows someone from a different alliance and that no one in this game has characters in 2 or even 3 factions and wants to PVP with them? Im impressed, got to say that.

But since you are looking for an answer let me make it a little more simple for you. People bought/still paying the game to be able to play it and to have fun. Your own sense of faction loyalty in a virtual game about a virtual war means nothing as long as its in the way of that.

And the argument about competitive campaigns, fair game, hard work or whatever also means nothing as long as there are nightcaps and the gameplay itself isnt competitve or fair.

Since the game allows people to make characters in every alliance and until you find a solution that actually solves the issue of people not being able to play the game you have no ground to back up ur argument.

What I meant was you and your friends can still play an alliance locked campaign. Nobody is stopping you except yourselves.

I don't care about faction loyalty and I don't care who plays for what alliance. What I do care about is the way that faction hopping has disrupted the game in a way that is not healthy.

We are not going to agree on this so no point in continuing. You're just getting yourself worked up.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.

What I meant was you and your friends can still play an alliance locked campaign. Nobody is stopping you except yourselves.

I don't care about faction loyalty and I don't care who plays for what alliance. What I do care about is the way that faction hopping has disrupted the game in a way that is not healthy.

We are not going to agree on this so no point in continuing. You're just getting yourself worked up.

No you cant. If your friend is playing in a different alliance then by definition you cant play together. Im happy that you completely ignored my point of people having multiple characters in different alliances. Restricting people from being able to play is even more unhealthy than what we have now. But i guess its not unhealthy for you personally because it doesnt affect you personally. Everyone else can go [snip] themselves tho.

You are right. There is no point to continue this. That was my point. You have no argument to continue discussing this.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 25, 2017 1:45PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, havent people been banned for 'ap boosting'? And isnt faction swapping just doing that?
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction swapping has made certain campaigns a nightmare.

So put me down for faction locking.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

You obviously had no answer for his direct question so responded with an inane "lol. Just Lol" which offers nothing to the discussion. Your ONLY argument seems to be that the status quo is the ONLY course available...an argument most of us reject. You are free to join ANY faction for ANY campaign you choose...and to then change this home designation at campaigns end to whatever faction you want to. Rinse and repeat as often as you like. Your friends might choose to play with you...or against you. It is their choice. But ZOS has a responsibility to ensure the very best game play experience for all. The systemic corruption in the system now allows for literal ingame griefing of other players by mega guilds in Cyrodiil, a situation many of us find highly objectionable. I don't know if ZOS will work to correct this or not. I draw slight comfort from their recent efforts to encourage PvP by having the special exp event...and now they're doing another Halloween event with double experience. My sense is they'd very much like PvP'ers to PvE more...and vice versa. But they need to address that smelly fat elephant in the room if they ever hope to nab some pvE players for PvP on a regular basis. Promoting AP prostitution with all the ancillary problems that result from it is a fools errand. Strong faction loyalty with built in rewards for that loyalty are a much better way to go.

They are currently selling Emperorships for 1 million gold to a guild on the 1 week CP campaign. That's right...just pay 1 million gold and you too can have a zerg descend on the server from other campaigns, and run the map to crown you! Get ya shiny new Ruby red throne here guys! Bah! It's really sad...and this is just one example of the corruption occuring on a daily basis. ZOS needs to stop it before it's too late.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Can't put the toothpaste back into the tube now, OP

I disagree because the solution is quite simple. Just lock the damn campaigns by account to their freely chosen faction. At the end of said campaign they are free to choose a different faction or stay where they are. It's never too late to do the right thing! :wink:
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not overly fond of people switching characters in a campaign when they have been in game on the other character for a long time.. however I tend to switch alliances every week or 2 and keep that character active for that long... been on my blue in Vivic for the last 2 weeks, have now switched to my red for this week, or the next 2 depending on how I like it.

If the other campaigns were nicely populated I probably would not do this. haha!
    Edited by AnviOfVai on October 23, 2017 8:08AM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now with only 2 CP campaigns and 1 non CP campaign this option is unfeasible... for people who have toons on all 3 alliances you would be forcing them to 1) play non cp on 1 of their alliances, or 2) not pvp on one alliance.....if anyone on here can actually argue for that, well gg I guess.Now, I know, people are going to preach the alliance loyalty to me, but for me (and the majority of the people who have multi alliance toons) it is not about the alliance as much as the people in my group or guild I am playing with.

Also for the people claiming alliance hoping or whatever you would like to call it, is ruining pvp...I would have to vehemently disagree. Changes to AP gains, the fact that it is now a better ap gain to zerg an empty keep rather than actually fighting people, that is ruining PVP.. It is now about unkillable builds and giant groups.. Solo and small group pvp is all but a thing of the past, you can farm a group for maybe 1 or 2 wipes on a resource before they either call in 24 other friends or go to the other side of the map and flip an unguarded keep.

ZOS is not "fixing" pvp at all right now..they are killing it..
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no solo in a team game.
    This is an MMO remember?
    One person or a small group should lose to a larger group, the fact that they don't point more to the broken unkillable builds.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    that's dirty...
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Killing an opposing alliance member to have them turn up minutes later on your alliance following you around until you get killed by their mates

That probably doesn't happen, either. Nobody is that persistent in killing one out of the many people in Cyrodiil. It's just OP's attempt at getting sympathy. Which is just laughable.

When that's said. No. This is silly and it prevents people from playing with their mates. Here's a scenario for you: I'm an AD-main. I played with a sorc-friend on AD, on Vivec - but there's already Locked vs. Low population(So there's no fights anywhere). Because I want PvP - I do not play PvP to scout a keep all day, I log my DC-character to play with another DK-friend. On the same campaign - since every other cp-campaign is dead.

You really don't want people to have multiple friends to play with - or friends across all factions(Which 1T encourages) do you?

No it happens I got attacked by someone In the other faction that was friends with someone on ad the person on ad followed me around so I couldn't stealth out or anything so their friends could see me and every time I would put up siege they would jump on it and turn it around until the siege died on ps4 na there are trolls that will do this to players if anyone is on ps4 na the people I'm referring to that did this names was accordion and dubbs that's not there full names but you get the idea

I see your point, but also I don't see it. You want ZOS to punish the entire playerbase because of a few trolls being shtlords towards you? In my opinion you should have just transported to the other side of the map. Don't feed the trolls.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pro faction locking and have been pro faction locking since day one. So i said it then and i'll say it again:

I understand the argument that allowing faction swapping can promote the "balance of the campaign" by players switching over to the less dominant faction to help even out the playing field.

HOWEVER

As it stands, there is far too much potential to ABUSE and EXPLOIT this feature to manipulate campaigns. Its already happening. That portion of players that want to "balance" the servers? I can almost count on my two hands - they are a HYPER-MINORITY.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no solo in a team game.
    This is an MMO remember?
    One person or a small group should lose to a larger group, the fact that they don't point more to the broken unkillable builds.

yet zos gives us the freedom to chose our group size....odd......

and wiping large groups does not mean you have unkillable builds....

I get you enjoy the zerg game style, but not everyone does..and what is that saying, "play your own way"..yeah there is that solo and small group play has been viable since day one, now zos is strangling the life out of it..understand NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO ZERG..I do not get why it is that hard to see. and please do not say bg's as a small scale alt..It is not, it is *** and far too easy
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify I enjoy playing in organized guild raids of 8 to 24 taking objectives and open field battles.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

You obviously had no answer for his direct question so responded with an inane "lol. Just Lol" which offers nothing to the discussion. Your ONLY argument seems to be that the status quo is the ONLY course available...an argument most of us reject. .

I did answer that dumb question. If you cant read it aint my problem. I have no intention of repeating myself over and over again.

Like you said ZOS has to ensure the best gameplay experience. That includes being able to play. As long as you have the option to create chars on all 3 alliances you should be able to play them. Period. You want better gameplay and all that, im with you, but untill you provide a solution that doesnt affect other people's playtime then you are the one offering nothing to the discussion.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

You obviously had no answer for his direct question so responded with an inane "lol. Just Lol" which offers nothing to the discussion. Your ONLY argument seems to be that the status quo is the ONLY course available...an argument most of us reject. .

I did answer that dumb question. If you cant read it aint my problem. I have no intention of repeating myself over and over again.

Like you said ZOS has to ensure the best gameplay experience. That includes being able to play. As long as you have the option to create chars on all 3 alliances you should be able to play them. Period. You want better gameplay and all that, im with you, but untill you provide a solution that doesnt affect other people's playtime then you are the one offering nothing to the discussion.

Best you don't repeat yourself. You have nothing to say except inane insults.
    Edited by reiverx on October 24, 2017 7:45PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is dead on ps4 na vivec there are only 1 bar red 1 bar blue 2 yellow and all they other campaigns are currently empty it's either because of the event or people are just tired of the way pvp is right now in It's current state ppl hopping from one alliance to another there really Isn't no reason to go into pvp anymore ad had a 5000k point lead over ep and dc do to everyone switching campaigns dc and ep don't have enough ppl to fight back
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 24, 2017 7:51PM
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I would like to continue hoping faction at will in order to find better fights when my faction is over populated.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is dead on ps4 na vivec there are only 1 bar red 1 bar blue 2 yellow and all they other campaigns are currently empty it's either because of the event or people are just tired of the way pvp is right now in It's current state ppl hopping from one alliance to another there really Isn't no reason to go into pvp anymore ad had a 5000k point lead over ep and dc do to everyone switching campaigns dc and ep don't have enough ppl to fight back

I remember when DC used to dominate scourge month after month...

I'm not sure exactly why folks have cleared out of our campaign maps on ps4/na...definitely seems to have happened though...

no doubt with the lead AD has any campaign "objectives" are pretty much dead...

mostly just everyone farming AP or just fighting for the sake of fighting...

been spending a bunch of time lately at the outposts and bridge doing the same...

personally though, I would much prefer the action from a close campaign...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that zos has to stop this sh!t. The eso community has a couple of mind sets
    1. I only 'pvp' in a buff campaign three bars my side other two have to be empty
    2. I see which side is winning and jump on that team, if its a close match ill jump back an forward until i see a clear winner
    3. Troll, i dont like someone on my side or they are doing something constructive, or social, or just something that makes me feel funny. I'll Jump on other side just to gank them? (Why this even a then a developer allows?)

Solution is simple and have stated it in numerous post before. Doesnt even have to touch any core gameplay at all just "campaign setup"
    1. Remove campaigns completely, add in servers 9,12,15 or more this will be the base for a tier base competition, all match ups are the same, all weekly start at X time and finish at Y.
    2. Make your eso account bound to these servers (only for the purpose of pvp) this step eliminates campaign swaping, ap boosting and creates a sense of purpose to who you are fighting for (and if you want to change you pay a 'x' amount of gold (2 million lets say) or 1500 crowns).
    3. Now since your account is to a server, no need for factions (oh no controversy). Just like battlegrounds, your weekly match up you may start from a different point each week (red one week blue the next), as now your fighting for your server not a faction so shouldnt matter where you start.
    4. With this as your server wins a week, determines with you move up a teir or move down. Yes some servers will be weaker than others but they will face of with other servers of equal strength, top servers will have to fight to keep there spots if not they will drop out back down to tier 2 or 3 and someone else will replace them.

There we go, solution in a nutshell and will bring life back into a stale system. Zos just need to get it done.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

Best you don't repeat yourself. You have nothing to say except inane insults.

Insults? If you consider other people's playtime being more important than ur own experience an insult then i really dont know what to say to you. Sorry to break it to you, u are not the center of the universe.

If there is anyone here insulting people then thats you because you are basically telling people " i dont give a [snip] if u cant play the game as long as i have good time playing it". Joke is on you buddy.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 25, 2017 1:46PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_lmtekem92a1qajhjio1_500.gif

this can only be settled one way - dance off!!!

13a.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2017 9:09PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, there just isn't enough population or campaigns to even do what OP suggests. And the example there is a bit... idk... off. That's definitely an outlier situation and we see too many times in the world people trying to make some sort of overhaul using an outlier example - it's just not a good reason to make the change.

Not that I disagree with alliance loyalty, all my 14 guys are AD. But it's not what the game is at this point and the ship sailed on that shortly after launch.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC