The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bring back 1 alliance character per campaign

Breedj01
Breedj01
✭✭✭
People switching alliances mid campaign, mid battle, makes underhanded play rife in cyrodiil at the moment. Killing an opposing alliance member to have them turn up minutes later on your alliance following you around until you get killed by their mates. Sure it happened when it was 1 alliance character per campaign, but it was a much more complicated process to get in via a group queue.
Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's dirty...
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Killing an opposing alliance member to have them turn up minutes later on your alliance following you around until you get killed by their mates

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    that's dirty...
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Killing an opposing alliance member to have them turn up minutes later on your alliance following you around until you get killed by their mates

That probably doesn't happen, either. Nobody is that persistent in killing one out of the many people in Cyrodiil. It's just OP's attempt at getting sympathy. Which is just laughable.

When that's said. No. This is silly and it prevents people from playing with their mates. Here's a scenario for you: I'm an AD-main. I played with a sorc-friend on AD, on Vivec - but there's already Locked vs. Low population(So there's no fights anywhere). Because I want PvP - I do not play PvP to scout a keep all day, I log my DC-character to play with another DK-friend. On the same campaign - since every other cp-campaign is dead.

You really don't want people to have multiple friends to play with - or friends across all factions(Which 1T encourages) do you?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't put the toothpaste back into the tube now, OP
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me get on my yellow and drop 9 camps and get back on my red. lol
    Totally stupidest change ever made.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 1, 2017 4:30PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm either seeing a lot of cheats in here or a lot of people with no idea what the hell goes on in the console campaigns
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's to late they'll never undo the change, but it has been one of their many many ridiculous and not well thought out changes. It is flat out bad for pvp, like frags no longer having a stun component,fossilize being melee range, destro ults. I could go on and on but zos DNGAF about pvp balance, only how much money they can get from casual pvers.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change. I can fight with my buddies on DC and hop on my EP and AD toon when the raid ends. Beside if they tried and succeeded in switching it back I'd just hop on my second account and fight.
    Edited by imredneckson on October 2, 2017 8:18AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yet there are people who will fight tooth and nail not to have faction lock.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: no, i do not have a problem with the small percentage of players that want to help "balance" the campaign. But at the moment, there are too many ways to abuse the system and they need to lock it down.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree generally at the campaign level. I play my AD (mostly) in Vivec and EP (mostly) in Sotha when the other factions aren't trying to ruin the campaign.

But.

It's good for the bottom line to allow it, essential even, because it reduces the friction of cross-faction friendships that are essential to PvE's health, which we all know is what pays the bills for ZoS.

For example I first started playing this game because of my brother in law, and he was DC. I was EP before I knew that *** mattered. I'd have given up on it if I'd have realized that me playing the char I wanted to play meant we couldn't play together. They know this, hence 1T and alliance swapping.

It's perfectly understandable from their perspective, and will never change as a result.
    Edited by pzschrek on October 2, 2017 5:21PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they had the campaign lock before people were still able to get around it because at a fundamental level ZOS will always ensure that friends can play together. As long as that is their goal they will always have a work around for campaign lock.

Pretty immature behaviour though. I guess you should take it as a compliment that he was that mad about getting rekt OP.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP sure was a lot better when you couldn't switch alliance on a whim.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the difference between someone having characters in opposing alliances of the same campaign and having different accounts to serve the same purpose.

It's what was happening before and is currently available to many since there is a decent population that have multiple accounts fully leveled.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    What is the difference between someone having characters in opposing alliances of the same campaign and having different accounts to serve the same purpose.

It's what was happening before and is currently available to many since there is a decent population that have multiple accounts fully leveled.

That's true, however, i think there is a smaller percentage of the population willing to pay for a second account.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make it so you are locked into a faction until the campaign is over.
    Not that hard. You can still play with your friends on other factions. You just can't do it until the campaign is over.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    It's to late they'll never undo the change, but it has been one of their many many ridiculous and not well thought out changes. It is flat out bad for pvp, like frags no longer having a stun component,fossilize being melee range, destro ults. I could go on and on but zos DNGAF about pvp balance, only how much money they can get from casual pvers.

Its ok mate. All those crown crates is funding the next mmo, Fallout Online!

Kek
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

That's true, however, i think there is a smaller percentage of the population willing to pay for a second account.

And we also used to have more campaigns and fewer character slots. This was probably part of the reasoning Zos had to remove the restrictions last year.

Regardless of the merits or lack of, I don't see this as something that will happen anytime soon due to the current state is something That has been changed. One wouldn't need to understand the reasoning for the change and explain why it was a bad idea. The reasons presented in the OP is probably insufficient. Just saying.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One faction per campaign is how it used to be back in the day, and it was much better than now. Or, should I say one color. So you can have multiple characters assigned to a single campaign, but not different factions.

Of course, if you'd like to switch up, pay up. And pay up good, not a mere 150k AP or whatever. Especially now that AP drops like candy.

Whoever PVP'd years ago remembers how much less AP we used to get for a kill, and paying for stuff was much more serious than now.

So, to recap. One color per campaign, with a possibility to swap for a very considerable amount of AP.

This way, you can play with your friends, but you and your buddies can't hop from one color to another whenever you please, because each campaign will have one color assigned to it, so none of this nonsense will exist where whole trains of pvp bots are switching their colors whenever they please.

As of now, there is absolutely zero faction loyalty and that's wrong. Am I the only one here that remembers devs giving speeches on how faction loyalty must matter in order to have a better PVP experience? What happened?
    Edited by LegendaryMage on October 4, 2017 8:58PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And should the number of campaigns reduce a little bit, it could provide some extra population where it's needed.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    When I hear people arguing in favor of allowing this cross faction jumping which is ruining PvP, I just want to throw the bull*% flag. OneTamriel allows players to group together for 97% of this games content. This includes battlegrounds, dueling,etc., The ONLY reason to allow cross faction jumping is to allow the garbage that's ruining this game to continue. People jumping on their Red toon to faction stack and crown an Emp. then switch to their blue toon to dethrone and run the map,etc. Meanwhile people like myself....who have worked tirelessly to WIN THE DAMNED CAMPAIGN watch as our efforts are thwarted because ZOS doesn't have the GUTS to do what's right. Campaigns are stolen because people not only jump factions, they jump campaigns to effect the outcome. BAH! ZOS is about to lose a significant number of players who have had it with this DAILY corruption, but they will do NOTHING about it because they are 100% focused on selling doilies and lampshades for housing. Yes...if you can't tell by my tone I've about had it with this issue being ignored and I know of 2 large AD guilds who will be gone within 30 days. ZOS won't believe it...people threaten to leave every day over some silly issue or another. But they'll notice this exodus when it happens...And it's ALL because the folks resonsible for Cyrodiil choose AP prostitution over a strategy game where hard work is rewarded fairly. They have chosen an incorrect path and refuse to alter course. C'est la vie.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very well said @Carpe-Veritatem.

I would say the dynamic for Cyrodiil has change in this regard that Win trading for emperor-ship is really all that has became of Cyrodiil. The drive to be the best faction and win the Campaign has really fallen behind. I blame ZOS mainly for this change because they make such immediate changes on things with out thinking what the ramification will be.(they do
    this a lot)

since One Tameriel Cyrodiil has really been put on the back burning in terms of any engaging game play. I believe a lot of the system performance issues with the server and memory leaks, Random load screens ect. Has really dis hearten ZOS focus on Cyrodiil. While they continue to say they are working on fixes. you can go back almost 3 years and see that this is something since BETA that they state they have been working on.

To wrap up my short novel here. I think Faction Hoping removes the idea that you are fighting with your faction for a goal and puts you in the mentality that you are fighting for kills. While i like to come in and get kills i believe that if you are in Cyrodiil you need to have that mind set that you are fighting for your faction.
    Edited by akredon_ESO on October 8, 2017 8:46PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I hear people arguing in favor of allowing this cross faction jumping which is ruining PvP, I just want to throw the bull*% flag. OneTamriel allows players to group together for 97% of this games content. This includes battlegrounds, dueling,etc., The ONLY reason to allow cross faction jumping is to allow the garbage that's ruining this game to continue. People jumping on their Red toon to faction stack and crown an Emp. then switch to their blue toon to dethrone and run the map,etc. Meanwhile people like myself....who have worked tirelessly to WIN THE DAMNED CAMPAIGN watch as our efforts are thwarted because ZOS doesn't have the GUTS to do what's right. Campaigns are stolen because people not only jump factions, they jump campaigns to effect the outcome. BAH! ZOS is about to lose a significant number of players who have had it with this DAILY corruption, but they will do NOTHING about it because they are 100% focused on selling doilies and lampshades for housing. Yes...if you can't tell by my tone I've about had it with this issue being ignored and I know of 2 large AD guilds who will be gone within 30 days. ZOS won't believe it...people threaten to leave every day over some silly issue or another. But they'll notice this exodus when it happens...And it's ALL because the folks resonsible for Cyrodiil choose AP prostitution over a strategy game where hard work is rewarded fairly. They have chosen an incorrect path and refuse to alter course. C'est la vie.

Nailed it.

PVP used to be a pretty good game of strategy with a bunch of dedicated guilds on each faction trying to outwit each other. Those were good days.

Unfortunately, Cyrodiil is a shell of what it used to be because of lag, bugs and updates that devalued PVP in one way or another. Now that we can bank our AP, cross alliance farming is even more desirable.

It's turned stupid. This is the most messed up PVP I've came across.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    PVP used to be a pretty good game of strategy with a bunch of dedicated guilds on each faction trying to outwit each other. Those were good days.
    Maybe if changes didn't always favor mindless faction stacking versus skilled, outnumbered play that many guilds favor, we wouldn't see them slowly fading into the darkness.

Guilds are also the groups that sometimes switch factions mid campaign to the lower population side and help even the numbers out. We did this one time for about six weeks and that campaign and the next were much healthier and balanced because of it. When the side we switched to recovered some numbers and our original faction started falling behind, we switched back. But we committed to it, not something your average faction hopper chasing easy wins does. So maybe a cooldown before switching factions in campaign a second time would work better overall.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    and yet there are people who will fight tooth and nail not to have faction lock.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: no, i do not have a problem with the small percentage of players that want to help "balance" the campaign. But at the moment, there are too many ways to abuse the system and they need to lock it down.

Who says its about balancing the campaign. There are just people that would like to PVP with friends. And there are people with characters on all 3 alliances. Why on earth should they not be able to PVP?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And the "win the campaign" argument would hold some value if it was actually a strategic game where hard work is rewarded fairly. But the nightcaps have nothing to do with strategic gameplay and hard work. And your own definition of whats fair and whats not isnt a reason to not allow players PVP at all.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

And the "win the campaign" argument would hold some value if it was actually a strategic game where hard work is rewarded fairly. But the nightcaps have nothing to do with strategic gameplay and hard work. And your own definition of whats fair and whats not isnt a reason to not allow players PVP at all.

Is it really so hard for you and your friends to pick an alliance and pick a campaign?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it really so hard for you and your friends to pick an alliance and pick a campaign?

Lol. Just lol.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 10 characters...at least 3 in each faction, all "homed" in the same map...primarily a solo player and i've been doing it for years now...

back in the day :p it was cool, didn't seem like that big a deal...

now that everyone else is doing it - not so wonderful (I blame it on all the social "groupies" out there :o )...

hopefully one of the upcoming cyrodiil "enhancements" is a faction switching timer (at least 24 hours)...

without that - I'd be okay with an account faction lock per campaign...

never thought I'd say that, but, I kind of miss the whole faction loyalist vibe pvp used to have...

however - with the ever decreasing pvp populations I could very well end up with 6 or 7 characters stuck in dead campaigns...which would definitely suck...

I'm hoping for the timer...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol. Just lol.

Ok. Calm down, child.

Child jokes. How original.