Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold Farming Best Practices

Galenus_of_Pergamon
Hello all,

What are some of the best ways to make 20k, 40k, 50k, or even 100k+ gold per day?

I do writs to sale gold mats, but what are other people doing?
14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing and just PvE mobs is all I do. Surprising how the money accumulates over time.

I've never played an MMO where the primary currency serves so little purpose.

• Galenus_of_Pergamon
    What about selling raw stacks of fish and farming ancestor silk? How much is raw ancestor silk on PS4?

Vivat Veritas
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will farm once a week for about 2 hours in IC I'll get about 500k gold if everything goes right :)
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First rule of best gold farming practices - never tell about best gold farming practices.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm mats. If you're good, you can do 100k+ an hour.

If you already have a lot of money, you can get into flipping.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 30, 2017 9:02PM
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    I will farm once a week for about 2 hours in IC I'll get about 500k gold if everything goes right :)

Farming telvar?

Vivat Veritas
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consumable crafting writs get you $2K/max character/day. The value of rewards other than cash are also probably greater than the cost of the goods to fulfill the writs. And they're easy to do.

The story isn't as clean for the "equipment writs".
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs turn 5k a day per character, do 14 characters is 70k a day for Just about half an hour.

Almost everything that drops off mobs in IC is ornate. I probably made over 100k selling junk firing the event.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, honestly, I've tried the 100K+ an hour farming mats thing. I can't make it work. I have great farming gear, good routes I've tried in multiple zones, maxed crafting, all the right CP farming, and I cannot get mats worth 100K+ in an hour unless I get absurdly lucky with nirncrux or kuta or chest drops. The mats and reagents alone do not add up to 100K an hour. Not on PC NA where I'm farming.

However, I usually can gather enough mats to make about 100K+ in a day. Final amount depends on playing time.

My preferred method is to get a stam character, gear them out to run fast, and then gather everything along a farming route. I don't have the ESO+ crafting bag but I do have enough inventory space to empty chests and clear enchanting nodes because I despise cherrypickers. I'm currently selling raw materials, though the difference between raw vs. refined+tempers varies. As long as I'm close to MM price for my guilds, things sell pretty quickly.
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure which server 100k per hour is referring to, but it's not PC EU. I'm telling you it's not possible. Not reliably, at least. A stack of rubedite ore sells for less than 10k.
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    You could make trash poisons(3200) and sell minimum 16k with CP150 poisons. It what I do with Spider eggs and Scrib Jelly
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a route that I run through craglorn that can be quite profitable. Like today I got a kuta, 2 potent and 1 fortifid nirncrucx. Along with the rest of the nodes flowers and chests. Today I did well but other days it's a struggle to find much of anything. Then I will leave a try my luck somewhere else. Also helps to go out on a different character as they may have better rng. My lowbie mag dk pulled an imperial motif book out of a backpack in bahrahas gloom yesterday.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xelrick wrote: »
    You could make trash poisons(3200) and sell minimum 16k with CP150 poisons. It what I do with Spider eggs and Scrib Jelly

Selling vendor or players? Cuz on my side, doing so is less effective than selling mats to players if you vendor them... vendor gives me 3 gold per poison (48 gold for a stack of 16 that you craft one session) and each egg are sold about 30g each and scrib about 50 gold.... so basicly crafting and vendor gives you half the gold you could (48 gold versus 80-85 gold) get by selling mats on trader? Remember a fast and cheap way to level up aclhemy is crafting poison... so those mats sells quite fast I'm not talking about the poison reagent that this, you could sell to vendor or traders as well...
    Edited by Insandros on October 1, 2017 11:55AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level your alchemy. NPC vendor should give you 5 gold per top level poison. You need to find ingredients under 80. Quite tedious.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB